I Will Bring Flowers

Those who love (oneshots)

 

 

 

 Music:

Una Mattina – Ludovico Einaudi 

 

 

 

                “But I want to meet your parents!” Jongin said for the hundredth time. Kyungsoo glared at him for a second before turning back towards his book. He breathed in deeply, several times, irritated that Jongin was bringing up this subject once again.

 

                “Why?” he replied. “Why do you want to meet them so much?”

 

                Jongin almost burst out laughing. “But it’s normal that I want to meet my boyfriend’s parents! Come on, we’ve known each other for six months and you’ve seen my parents plenty of times!” he said. Kyungsoo shook his head. “Come on!” Jongin pleaded.

 

                Kyungsoo always tried to stay calm when Jongin asked him that. But this time, this time… It was really too much. Kyungsoo wasn’t really hot-tempered, but things like this tented to make him lose it. And he was going to. “Fine!” he shouted. “You want to meet my parents? You’re meeting my parents!”

 

                Harshly, he grabbed Jongin’s arm and dragged him out of the bedroom. The young boy just had the time to put on his shoes; Kyungsoo was already outside, storming to his car. “Wait!” he said. The small boy opened the door and sat down in front the wheel. Jongin ran after him and opened the passenger’s door. Kyungsoo started up, and the car was moving even before Jongin fastened his seatbelt.

 

                “Where are we going?” Jongin asked.

 

                “You’re going to meet my parents!” Kyungsoo retorted, staring at the road. The younger boy didn’t reply. Kyungsoo was driving fast and he accelerated and stopped abruptly when he had to.

 

                Then, after about half an hour spent in absolute silence, he parked the car. (Very badly.) He opened the door violently and slammed it before almost pulling his boyfriend out of the car. “Come on, move!” he yelled. Jongin protested.

 

                “Let go of me, and where are – ” his voice died in his throat as he looked up at the grey wall in front of him. He knew that wall. He turned around and spotted a white sign. Graveyard, he read, written in thin black letters. His heart skipped a beat. “Kyungsoo…” he whispered.

 

                But the petite boy was already dragging him towards the gates. They entered the cemetery and Kyungsoo walked faster and faster without waiting for him. Jongin ran and tried to keep up the pace. He was scared. Scared of what was waiting for him there.

 

                Suddenly Kyungsoo stopped in front of a grave and stared at it, motionless. Jongin walked to him slowly. He looked at the grave, and read, written in simple white letters:

 

 

                Do Haejoon

                March 14, 1967

                December 2, 2002

 

 

                Do Jaerin, born Kim

                September 22, 1970

                December 2, 2002

 

 

                He turned towards Kyungsoo, who was gazing at the names without really seeing them. “I’m so sorry, Kyungsoo…” he whispered, wrapping an arm around his boyfriend’s petite shoulders. “I’m so sorry…”

 

                Kyungsoo didn’t answer; he had a trembling smile. His eyes, his beautiful eyes, where full of tears and seemed liquid and as shiny as stars. Jongin fondled his shoulders. He kneeled down and Kyungsoo imitated him.

 

                “Hello Mrs Do. Hello Mr Do,” he said softly. Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows in surprise. “My name is Kim Jongin. I’m sorry I didn’t bring flowers – I hadn’t planned to come here. But if I had, I would have brought really pretty flowers, I swear. Next time, I’ll do it. Kyungsoo drove me here today, you know. He’s really energetic! And he’s a really strong boy too. You can be proud of him. I can’t even say how proud and lucky I am to have him as my boyfriend. But I’m sure you know it. Your son is really wonderful, Mr and Mrs Do.”

 

                Kyungsoo stared at Jongin as the young boy smiled at the grave, very serious and sweet. He couldn’t believe it. Jongin looked so honest and happy as he talked about him… Kyungsoo had thought he would freak out, but – no, Jongin was actually talking to his parents and congratulating them.

 

                “You know, he still takes singing lessons,” Jongin went on, nodding. He laughed out loud. “He has such a wonderful voice! Much better than his teacher. I’m sure he will become famous one day.”

 

                Kyungsoo usually didn’t cry in front of his parents’ grave, but right now he was feeling weird and there was a horrible lump in his throat. His eyes hurt, and he didn’t see much more than Jongin’s blurred silhouette crouched in front of the grave and making gestures with his hands as he was speaking.

 

                “Don’t worry, I’ll take care of Kyungsoo. You know, I really love him. I’ll try to be up to it – and up to him,” Jongin said. “Thank you, Mr and Mrs Do.”

 

                Suddenly Kyungsoo felt something hot on his cheeks. Jongin turned around and saw his boyfriend’s face wet with tears. He opened his arms and hugged him very tight. “Here, here,” he whispered. “Cry, it will do you good.”

 

                And Kyungsoo cried. Maybe for the first time of his life, he really cried. Jongin comforted him during all the time he sobbed quietly, until his eyes couldn’t create tears anymore. After he had calmed down a little, enough to stammer words that were intelligible albeit distorted by his cries, he breathed in.

 

                “Mum, Dad… This – this wonderful boy is J – Jongin, my boyfriend…” he said very low. “You – you know, I talked a lot about him to you. (Jongin felt a wave of pride seize him.) I’m sure you heard it, he – he is really amazing. I love him, I really love him. (His eyes watered again but he managed to stop crying for a few seconds.) I’m really lucky to have him too.”

 

                For a long time, they stayed in front of the grave, as the sky started to darken. Jongin kept holding Kyungsoo, whispering him soothing words until he dried his tears. The small boy gently squeezed his hand to tell him they could leave now. They got up and, still snuggled against each other, they slowly walked to the gate of the cemetery. Jongin let the petite boy sit in the passenger’s seat and he took the wheel.

 

                They didn’t talk during the drive, but the silence was pleasant. Jongin had understood why Kyungsoo hadn’t be willing to talk about his parents. He was a proud boy, secretive, and absolutely didn’t want people to pity him.

 

‘Poor boy, his parents died in a car accident when he wasn’t even ten years old…’

 

                ‘Why is he so sad sometimes? Oh, yes, that’s because he has no parents…’

 

                He hated all this phrases. He hated how sometimes people thought he was an unhappy child just because his parents were dead. He hated how they thought he wanted to be told kind things, he hated how people’s ‘I’m truly sorry’ sometimes sounded disgustingly sweet and fake. He hated how his parents were dead and he hated it when people knew it.

 

                So he didn’t tell anyone.

 

                Except Jongin, that day. And that made the young boy immensely proud.

 

                Kyungsoo knew why he had cried. He had cried because of all the sadness he had kept inside him for such a long time, but also because of all the happiness and the love that Jongin was bringing him. And he was so, so grateful for that.

 

                When they reached home, Jongin parked the car smoothly, and he got out to open Kyungsoo’s door. He smiled at him. “Are you up for drinking hot chocolate? I can make some,” he said. Kyungsoo nodded silently, and they went inside hand-in-hand.

 

                “Thanks,” Kyungsoo whispered, grabbing the hot cup of chocolate.

 

                “I thought about bringing white honeysuckle, next time we go there. I love it, it would be pretty, wouldn’t it?” Jongin said softly. Kyungsoo had a little smile and he nodded his agreement.

 

                “Okay,” he answered. And for once, just for once, he was okay with being told kind things, he was okay with being hugged, he was okay with being treated like he was the most delicate thing in the world.

 

                He was okay with being loved.

 

 

 


 

 

 

A/N: Wow, I hope it's not too crappy. I feel like it's not very well-written.

Well, anyway, I hope you liked it!

Please do comment and subscribe, I need feedback and love from you ;u;

 

PS: Next time, horror Kaisoo?