Missing Pieces

Captured by a Gumiho!

"No! No! No! What the hell are you doing?!", Daehyun scrambled to Soyung who seemed to be overly excited witht he praise she was recieving. Every single person in the room watched in awe as they threw a couple and coins into her bag. Daehyun bowed and apologized for the commotion to every single one of the customers and staffed and shooed them away from Soyung. 

"Daehyunnie, why are you shooeing them away?", she pouted and crossed her arms. Her eyes twinkled innocently as she puffed her cheeks, blowing the bangs off her eyes cutely. Daehyun awkwardly, clearing his throat so he wouldn't be overwhelmed from the cuteness she had and sadly she didn't do enough aegyo to cause a nose bleed. Daehyun gently tugged her away from the entrance, keeping them from blocking anybody that was coming in. He tried to smile gently trying not to ruin her cheerful attitude. 

"Soyung. Please don't behave like this", he raked his slender fingers across his dark brown hair, "I have so many things going on, so can you stay right next to me at all times, hmm?"

Her eyes lightened up as she automatically held him by the hand. Her small soft hands hovering over his. She smiled and nodded obeyingly. Her bangs bounced back on her forehead, giving him a reassured smile. The small cute gestured she did made Daehyun skip a beat, making him gently grip on Soyung's hand tigheter. He couldn't help but smile at Soyung who seemed to be so naive about life. So..much for the life in the temple..he thought and walked over to the cart full of meat. There were all kinds of meat, like fish, beef, pork, chicken. Even an extra packs of gummies that looked like beef. People were literally staring at them with the meat that piled up in the cart. Daehyun even had troubles pushing the cart to the cashier who even seem to be more shocked than he was. 

"Sir, that is..", the cashier studdered, packing the meat into plastics and neatly setting it on one side.

Daehyun just swiped his card and pressed the buttons, "Thank you."

The cashier continued to follow his eyes at the two of them, walking their way out of the groceries. Soyung was hugging Daehyun's arm while he tried to push the cart out. He grunted his way to the car he ordered his butler to bring over. Soyung watched in awe as he opened the trunk and placed the bags in neatly. There were only about 3 bags of vegetables, one bag of junk foods, and the rest were her foods. 

"Daehyunnie. What is this thing? Don't you use carriages anymore? Does this thing fly? Does it?!", a bunch of questions flew from . Daehyun covered his ears as he plugged a gummy into to distract her. He wasn't able to speak since she kept interrupting him everytime he opened his mouth.

"Have you ever went out of that temple before?", Daehyun suddenly asked her, reaching over her to fasten her seat belt. He started the luxurious car and waited for her answer. She didn't speak out words yet which gave Daehyun some ideas and imagination into his little gullible brain that only thought about food, "Were you abused by those grandpas?" 

She looked back Daehyun. Not much seemed to change but the look in her eyes. It changed from a bubbly carefree girl, into a more serious one. She opened the packs of gummies and stuffed it into ignoring his question, "What matters is that I'm here, with you."

What? He didn't understand what she was trying to say, and it took even longer to process everything out of his head. Daehyun swallowed hard as he rubbed the back of his neck, starting to drive his way into his apartment. You would wonder why a rich boy like him would live in a small apartment room instead of his big house him and his grandfather owned. But since they both had complication, it was better to live out and avoid him from killing his own grandfather. And besides. He brought some random girl home. He can't just bring her into his territory and get eaten by his grandfather's harsh words. 

Also not to mention, they would have thought dirty and accuse him of harrassing a girl. Daehyun opened the door to his room and set the bags on the ground, opening all lights and windows. Soyung seemed extrnemely awestruck as she jumped on the couch, sniffing and scratching the texture of the couch. As Daehyun was busy stacking and stuffing in the packs of meat in the freezer, Soyung started to casually talk to him like nothing happend.

"Daehyun", she innocently called him as she played with her hair. Daehyun looked back at her with tired eyes.

"Hmm."

"Do you still remember me?" 

Daehyun looked up again, but this time with a puzzled look. It's been one day, and everything felt fast and confusing. Hours ago he was being followed by her. Then he got beat up and choked by her. Leaving a huge mark on his neck, and now she's asking him if he remembered her. Daehyun wasn't sure what she meant by 'do you remember me' kind of deal. He shook his head and leaned on the wall.

Soyung let out a soft sigh, frowing at his response. She played with her fingers as she walked over to Daehyun, peeking over his neck.

"W-what are you doing?", Daehyun started to panic as he held his breath and closed his eyes shut. He felt her fingers trail down to his neck, lightly brushing against it. 

"You still have that necklace?", Soyung suddenly smiled, holding the charm tightly.

"What are you talking about?! You talk like some girl from the Joseon period or something!"

There was silence engulfing the room for a minute. Only hearing the clocks tic toc, in a rhythm.

"Maybe this isn't the Joseon period...", she muttered under her breath as she walked away from him Daehyung awkwardly. She looked out at the sky, searching for the moon desperately. Daehyun continued to watch her do her thing and thought she was really ridiculous. 

"Soyung, I think you're really lost..", he trailed off as he walked over to his room to get change. Nothing bothered him this much ever since he got into a huge argument with his grandfather. So far he hasn't done his paper works about the politics and the country's status. Not to mention the artifact that they found in the temple. He needed to write some things about it to publish it to the company. Youngjae was determine that this article will come through, but Daehyun doubt that it will since it was just a picture about a sad nine tails spirit. His phone suddenly rang, shatteriing his deep thoughts.

"Hello?", he answered half heartedly

"Yah, Daehyun are you there?", Youngjae asked in a whispered tone. There was a bunch of commotion where Youngjae was and Daehyun didn't get to understand why he was whispering. 

"What is it Youngjae?", he groaned as he started scribbling some random things along the paper. 

"The gumiho picture. Oh my god Daehyun if you would see this!"

"What is it?!"

"IT's ing gone!"

"What do you mean it's gone?", Daehyun yelled over the phone, standing up from his chair. He bagan talking to Youngjea while walking around in his room, running his hand through his hair. He pulled out his glasses and waited for his repsonse.

"The fox in the picture it's not there. Plus there's something written on the picture. I couldn't read it but the ahjusshi said that the fox wrote it herself."

"You're not making any sense you know." 

"The Gumiho has escaped!"

Daehyun rolled his eyes as he sat on his bed, looking out at the dark sky, "What do you mean the gumiho has escaped!? They said her lover died, so why is she out and you believe this ?" 

"Ima send you the ing photo then!"

There was a long pause and finally, he recieved the message. There it was the, the empty old paper still hanging on the wall of he temple. He saw crowds of people flashing their cameras. Writing about it frantically and sending it to the newspaper company. IT startled him that the picture was gone. And all the things that were happening seemed to be connecting with him right now. Soyung!

Daehyun ran out of his room, only seeing the moon light shining over at Soyung. His eyes enlarged seeing exactly nine white tails behind her, "Hello Jung Daehyun."

 

---------------

Author's note:

Yay! I've finally wrriten the 4 th chapter of this story! Haha It's been a month and 3 days since I uploaded and I bet you're mad at me for being a lazy author. I've even made a picture to give you guys and idea of how the Gumiho painting looks like:

Yes I know my editting skills , but I tried. Haha..