That Girl

Captured by a Gumiho!

As Daehyun was about to fall asleep, a strong gust of wind passed by; pushing Daehyun towards a tree. The ground shook, trees swayed from side to side. Daehyun couldn't see much but not much less the shape. Half awake, he drowsly stood up, trying his hardest to  walk to the shelter. *What the hell? An earthquake? Why at all times like this something bad happens?!* Wind pushed him harder, causing him to tumble down the hill. Severly hitting his head unconsciouslly. He could still hear the growls echoeing from nearby, Bushes shaking as if some animal was walking through. He could only still see the blurried vision of the white mysteriose animal walking closer and closer until his eyes turned completely shut. Seeing nothing but black. 

------------------------

In a couple of hours, Daehyun's eyes popped open. Seeing nothing but grass, trees, and nature. He shivered a bit as he felt a cool breeze passed by, somewhat a mist taking over the are. His eyes widened noticing he wasn't close by the shelter where his friends where at. But, he noticed and felt something or someone behind him. He abruptly sat up straight and stiff, frantically looking around. 

 

"Oh, MY GOD! Where the hell am I?!", he scratched his head blinking the blurry vision away, he grabbed a handful of grass from the ground and started throwing it like a desperate child, "Don't tell me I sleep walk! No!" 

 

As he tried to stand from the ground, he felt a sharp sensation filling his leg, causing him to collapse back on the ground. He groaned as the pain took over his leg, taking a peek if it was in bad conditions or not. He winced each time he moved, each time he took a look over his head. Daehyun grabbed his phone, dialing YoungJae's number. 

 

........

"Come one answer Youngjae!", he desperately waited for him to answer. 

........"Sorry please leave a message to: Youngjae after the tone..*BEEP*" 

Anger started to boil as he cursed out, throwing the phone to the side. Yet he regreted why he threw the phone that far. "What if the phone rings? Who's going to save me now!!!"

 

"I will!" 

 

Daehyun panickaly looked back, noticing a young girl wearing white with long shining black hair. Her eyes shined brighter than the sun's rays that fell upon them, Hair glimmered brighter than the river, and skin as white as snow. Flawless is what you would want to say. Daehyun squinted still not able to see the young girl. She waited anxiously for his answer, swinging from side to side. She kept on a happy smile as she waited for 30 minutes to get Daehyun back to his senses. "Uh...who are you?" , he awkwardly chuckled, trying to reach for his phone. She looked down at his feet, eyeing at it very closely, giving out a strange atmosphere. Birds flew out of the way as animals scurried back into their homes. She walked over grabbing his legs tightly with both of her hands. Daehyun yelped, looking at the girl insanely. "W-what are you doing?" he yelled, with screams of pain. He held it in as he bit the bottom of his lip, watching the girl do something to his leg. She stayed silent, watching his leg heal. He noticed glowing things flying and landing on his leg. *Are these fireflies? No wait why are they blue? Am I hallucinating?* 

Soon the pain eased, looking at the girl with doubtful eyes. "Who are you?", he desperately asked her over and over again. She walked close to him leaning towards his face. His heart raced, swallowing. A mist covered them once again, blinding Daehyun. As the mist lowered down he noticed nothing but trees and nature again. He still felt a sharp pain from his leg, but not enough to kill him or make him collapse. His leg wasn't swallon and he was still capable of walking again. Which was interesting how a girl like her was able to heal him by just squeezing his leg. * Wait the girl..* those thoughts suddenly in his head. Daehyun frantically moved around looking from every direction. Only making him confuse and unsure about seeing the girl. Daehyun scratched the back of his head with frustration, letting out a troubled sigh. 

 

"If you can hear me!", he suddenly yelled, "Thank you very much for helping me today!" 

 

She watched nearby, as she hid through the tree's leaves, eyeing his every movement. She tilted her head to side, her lips. "He's still alive?" As she watched him walk away, she noticed his phone on the ground. Still on, she could hear it vibrating through the ground even miles away. Kindly startling her, startling enough to make her jump off the tree. She looked over at the phone, afraid to lay her finger on the non stop vibrating phone. She bit her lip and played around with it for a while accidently pressing answer. 

 

"YAH DAEHYUN-AH Where are you! Goddamn you! Scaring the crap out of me!", Youngjae suddenly roared through the phone. She listened anxiously through the phone. "Daehyun-ah?" 

 

"D-Daehyun?", she hesitated realizing that Youngjae hung up on her. 

*Daehyun.....Jung Daehyun....He's still alive." 

 

----------------

 

As Daehyun ran up the hill like a mad man, he passed by the old man that was giving them a tour the other day. The old man that told them about the Gumiho stuck and forever trapped in the painted picture. "YoungJaeee!", he shrieked his name. 

Youngjae and the others look back with relief as they walked over to Daehyun. "Bro what happened?" 

Daehyun tried to catch his breath before he was able to talk to them. They all eyed him, waiting patientlly for an answer. He reasonable one. Still Daehyun knew they weren't going to believe them even if he described what happened. Youngjae tapped his foot unpatiently, slapping Daehyun behind the neck. "Who was that girl that answered your phone huh?" 

Daehyun let out a puzzled look, frantically looking for his phone through his pockets. He slapped himself on the forehead, shyly ducking his head down. Himchan let out a laugh, rubbing Youngjae's hair. 

 

"Ohoho! Seem's like Youngjae has feelings for Daehyunnie? Jealous? Don't tell me you have a thing for guys?", he teased. 

 

Youngjae's eyes twitched, his lips twisted into a crooked smile, "DO YOU WANT TO DIE HUH?!", he suddenly burst by grabbing him on the shoulders. 

Himchan nervously chuckled as he lightly put Youngjae aside. His glares were really initmidating, especially when he said that he was going to kill you. Youngjae doesn't get mad easily but, once you do, it's like World War III is going to start again. 

 

Yongguk shook his head and guided Daehyun into the shelter, looking at his traumatized expression. He was as stiff as a log alright but, you could actually tell that he was shocked from the sudden appearance of the girl who didn't talk at all. Seeing Daehyun so vulnarable made him wonder, what made him so 'shocked'? Daehyun stared blankly at one corner, tilting his head to the side a little. He crossed his arms, and suddenly sat up in a thinking postion. Yongguk could hear his mumbles, as he moved closer to hear. 

 

"What do you mean, 'Who was that girl and what did she do to my leg?' thing that you were saying?", Yongguk suddenly questioned him, emphathizing the sentence he said. He was curious alright. Especially when it's about a girl. Daehyun looked at him with a puzzled expression, the corner of his lip with distress. Of course he wouldn't want to tell Yongguk his strange expireince. You don't just break your leg and find a random girl squeezing your leg, then fog comes out of nowhere. To come to think of it, the girl didn't squeeze his leg at all but, after that his leg was back to normal. Those thoughts made him confuse, stressing himself more than he was suppose to. *Impossible! What if I was a hallucinating? If I tell Hyung, he's going to think I'm crazy.* 

 

Yongguk waited patiently at Daehyun, raising his brow a bit. He wanted to hear why he left so early from the cabin and came back in the afternoon, yelling for help."Weeeelll?", he stressed out the word, to make Daehyun notice that he was still there waiting. 

 

"Ahaha...Well, I left early to go sight seeing, and then I saw a bear...wait no a girl...wait was it a bear? Ahahaha Stupid Daehyun..", a bunch of awkward laughs flew out of his mouth. Making an even more of a fool of himself. Yongguk rolled his eyes, but still chuckled in ease and lightly patted his back. He sighed in relief, peeking out of the window to spy on his hyungs. He could hear their muffed voices, argueing at each other. Youngjae seemed more affected from what happen rather than himself. 

 

 

***

 

"Hyung please stop! Why don't we bring Dae-Hyung home?", Junhong suggested, tugging on Yongguk's arm that was in the air about to punch a couple of people. Jongup pulled Himchan's hair so he wouldn't do the same either. Jongup still had a smile on his face despite finding out there was no indoor washroom. He remembered the old man telling him that he needed to take a dump in the bushes since they had no bathrroom. Well it's a temple!? Temple's don't have bathrooms. The "Shelter" they so called was actually just a storage room, full of old artifacts.

 

Yongguk growled, flicking JunHong's hand aside. "You got lucky this time! Go pack Daehyun's bag, he's going home."

 

Youngjae shook his head and disaggreed, "Then how are we suppose to-" before that he could even finish his 'reasonable' words, Yongguk cut him off, finishing the sentence. 

 

"We. Will. Do. It. Our. Selves. You get it now?"

 

Of course they couldn't argue back to the leader of the group. The fact that he was saying it calmly was even worse and creepier than him lifting his fist up in the air, trying to hit somebody. Youngjae walked over to Himchan and slapped him two times on the head. 

 

"You stupid...aish never mind. Get your camera we have to study these things." 

 

***

 

"Pack your bags, you have to go home before your grandfather kills us.", Youngjae threw his bags at him. Daehyun glared looked in his bag realizing there was Youngjae's underwear in there. He smiled evily at Youngjae making him even more puzzled than he was suppose to be. 

"I'll also help find artifacts." he suddenly responded slowly lifting his underwear in the air, "Ima take a picture of this and say it was an underwear that was from the Joseon Period." 

 

Youngjae held in his laughter and kept a straight face, "Does my underwear look that old? Give it-", Daehyun playfully threw his underwear in the air, accidently throwing it out the window behind him. There was an old man, trying to walk through, enjoying the morning senery, but, instead of doing soo...Youngjae's underwear landed on the poor man's face, startling him. 

 

Daehyun couldn't help but laugh, but, of course he needed to retrieve the "missing artifact" from the man before Youngjae would explode and kill Daehyun. The old man yelled for help, unanble to understand what's on his face. "THE GUMIHO'S SPELL IS ON ME! SHE TURNED ME BLIND!" Daehyun tried his hardest not to laugh at the handicap man. He pulled his friend's underwear off his face, waving at him friendly. "Hello there!"

 

The olf man looked at him with astonishment. "You're the Gumiho tamer! You are!" he jumped in the air, grabbing Daehyun's hand. He shook them until, it shook Daehyun entirely. Daehyun's happy smile soon turned into a unsure expression. *Gumiho?* He wanted to know more about this gumiho before he even went back home. 

 

"Ahjusshi..what do you mean by gumiho?" 

 

***

 

"Son look at this!", the old man pointed at the painting of the gumiho, he pointed at the empty part of the picture that made Daehyun confuse. 

 

"Ahjusshi there's nothing.", he looked closer at it. Thinking deeply what have disappeared. The ahjusshi pulled out Daehyun's camera from his bag and put on the picture they took yesterday. He zoomed into the spot where it seemes like nothing but actually, there was something there. He remembered it all where he tried to read the writng on the gumiho picture. True it wasn't there but, what was so important about it? 

 

"That writing that used to be there was a seal! If that was gone...that mean she's outside..You must tame her until I can remember what the seal was.", he desperately grabbed Daehyun on the collar. Creeping Daehyun out more. He talked like this nut head, but, somehow what he was saying was connecting to what happened last night. The sudden wind that was strong enough to push a human, and world shaking as if there was actually an earthquake, and a random girl healing him by just touching his leg. *Don't tell me that girl was the gumiho...* These thoughts were getting reasonable but, the both of them may be hallucinating and overly too fascinated from the history. 

 

"O-okay..", he hesitately agreed as he awkwardly walked away, grabbing a few of his things..."Creepy..." 

 

***

 

"Okay I'm going now!", Daehyun greeted them goodbye as he was about to walk in the train. He felt relieved that he was going back to Seoul and not have to worry about Gumiho's and other fantasies. He's rather worry about doing paper work with his grandfather. 

 

As he watched them drive back to the temple to study more things to give to the museum, he felt a light tap that brought him back to reality. He looked back with a friendly expression, with closed eyes. "Yes?" There was no answer, so he opened his eyes, seeing a girl with long black hair and white skin. 

 

"A-ah...it's you that healed me right? Thank you?", he tried not to think about the gumiho thing. He watched her serious expression turn into a bright smile, as she suddenly clingled on his arm. 

 

"Daehyun-ah! I've been waiting for you!"