You're Already My Future - YoungJae

KPop Oneshots: On The Random II {Requests Closed!}

Requested By: -SaYeong-!

 


 

 

Youngjae had just exited his bedroom, already having taken a shower after his workout. His father and his best friend/business partner, Mr. Cha, were talking in the office nearby. Youngjae heard his name and stopped in his tracks. Slowly, he approached the door of his father’s office, listening to the conversation. “I think it would be an excellent idea for my son and your daughter to get married,” Mr. Yoo began. “It would bring a lot of power to our company. And they’d automatically take over once we’re long gone,” Mr. Cha replied. Youngjae couldn’t believe what he was hearing. His father was forcing him to marry a girl he didn’t even know. “I have to stop this. If only I can convince father that I’ve fallen for someone else.” Youngjae thought to himself. He walked away from the office door, deep in thought. That evening at dinner, Mr. Yoo brought up the subject. “Youngjae, from this day forward, you are no longer on the market.” He began. Youngjae looked at his father, pretending to be confused.

“What do you mean?” Youngjae stared at his father in disbelief. “You are engaged to Mr. Cha’s daughter. The two of you will marry, and when Mr. Cha and I pass on, the two of you will run the company together.” Mr. Yoo explained. “Father, why can’t I choose who I want to marry? This isn’t right,” Youngjae protested. “You will take over this company Youngjae, and this marriage will benefit that.” Mr. Yoo spoke bluntly. Youngjae knew not to continue arguing with his father, because it could only make matters worse. Youngjae crawled into bed that night, hoping that somehow, he could fix this arranged marriage…

The next day at school, Youngjae had arrived a little earlier than usual. He just had to get out of the house, and away from his father. The news he received yesterday still bothered him to no end. His friends weren’t at school yet, but he didn’t care. He walked into his first class of the day, seeing a beautiful girl all alone, reading. Youngjae couldn’t believe that he hadn’t noticed her before. Hopefully there wasn’t another man that she was attached to, because Youngjae knew she was the one. Cautiously, he approached her. “Good morning,” Youngjae spoke. The girl looked up. “Good morning,” She bowed slightly in her seat. “How come you’re all alone?” asked Youngjae. “Well, I like to read when I come here. It helps me to get ready for today’s work,” the girl answered. “I’m Yoo Youngjae by the way. What’s your name?” Youngjae smiled. “It’s Cha SaYeon.” SaYeon bowed again. “Nice to meet you,” Youngjae smiled. “Same here,” SaYeon replied softly.

That afternoon, YoungJae came home with the biggest smile on his face. The entire day he got to know SaYeon, and he loved everything he learned so far. He knocked on his father’s office, rehearsing once more what he had planned to do. “Come in,” Mr. Yoo called out. YoungJae entered the office, nervousness consuming him bit by bit. “Father, can I talk to you for a moment?” YoungJae asked. “Have a seat,” Mr. Yoo gestured, setting down the paperwork he had in his hands. “I wanted to talk to you about the arranged marriage,” YoungJae began. “Oh, so you’re agreeing to it?” Mr. Yoo beamed. “I will get married as you ask father, but I’ve found someone…and I’ve fallen for her-“ “No,” Mr. Yoo cut off his son bluntly. “But father,” YoungJae began to protest.  “You will take Mr. Cha’s daughter’s hand in marriage. That is final,” Mr. Yoo concluded. YoungJae sighed, obviously furious with his father and stormed out of the office. “I will make him see that I’m in love with SaYeon, one way or another,” YoungJae spoke to himself, entering his room.

The next day at school, YoungJae saw SaYeon in the library, quietly reading. He approached her cautiously once again, and took a seat at the table. SaYeon looked up from her book and gave a shy smile. “SaYeon-ah,” YoungJae whispered, “Can I talk to you?” YoungJae asked. SaYeon looked up from her book again and quickly nodded. She grabbed her backpack and followed YoungJae outside the library. “What is it?” She asked, closing the door. “I was wondering, maybe you’d like to go out on a date sometime?” Youngjae asked, biting his lip nervously. SaYeon hesitated for a moment, wanting to say one thing, but realized something else. “I would love to YoungJae, but I can’t,” SaYeon replied, looking down at the ground. “Why not? You don’t like me?” YoungJae wondered. “No, I like you, it’s just that, I learned from my father the other day that I’m engaged.” SaYeon said. “She’s just like me,” YoungJae thought to himself.

“Well, if it makes you feel any better, I’m engaged too, but I don’t want to marry the person my father picked for me. I believe in choosing my wife for myself.” YoungJae told her. “I believe the same, but I don’t want to disobey my father’s wishes.” SaYeon admitted. “Come on, haven’t you disobeyed your father’s wishes before?” YoungJae asked. SaYeon simply shook her head. “I’ve never disobeyed my father. Not once.” She replied. YoungJae’s mouth dropped. “I’m really sorry Youngjae. If it wasn’t for this arranged marriage, I would go out with you, but I can’t. I’m sorry,” SaYeon said with a heavy heart, walking away. YoungJae wanted to stop her, but he figured it was no use. For the first time in a long time, YoungJae had to obey his father’s wishes, even if it was something he didn’t want to do. He watched as SaYeon walked with her friends, a sharp pain going through his chest.

YoungJae had become slightly bitter for a few days towards his father, but he realized he needed to it up and move on. Who knows, maybe his future wife wouldn’t be so bad. It was Saturday, and YoungJae was showering for dinner. Tonight was the night that he would meet his fiancée. He wanted to look his best, so he shaved, neatly combed his hair and went to his closet. He pulled out black slacks and a light blue button down shirt with a pair of black dress shoes. Getting dressed, he looked in the full length mirror to make sure he looked right. He quickly put on his belt and watch, socks and dress shoes, sprayed a bit of cologne and gave himself one last look. He nodded, heading downstairs. Mr. Yoo was already downstairs, setting up the table. “Well, you look handsome my son. Thank you for finally being so understanding,” Mr. Yoo spoke. “Of course father,” YoungJae replied, helping his father. Soon, the doorbell rang. YoungJae was still placing food on the table, so Mr. Yoo answered the door. He greeted Mr. Cha and his daughter, and led them inside.

“YoungJae, you already know Mr. Cha. This is his daughter, SaYeon, your fiancée.” Mr. Yoo introduced. YoungJae couldn’t believe it. The girl that stole his heart at school was already his future wife. And he didn’t even know it, let alone think about it. All YoungJae could do was blink. SaYeon couldn’t believe it either. Both Mr. Yoo and Mr. Cha turned to each other, not knowing what was going on. “Well, let’s have a seat, shall we?” Mr. Yoo gestured. So the four of them gathered around the table and ate dinner. ~ Later, YoungJae and SaYeon quietly went up to YoungJae’s room. They stood on the balcony, still in shock. “I can’t believe it…it’s like, my wishes were already answered before I even knew about it.” YoungJae spoke. “For some reason, I was hoping it was you. My father kept speaking of Mr. Yoo, and I started to think of you,” SaYeon admitted. YoungJae smiled. “The first day I saw you, I knew you were the one. I was right. I’m going to have to learn to stop disobeying my father’s wishes from now on,” YoungJae laughed. SaYeon laughed as well, agreeing. “I can’t wait to marry you, Yoo YoungJae,” SaYeon said, taking his hand in hers. “And I can’t wait to marry you, Cha SaYeon,” YoungJae smiled, leaning in and giving SaYeon a kiss.