Try

Friday Night - Jonghyun

Days passed as you broke it off with Jonghyun. You saw the rest of the members occasionally, but since they went on a small tour you haven’t been able to see them like you wanted to.

Walking into your college classroom, some popular girls surrounded you, you got a little scared since you were not part of their group ever nor did you want to be.

"He sung this song for you" The sung as they held the classroom’s remote in their hand, turning it on for you.

Jonghyun, in the middle of the stage, all alone, the long intro started to play.

"I would like to dedicate this song to _____ ______. I know things have gotten rough but I just want you to know that I still love you and that I will be waiting for you" He started to sing as your eyes focused on his to see if there was any truth.

Oceans apart, day after day
And I slowly go insane
I hear your voice on the line
But it doesn’t stop the pain

If I see you next to never
But how can we say forever

Wherever you go, whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
Whatever it takes or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you

I took for granted, all the times
That I thought would last somehow
I hear the laughter, I taste the tears
But I can’t get near you now

Oh, can’t you see it, baby
You’ve got me goin’ crazy

Wherever you go, whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
Whatever it takes or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you

I wonder how we can survive
This romance
But in the end if I’m with you
I’ll take the chance

Oh, can’t you see it, baby
You’ve got me goin’ crazy

Wherever you go, whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
Whatever it takes or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you

Waiting for you

You tore your eyes away from the screen as you didn’t even smile. Just seeing him again brought back all of the hateful comments that he said that night, a little while ago.

"So are you going to go back to him?" One girl asked hovering over you

"No, I’m not. It was just an act all an act" You mumbled as you walked out of the room and went to the little cafe on the campus.

You sat in a little booth by yourself as a man came in and walked to the counter with flowers in his hand. The man behind the counter pointed over to you, the man with the flowers approached you.

"These are from Jonghyun, I hope you have a nice day" He placed the flowers on the table in front of you as your eyes stared straight ahead. Leaving the table soon after you didn’t take the flowers. No matter how hard you tried you couldn’t see past his comments.

Walking home that day gave you some much needed time to think. Thoughts clouded your mind as clouds started to rumble above you. Drops fell onto your nose as you felt the drops get bigger and heavier. Slowing your pace you felt yourself weighing down, as your energy dwindled. You walked to a bus stop bench where there was a little protection from the rain. Pulling out your phone you looked through your contacts for Taemin, Onew, Minho, and Key. Calling each of their phones only one picked up.

"Yoboseo?"

You breathed a sigh of relief when Minho picked up, “Can I come to your place, it is raining really hard and I can’t walk home"

"Yeah sure, where are you and I will come and pick you up too" Minho knew right where you were as he brought Onew along as well. You sat under the shelter as their black car pulled up in front. Minho ran out of the car and opened an umbrella and ran to you, without thinking about it you threw yourself to him and wrapped him in a soaked hug. He smiled feeling how you were shaking and took you to the car. Helping you in Onew wrapped a dry blanket around you as they turned up the heat in the car hoping that you wouldn’t get sick.

With few words to say to them the car ride was silent as you reached their dorm. Thanking them for the ride they escorted you inside. Jonghyun was on the couch as you walked past and into the shower. They had fresh clothes in there for you, thanking them once again you put your soaking wet clothes in the shower as you rinsed your body with the warm water. Slipping into the dry clothes you wrapped your hair in a towel that you balanced on your head. Walking out of the bathroom, they had a nice cup of warm hot chocolate there for you.

"I think you better stay here tonight ____ the storm is only going to get worse" Key said as he joined you at the table.

"I think it would be better for everyone if I just left. I don’t want to fight with Jonghyun and I don’t want to trouble you guys" Your fingers traced over the mug as the heat steamed from the cup. The marshmallows moved around and melted with every minute that they stayed in there.

"Don’t be silly, stay here, we can give up our room so that you can have your privacy." Key mentioned as Onew came out and wrapped his arms around your neck.

"Everything is ready for you to spend the night, I even got more blankets since you were soaking" Onew smiled as his head rested next to yours.

"Thank you, I guess I can stay for one night if you guys don’t mind" You smiled as the rest of the members surrounded you. You yawned covering it up with your hand.

"Ah _____ is sleepy, we better go get you to bed" Key said as Onew took your cup and washed it out for you. As soon as you knew it you were being tucked in by the members as they sung you a little lullaby.With sleep overtaking you, you fell asleep quicker than you expected, not even hearing the end of their song you got swept away.

The lightning crashed into the small dorm as The other members piled into the other room. Jonghyun was still asleep on the couch with no knowledge of you here. A loud crash of thunder that shook the dorm and a flash of lightning that made the room light up like mid day, Jonghyun woke up panting, he was covered in sweat as he stripped himself of the t shirt that he was wearing. He walked into his room, taking off his pants leaving him in his boxers as he went under the covers of his bed. The body across the room caught his attention as you rolled over and the lightning lit up the room again to catch your curves. He sat up in his bed as he tried to figure out who the person was. Turning on the dim lamp next to him. He saw your face, your angelic face for which he longed for, He laid on his side as he admired you, your peaceful face as you laid on your hands. He wondered what you dreamed about or if he was ever going to see you again.

Pulling out a pen and paper he wrote down some last words that he thought you needed to know. Looking at you for inspiration, he finished his letter to you and put it on the table next to you as he left.

Waking up the next morning to the sweet smell of fresh rain and the birds was your favorite. Your eyes caught the note that hung off of the table beside your bed. Grabbing for the note you fumbled with your glasses as you slid them onto the bridge of your nose, as you opened the handwritten note

Dear _______

I am really sorry that it had to end like this, please know that I tried to keep you, I tried to show you the best of me, but I best wasn’t good enough. To me you are a voice that I want to  wake me up in the morning, a morning kiss that I want to start the day, I’ll lean on your knees at night as I listen to a lullaby. I want to dream of you. You make my heart race again, you make me able to create sweet songs again. I want to be there in your highlights and your lowlights but I know I have been a jerk. I know if you can’t come back to me, just know that I loved you and that I will cherish all of our fond and beautiful memories together. You are the most beautiful girl to me, I am afraid that I will never love cause I will always compare them to you. I guess if I love you I should let you move on.

Love,
Jonghyun