The First Leave

The Leafes

"Be honest to me, Park Bom." Seunghyun asked me as we lay down on the bed, ready to sleep. This may sound crazy but I sleep together with him in his very own house and his parents are actually downstairs. Our legs crossed under the blanket. I stared at him, wondering why he want me to be honest.

 
"Why do you like Jaejoong so much?" He asked again. I slumped my shoulders and stared at the ceiling. How can I answer that?
 
"To be honest.. I don't know. Maybe because he was nice to me." I try to answer. Yes, he's been paying attention to me since I started to work at Cassiopeia. My office is right beside him and he would gradually check my designs and sometimes he would bring coffee for me. In no time, he's already be my crush. We hang out a lot. Well, it was never been a date. Chaerin and Dara always tagged along. Now I know why he was so nice to me, hmph!
 
"Everybody's nice to you. What make him so special?" Seunghyun pestered again. I sighed, this fluffy baby bingu is full of curiosity.
 
"Can we stop talking about him now? I'm so irritated. What do you think I'd feel when I witnessed him confessed to my best friend right in front of my eyes?" He chuckled. "I even asked you to pick up his call for me. Now, after that incident, he's not my priority anymore."
 
"Well, I'm relief. I don't need to worry of you in the middle of the night, wondering if you fly your to his apartment again." He stated. I put the blanket all over my face and groaned, hurt by the memories. Me and Jaejoong are really close and I'm number one on his speed call. Whenever he has doubt about his work or had a bad day, he would call me and we hang out. He sometimes call me at midnight for nonsense things, but if he told me he was sick, I'd immediately went to his apartment. Screw my dignity!
 
"I know right. I'm sorry, Seunghyun. I was just afraid to take a cab in the middle of the night." I said. The funny thing is, I was so rushed to Jaejoong's apartment and I didn't aware of my surroundings. But I'm so afraid to go back home and I had no guts to sleep over his place. So, I always call Seunghyun for help.
 
"I'd rather pick you up at 2 AM than letting you took a cab or sleep over his place. Just the thought of it make me so angry." He said.
 
"Why?" I asked. It takes a moment for us to stare at each other's eyes. I know he did that because he wanted to protect me. He always did.
 
"It's late now, Bom. We should sleep." He suddenly said and drop my phone on the lamp table beside him. "You shall go to work tomorrow, okay? The hell with Jaejoong and your feeling." He said, facing me. I pouted, how can I see him? Who knows my eyes would betray me when I see him.
 
"I really don't want to see him." I whined. Seunghyun then my hair.
 
"Everything's gonna be okay. I'll drop you there tomorrow and call me whenever you want to go home. It's a good thing I have my own company, I can go whenever I want." He grinned. I smiled at him and nodded. I'm so lucky to have a bestfriend like him. "Okay now, close your eyes and sleep!" He drapped his arm around me and we stay like that for a couple of minutes before my phone beeped.
 
"Oh, it's mine." Seunghyun who's already half asleep took my phone and open the text I've received. I also looked at the screen and my eyes widened. It's a text from Jaejoong!
 
From: Jaejoong
I hope you're already asleep and please make sure to go to work tomorrow. I don't know but I feel like you've been avoiding me today. I wonder if I did something wrong? I'm sorry, Bom. Actually, there's something I want to tell you. Please reply me if you read this. You're not sick, are you? Please take care and I'm waiting for your reply early in the morning. Good night.
 
Oh my God, is he actually worried for me? What should I do? Should I call him right now? But it will be weird, I suppose to ignore him. I still wondering what to do when another text come again.
 
From: Jaejoong
Wait, it was Choi Seunghyun who picked up my call. Are you with him? It's late right now, you should go home. Want me to pick you up? I'll drive you home safely.
 
I officially died from a heart attack. How can a person be so romantic like this? Doesn't he cute, asking me like that? Oh my God, Jaejoong.. What should I do to your innocent heart? 
 
"This is lame. this attention seeker. He should stuck to his pathetic love and not disturb someone like this!" Seunghyun snarled at the phone and furiously searching for his name in my contact list. I stared at him.
 
"Is he disturbing me?" I asked, because I swear I don't think so! He's just being sweet, worrying me like that. But maybe my mind was blind once again. Seunghyun is a man after all, he should understand what it means for him texting me like that. I heard him sighed before he looked at me deep in my eyes.
 
"Listen, Park Bom. Whoever text you at 2 AM with unimportant thing to tell means he's trying to disturb you. Except me, of course. Jaejoong just want to make your life miserable. He just want you to keep thinking about him every single second, isn't that annoying?" Really? That's his real intention to text me? 
 
"I don't mind thinking about him all night, tho." I mumbled.
 
"Yah, Park Bom! Watch your mouth! You said he isn't your priority anymore! This jerk doesn't deserve your attention. Now, let me give this jerk a lesson. You, stay quiet." He nagged me and started to call Jaejoong. I pouted and turn my body to the other side so my back is facing him. I can hear him talk to Jaejoong in the phone.
 
"Bom is now asleep in my room, so please don't worry. Do not text her late at night too, the text ringtone could wake her up, she's a light sleeper." I smiled by the call, he obviously lied about me being a light sleeper. There's a moment of silence before Seunghyun speak again.
 
"Yes, she's my girlfriend now. Please understand and do not call or text her  in the middle of the night." He said before he hung up. I widened my eyes at him.
 
"What did you say? Girlfriend? Why did you lie to him?" I asked in surprise.
 
"That way, he won't disturb you. What's the point to act all lovey dovey to you when he actually confessed to your best friend?" Okay, he got the point. I turned my back again and try to swallow my tears. I miss Jaejoong already, isn't it stupid? I miss him but I don't want to see him. Girls' heart is complicated. 
 
"Seunghyun." I called, my back still facing him.
 
"Hm?"
 
"Hug me." It doesn't take long for him to drape his arm around me from the back, putting his chin on my shoulder. It feels so nice and with his breath against my neck, I fall asleep.
 
-
 
My heart beats really fast as I walk inside my office. I need to move fast to avoid Jaejoong. I still have this feeling of guilty to him because Seunghyun had lie to him so many times yesterday. Well, it's not the main problem, tho. The main problem is his love story.
I finally get into my office room safely and throw my body on my chair. It was tiring like hell! Walking fast while using high heels, I should have just wear flat shoes instead of these. My eyes laid on my table and the stack of papers startled me. What the heck! I forgot about the exhibition! I need to do this as soon as possible. I need to choose the right fabric for the clothes but I haven't done the designs yet! My life is doomed, my career should not be crooked!! I was about to manage my work when someone knock my door.
 
"Who is it?" I asked, not giving any attention to the door. My hands are busy managing the papers.
 
"Unnie." I looked up and found one of my best friends, Lee Chaerin, peeking from the door. I smiled.
 
"Oh, Chaerin. What are you doing there? Come in." I said. She shyly come in and smiled at me. Yes, I feel it, Chaerin. I also feel the tense. 
 
"Where were you yesterday, unnie? I've been waiting in front of your house for hours." 
 
"You came? Why didn't you call me? I didn't go home yesterday." She seems nervous, she keeps fidgeting her fingers. Well, I think this is the right time. "Is there something you want to tell me?" I asked. She nodded. I stop my hands and put the papers aside. I'm going to listen carefully.
 
"A day before yesterday.." She trailed. "Jaejoong oppa confessed to me." She continued. My heart stop a beat and I'm sure she saw the frown on my face for a split second. "He told me that he loves me." 
 
"Really?" I managed to respond. 
 
"Unnie, I'm sorry. You know that I already have a boyfriend, right? My boyfriend is now in US and I only love him. Only him and nobody else in this world." She panicked. I smiled at her. I know my best friend the most. They will never cause any harm to me. There will never be a secret between us. See? She told me this kind of thing first. 
 
"I told you this not because I want to break your heart nor show off. I care for you Bom unnie, that's why I want you to forget him." 
 
"Chaerin, you clearly told him that you already have a boyfriend. He is still single, why should I forget him?" 
 
"I told him about my boyfriend and guess what he said? He said he's okay with that and he wants me to use him behind Seungri's back. He's unbelievable!" Chaerin snapped. My jaw dropped in disbelief. He wants to make an affair? What kind of guy to act like that? But then, maybe.. He's just deeply in love with Chaerin. He lost all of his control which led him to a situation like this. My heart skip a beat once again. It hurts.. 
On the corner of my eyes, I could see the good looking astral come again and he slowly walked to us. He is now behind Chaerin. Our eyes met and suddenly I felt a twitch on my wrist. I take a look at it and a leave falls down from the tree.
 
My first leave, fall.