Chapter 03

Player's Loyalty

Sehun’s busy answering all of the given multiplication questions that his teacher, Kim Jaejoong, gave them earlier at school. It’s not that much for Sehun. He did answered and solves some of them when he was at the library together with Jongin. Brows furrowing in concentration, Sehun manages to finish them all before Kyungsoo calls him along with Luhan for dinner. He stretches at his seat and let out a deep sigh, he glanced at his phone that has been dead battery after he listened to his play list.

He stood up, taking his phone and charger with him as he approach the socket and plug it for his phone to charge. He opened it, unlocked just to see a flood of messages coming in. He blinked in amusement as it was all an anonymous number, all the same number. He scrolled down to read the very beginning of the message, chuckling as he did so.

“’Sup, boy. This is Jongin, might as well call me hubby?”

“Heh. You are not replying. Your hubby is waiting.”

“I am taking a quick shower. Stop ignoring my messages and start replying on it. Dammit.”

“Look what we have here, a Jongin with no response of his beloved.”

“Okay, I will be busy now. I have to make the assignment so that your tutoring session earlier won’t be in vain.”

“Tick tack. Tick tack. Hubby is done answering the rest of the questions. What about my beautiful… Sehun?”

Sehun choked at it. Just then another message arrived and made Sehun laughed.

“If you don't reply, I am going to marry you.”

“In the first place, who told you to use my inbox as your diary? Second, my battery is dead that is why I wasn’t able to reply to your diary entries. Third... eew.”

Jongin, lying on the bed on his stomach, chin resting on the pillow while staring at his phone, obviously waiting for Sehun’s reply. He closed his eyes as he got tired of waiting for Sehun’s reply until his favorite message tone rang, signaling someone has sent a message and viola! It’s Sehun.

He saw the message and chuckled to himself. He pressed the reply button and starts typing, “Don’t you want to marry this y beast? Everyone is drooling for a piece of me.” Then he pressed send.

It was a nick of time and Sehun received it. Tsch is all what Sehun said. He hastily replied and said, “Sorry, I don’t want to marry second hand… third hand… or nth-hand guy. Just how many you have kissed? Gross. Whatever, I will eat my dinner now so, talk to you later flirt.”

Sehun sighed. Can’t believe he did it himself, proudly. Jongin saw the message and just grinned at it, he wasn’t that surprised though. He is apparently used to it, being called a jerk, flirt, player and even some people nicknamed him, “one-night Kai.” Because they think he sleeps around his past girlfriends and boyfriends and Kai is what he is telling to people to call him, the reason is? Nothing, he doesn’t like his real name and thought Kai is such a cool name and very mysterious type.

“Ouch.” Jongin replied playfully although Sehun has already arrived in the kitchen as soon as Kyungsoo called him for dinner.

 

 

 

“I made some pork chop and fried chicken. Sorry, fatty foods.” Kyungsoo mumbled and Luhan draped an arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

“It’s alright my friend. If it’s you who cooked it, it doesn’t matter, right?” Luhan turned to Sehun with a bright smile then turned to a flailing face. “Sehun-ah, you should wait for your hyungs before digging.” He quickly sat in front of Sehun, watching him eat hungrily.

Both of the older chuckled at Sehun, eating messily; getting some rice on the corner of his lips and some crumbs. “Eat a lot, Sehun-ah. You should, too, Luhan hyung.” Kyungsoo said with a bright smile, proud that he did cook something delicious once again for his dorm mates.

 

 

Sehun burped, signaling that he is already finished and patted his tummy. “This is the best fatty dinner ever.” He declared and chuckled, giving a wink to his hyungs before getting up, immediately walking back up to his room. Both of older chuckled and shook their head in disbelief.

With a smirk on his face, he read the message from Jongin and laughed it out. “What are you ouch-ing about?” He replied.

Jongin’s playing a cliché game on his phone, getting excited about it and more excited as he felt is phone vibrated in his hand. He stopped the game just to look at the message. He grinned and replied, “Your words. It hurt me so much. :( “

Then, they started talking like how close friends do. Sehun’s chuckling, Jongin chuckling at the other end. Sehun’s chuckles began to grow louder at each time Jongin cracks a joke. Jongin concluded that Sehun’s responses—which are mainly hahahahaha—are the best thing ever this day.

Sehun heard a knock but he ignored it. “I’m coming in, Sehun.” Luhan said as he entered the room, watching Sehun smiling while holding his laughter in.

“Sehun, what are you laughing at?” Luhan said as he approached Sehun, sitting next to him as he peaked at his phone. Sehun ignored him as he was busy replying to Jongin. “Yah Oh Sehun… I am talking to you.”

Luhan got ignored once again. He pouted and punched Sehun’s shoulder gently, just then he was given an attention. “Finally, you looked at me. Who are you exchanging messages with?”

“This person?” Sehun showed him his phone, “Kim Jongin.”

“I thought you hate him, why are you laughing too much with his jokes?”

“I do loathe him.”

“I’m worried, Sehun, you might actually fall for him if your actions are like that.”

Luhan said in a soft tone. Sehun looked at Luhan with a slight smirk, “Hyung, did I told you that I loathe him?” He turned back to his phone and replied to it. “I will never fall for him, never.”

Luhan frowned and fell silent for a while.

“…that’s what most of his exes told to themselves, too, Sehun.”