chapter 17

My LOVER is a K-POP IDOL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“as you can see on the chart that was showed, last month our company’s profit is.. ehem ehem” the man faked a cough when she saw a familiar person that was peacefully sleeping during their meeting which for him is a disrespectful act.

“Ms. Park, are you still with us?” the man said with a sharp tone

All of the people inside the meeting room turn to the girl who is sleeping a while ago but now she was awakened by the noise she heard made by the man discussing the company’s profit. The people started whispering about the girls’ bad attitude. For a daughter of a Park’s family who will soon inherit all of their properties and be  the next CEO of their company , a girl like her should act like a leader, be responsible and keep their family reputation clean which is min hyun currently destroying .

Min hyun was brought by his father today at their company and let her attend the meeting for her to know the company’s situation. To her father, all of this is his passion, happiness and his dream but to min hyun it , boring and good place to sleep. She didn’t want this job in the first place to be her lifetime job. Actually she still didn’t know what course she will take. She just accept this to know the truth.

Min hyun is sitting beside his father who is now currently glaring at her because of what she did. Min hyun must be like his father to earn a good mark to others. To let them accept min hyun as the next CEO. His father lightly step on min hyun’s foot to keep her awake. As soon as the man discussing at the front knew that min hyun has awakened, he start discussing again. But every minute, min hyun’s eyelids are becoming heavy which also means her dad is also stepping on her foot every minute.

The meeting  had ended after 2 hours which to the directors inside the meeting room is common but to min hyun it’s like 1 week had passed. Who can blame her? It’s not her passion anyway.

The people was lessen one by one until two people were left. Minhyun and his Dad.

Minhyun just stare at the paper in front of her pretending that she was busy because she knows that somebody is going to explode of anger.

“MIN HYUN!” his father shouted. And now it begins.

“yes?” I turn to look at him like nothing had happened.

“min hyun.. you disappoint me. I didn’t expect for you to act like this. How will the workers trust you?? You should show them that you deserve to be the next CEO .

“but I know I deserve it”  yes. I am confident about this even though this is not my passion. I know that I am good at decision making. I just don’t like meetings. It’s so boring

“yes I know you deserve it min hyun! But how will the others know that you deserve it if you didn’t show them what you’ve got?”

“relax dad!” I said as I stand up from my seat and face him. “it’s not the end of my career. I’m still warming up. “ I said as I give him a thumbs up.

“ok.. ok.. I’ll let you go for now.. and I know I can trust you” he said as he gave me a small smile. “ even though you disappoint me today” my father said as he look at my eyes sharply. I just act innocent like I didn’t understand what he had said. “I’m going to show you something  that I know you will surely like”

“oh? a surprise?”

“yup!” he said as he get his handkerchief and blindfolded his daughter. I can only see black. Nothing at all.

“oh? what kind of surprise is this? I’m curious”

“you’ll see” he said and lead me to the door and enter a room.

“ at the count of 3 you will remove it.. ok? 1…2….3” I remove it before he announce the number 3 because of excitement.

“ this is now your office”

“oh? really? Oh my gosh!” the room is not big but it is also not small. It is only an average room with some ordinary things you can find in an ordinary office. But to me it is still wonderful because I can now feel like a real worker in this company. I run towards my chair and feel  its softness. I sit on the chair and spun around using it.

“min hyun..” my father voice made me stop from my childishness

“stop acting like a kid.. remember be mature”  from that I just stand up from seat and admire the beauty of my office. The Painting and pictures of bag in a frame that was hung on the wall is just fascinating . but the most interesting part of the office is the big glass window wherein you can see the tall building outside, The trees and the moving cars. It was just so fantastic and it adds light to the room.

“but.. there’s more..”

*another surprise?* I thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter