Trusting in Someone

What life's all about ? .... your dreams

The Next Day...

Min Hee's POV

*ring*ring* ugh no... I don't want to wake up

"wake up sleepy head~~~"  Who is that?

"Common~ Min Hee~ah" Ugh maybe I should get up

"Hmm~ I'm up~," I exclaimed in a very grumpy and croaky voice.

"Yay You're up !!!" Min Ji unnie squealed.

"unnie~~ too loud~" I whined at her.

My eyes were still adjusting to the light but I looked at the clock by my bedside table and it read 6:34am.

"Hurry Up we have practice at 7am, breakfast is almost ready~ I'll let you get ready byee~"

Once Minji unnie left I finally had the energy to get my lazy out of bed. When I finished I left my room and went to eat breakfast with the others, the smell of cinnamon was eliciting a happy grin out of me. I spotted all my unnies gathered and eating their breakfast.

"Good Morning Unnies~~~" I stated once they saw me

"Good Morning" they replied back

“I’m starving, how long do we have before practice?”

“10 minutes so you should probably walk fast” Heeyoung unnie replied.

 

I ate as fast as I could after unnie told me and I barely had enough time before we were out the dorm going to practice.

 

When we entered the vocal training area, it finally dawned on me that today was the day of our vocal test. I suddenly felt nervous and a little anxious.

 

“Okay, everyone stand in a line “ the vocal trainer told us.

“ Today we have our monthly vocal test, so first it will be Heeyoung, then Minji, Youngmi, Eunmi and last Minhee”, he said then left to the vocal room.

“Fighting Unnie~” Minji told Heeyoung, while I was still dazing off.

“Minhee it’s your turn, Fighting~” Eunmi told me and I became stiff

“Thanks”, I walked to the vocal room.

 

“ Hi Minhee”, “Hi”

“So I have a piece for you to sing”

“U-uh okay” Damn stop being nervous

I started singing but I really had no confidence about my voice.

 

 


 

Random Hallway

 

I did it, I finally finished

What should I do now ?

Suddenly I bumped into someone, “ I’m sorry, its my -” , “Oh it’s you again, I’m sorry

for bumping into you again haha”

“No its alright, it’s funny seeing you in the same situation haha” he replied with his beautiful smile.

I smiled back, “Yeah, I should probably go now bye”

“wait”, “what's wrong?”

“I didn't get to ask your name last time”

“oh I guess I forgot, my name is Minhee”

“Nice to meet you Minhee, I’m Jonghyun”, “I should really go bye”

I should go meet with the rest of the group, I’m starving now

 


 

 

Back at the training room

 

“Hey I’m back”

“Hey Minhee, great timing, we were just deciding on what we should go eat”

“Hmm I feel like something spicy”

“How about Kimchi pancakes from the street vendor down the street !” Minji spoke out loud.  “yes” I screamed, I really had favoritism towards kimchi.

“Alright lets go to the street vendor down the street.”

 


 

Back at the Dorms

 

“Wahh I’m so full now”, exclaimed Minji.

“ You would be you ate 3 plates of kimchi pancakes,”  Heeyoung unnie told me.

I puffed up my cheeks and pouted.

“Aww aren’t you adorable,” Eunmi squealed, “No I’m not!”

“there it is again” they all giggled.

“Well I can’t help it” I whispered but they heard me.

“okay let’s go home everyone” Heeyoung hollered.

On our way back home I started to think about that Jonghyun guy I bumped into.

Why am I thinking about him?

 

“Unnie!!!,” “huh? what’s wrong” “I have been trying to get your attention for awhile” “oh mianhe I’m just tired” “its okay, but we’re here lets go”

 

Once we got inside the dorm I immediately headed for my room and dumped myself on the mattress. Today was a tiring day. I finally got after a couple minutes and headed to the kitchen for a late snack.

 

After I got my snack I went towards our huge window and looked out towards the city. It was a beautiful sight, but I started to get dejected thinking about my family back home. I feel like I disappointed them by going against them. My parents are the best and I know they will be proud once I debut. I have to keep going ahead. I always listened to them on everything, I got the best grades I made time for school and friends and didn’t get a boyfriend so I wouldn’t get distracted from my goal but this is my dream they can’t make me leave it. Even if I get abandoned I will do my best in this group.

 

This is my dream, I’m sorry Mom and Dad I hope you forgive me.

 

“Minhee, “   “Oh Unnie hi” I wiped my tears that I didn’t notice were falling down my face.

“why are you crying ? what’s wrong? are you hurt anywhere?” Heeyoung Unnie rambled questions at me, I feel bad for worrying her.
“No, Unnie I’m alright, Let’s go to sleep,” I hope she stops asking further questions.

I could feel she didn’t believe my lie.

She reached her hands out for me and hugged me. I just stood still, didn’t know if I should  hug back, but suddenly I started feeling warm. The hug reminded me of the last time I hugged my parents. I began to start crying, I wanted to stop, but I couldn’t. I hugged her back so tight I thought I was hurting her.

“ It’s okay, keep crying, let it out,” she told me. So I continued crying until I finally calmed down.



 

“Now that you’re calm, tell me what’s wrong? You are keeping it inside you and that will affect you”  I didn’t say anything, “ Once you let it out, you’ll feel better I promise” SHe looked at me with a warm look on her.

I was contemplating how to start my story. I sighed and decide it’s now or never. She has gone through the trouble to reach out to me.

 

“I .. I left home,” silence, “Not like you or the other girls, I left without my parents knowing..”

“I was so happy when I got my acceptance email to the company and I decided to let my parents know. When I told them.. they didn’t take it well.. they told me that I need to study and that dancing wouldn’t take me anywhere..”

“ I couldn’t obey as much as I love my parents .. this is my dream.. so. . I left, leaving a letter and didn’t turn back.” Heeyoung unnie hugged me tighter, I continued

 

“I’m happy here, with you unnie and the other unnie’s, I don’t want to leave, I.. I just miss them.. I wish I had their approval.” I felt so much happier for letting it out, I could breathe better. I’m happy here, I really am.

“Minhee, just know that we will be there for you, doesn’t matter what happens we are your unnie’s and you are a part of the team. We love you and if you ever want to leave, I will talk to the others and tell them okay? don’t feel obligated to stay because of us, your parents love you and I’m sure they are feeling regretful towards you.”

 

I felt so happy, I cried harder than before

 

“I - “ She’s right Minhee *hik*hik*” I looked up and noticed my other Unnies were watching Heeyoung and I. I felt speechless again for the night.  Youngmi unnie was bawling, maybe more than I was, I have never see her in that state before. I felt treasured at that moment. I got lucky to have such amazing unnie’s in the group. Then all my unnie’s came together to give me a hug, we ended up having this blob of a hug with many of them crying including me.
 

“Thank you for all for your support *hik*hik* I- I *hik* don’t know how I would have h-hold my feelings in *hik*hik*,” I ended up wailing afterwards with no sign of stopping.

In the end, Heeyoung unnie had calmed me down, so we all decided to turn in for the night.

 

While in bed, I looked up to the ceiling and was dazing off thinking about the events that went on for the today. I can’t believe they are so understanding about my situation.

I made the right decision, I know I did. I’m sorry mom and dad. I love you all but I don’t regret it. I decided to rest up because from now on with my unnie’s support I need to work harder to debut one day.


Goodnight Mom and Dad...

 


 

A/N: Hi ! I Know that it has been almlst a year since I last updated this story, and honestly I was going to give up on it, but then I decided it would be a waste when I had almost finished chapter 3. I finally got around to finish it and boom I updated. I have no I idea when the next update will be, I won't say a spefic time frame because right now I'm in summer vacation but I am pretty busy, also school will start in a month ( I'm an upcoming senior in high school), which means less time to write. I'm sincerely sorry about my horrible managing skills but I hope you can understand me. I just wanted to let you know I won't give up no matter how long it will take me, I want to finish this story and I will :) so until I update again bye bye ~ thank you for even looking at this mess of a story :/

 

-KCB1U3