I want you to be happy.

Crash

Three days later, you were sitting down by Daehyun's bed, watching him sleep soundly. The only sound in the room being the monitors counting his heartbeat and breathing. You took your hand and touched his cheek gingerly, feeling him snuggle closer into your hand, making you smile.

You heard your phone notify a text message and took it out, revealing that it was already seven in the morning. You felt yourself pause at the name of the sender of the text but opened it for the sake of it.

Hey, I just wanted to see if everything was okay.

Just call me if you ever need me.

I hope that he gets better, I really do.

I hope you two the best.

-Yongguk

You felt your heart throb in guilt but nonetheless texted him back a small thank you. You felt sorry for what you did, you really did, after everything he has done for you, you pretty much threw him away.

But you didn't regret it. After all, you knew what your heart wanted, and it was Daehyun.

You closed your eyes, remembering your conversation with him in the car.

--

"What happened?" Yongguk's voice was a bit stiff, yet fragile at the same time.

"Yongguk-ssi... Daehyun has cancer." The moment you said the three words, you broke down even harder, sobbing into your hands in the passenger seat of his car.

There was silence in the car, only filled with your tears, your crying getting louder and louder.

"Shh..." Yongguk suddenly took an arm and rubbed your back in support. "___, we're almost there. You... You can see him."

When he stopped the car by the entrance to the hospital, you looked up and met his eyes briefly.

"I'm so sorry but-"

"Don't apologize. You need to go see him." Yongguk put on the saddest smile you have ever seen him wear.

"Yongguk, I just... I need to break-"

"I know," he whispered softly, looking away.

You didn't know what to say, you wanted to hug him and tell him to not cry, but he had a reason to. And you couldn't pick any other option but to do this.

"___, just go," Yongguk spoke with trembling lips.

When you didn't answer, he looked at you, his eyes being swallowed with tears.

You nodded slowly and leaned over, giving him one last kiss on the cheek before stepping out of the car.

"Yongguk, thank you. Thank you for everything."

--

You opened your eyes to see Daehyun's eyes inches away from yours. A gasp escaped from your lips and he smirked at your reaction.

"Yah, Daehyun! You scared me!" you laughed.

"Seeing my face scares you?" he pretended to be hurt but grinned simultaneously.

You rolled your eyes and leaned in to peck his lips but he took your hand and pulled you in closer, refusing to let your lips too.

The kiss heated and before you knew it, his tongue your bottom lip, asking for entrance. You immediately parted your lips and rolled your tongue against his in your cavern.

When a knock on the door echoed in the room, the two of you pulled away quickly, revealing Youngjae who smirked as he walked in.

"Shut up," Daehyun laughed as if he knew what Youngjae was about to say.

The younger simply shook his head and opened his arms to envelope you in a hug. Even though he didn't say anything, you knew that he was thanking you for coming back to his hyung.

You heard Daehyun clear his throat and pulled away from Youngjae spoke lightly.

"Hyung, you seriously look ten times better."

Daehyun shrugged and motioned towards you with a smile. "Yeah, I wonder why."

 

Within two weeks after your arrival, what Youngjae said turned out to be true. The doctors and nurses all noted that Daehyun was doing much better than he was before. This made you really happy, you were pleased to know that you were bringing out such a positive effect on him.

Daehyun took your hand into yours, slipping on two rings with a shy smile. You were suddenly reminded of what happened that day you left him and felt sorry for your actions.

"Daehyun, look, I'm really, really-"

"Jagi, you don't have to apologize." Daehyun let your hand go for you to look at the rings that shone on your finger.

You gazed at the rings as you continued to apologize. "No, like seriously. I should have trusted you. I really should have not thrown our relationship away like that. Daehyun... I'm so sorry."

Daehyun gave a sad smile as he brought his hand up to your cheek. "I know that you're sorry. I was wrong too, so I'm sorry on my part."

You opened your mouth to speak but felt his hand on your stomach, his voice was now brough to a whisper.

"Daddy was a bad man," he was speaking to the child. "I'm sorry."

"Daehyun, you don't have to apologize anymore."

He looked up at you in soft eyes and gave a small smile, nodding his head.

"Jagi, can you promise me one thing?"

"What is it?" You didn't want him to make you promise to leave him again or something the stupid Daehyun would suggest.

"Just promise me that you'd always be happy. No matter what, I want you to be happy."

You swallowed hard and leaned down to peck his lips.

"I promise."