Chapter 11

WTH I CAN'T BELIEVE IT HAS TO BE THIS OAF!

 

Well thank you for that, Chansik. While you were babbling there people were probably thinking I was making out with Jinyoung.

I wasn’t. I couldn’t. I wouldn’t. OTL

Though that isn’t—okay, okay, I get it Gongchan—just stop nagging me. On with the story.

Jinyoung stood up and dusted his pants and gave out his hand to me, you know, to help me get up. Is this guy calling me a weakling? Nevertheless, I took the hand of my Hercules~

“You’re probably hungry, want to grab some fries?” Jinyoung smiled.

I made a mental calculation of how much money is left in my nonexistent wallet. I didn’t bring it, okay? I was depending that Mr. Gong (LOL how funny is that?) would handle all the expenses. He was the one who invited me to go on this “date” after all. B(

“Is it your treat?” I mumbled.

He laughed his godly laugh. God, I forgot how amazing his laugh sounds like.  (No Gongchan I am not exaggerating it, and lolno. Your laugh sounds like a hyena choking on his prey).

We went back to McDonald’s and my eyes unconsciously looked for Gongchan. It wasn’t that hard to spot someone who usually stands out of the crowd. I saw him in a big table with his fries and his other hand on the phone. He looked irritated.

“BRB, man.” I excused myself.

“I’ll just order your usual meal then.” Jinyoung said as he went in line.

I gave him an O.K. sign and went to the lonely dude and his fries. I sat across him and gave out a loud sigh.

He looked at me and sneered, “Don’t touch my fries.”

Oh gad this bish. “Jinyoung’s going to treat me with fries, thank you very much.”

“Good.” He flatly said and dipped another one into his ketchup.

“Hey, I’m sorry we were out too long, okay?” I apologized.

“Hmmm,” was all I’ve got from him. Obviously found the fries more interesting than I am.

“What is wrong with you?” I asked to break the silence.

I didn’t get any answer for Jinyoung returned with our order. He decided to sit beside me and handed me my food.

“Fries and McFlurry,” Jinyoung placed the food in front of me.

“Wait, lemme go get gravy for the fries!” I stood up excitedly and made my way to the counter to ask for some.

“How do you do that?” Gongchan suddenly asked.

“Uh, you just simply stretch your hand out to—,” confused Jinyoung started to explain.

“No, I mean… with Cathrel.”

“What do you mean with Cathrel?” Jinyoung raised an eyebrow.

“You don’t like her?”

“Well I must like her since she’s my best friend, you know.” Jinyoung laughed.

“Hmph. I see.” Gongchan smirked. “Liar.”

“What did you just call me?” Jinyoung stopped.

“Nothing.”

----

In school, I tried my best not to get myself involved with the school president but then when I entered our office, I was bombarded with a lot of questions.

“OMG. YOU DID NOT JUST. OMG. WHY?”

“How did it happen?”

“I thought you didn’t like him. What happened to that?”

“Kinda confused here. Mind to explain things?”

“Are you going to have a baby with him?”

“WHAT?! HELL NO!” I got surprised at that question, no kidding.

“Then what’s going on? Tell us.”

So okay I gave them a short version of the whole thing. I told the story to them in an easy-peasy way as if I always wake up in the morning to be betrothed with my enemy.

“I know guys, it’s a lot to take in but—” I started.

“You do know that with him being your fiancé, you are not going to write anything bad for the newspaper now, right?” My Editor-In-Chief mentioned.

O_O

“Did. Not. Think. About. That.” I mumbled.

I’ve always “badmouthed” the student council—hey, I was just trying to be objective with my news articles. It’s part of the job. Besides, we just hate them so much. (Oh please Chansik, you knew this all along).

“And we all know that the school needs to know how dirty they actually work,” she continued.

I raised an eyebrow and leaned away from her in disbelief. “You make it sound so bad, man.”

The door opened and Jinyoung went it with his bottle of juice.

“Hi, Jinyoung.” Ria blushed as she greeted him.

“Hi, Ria.” He smiled and went on to his table that was at the back of the room.

“Cathrel? Hello? Earth to Cathrel? Are you listening to me?” My E-I-C waved her hand in front of me.

“BRB.” I simply said.

I stood up and went to the table at the back. Well you see, my table is, after all, beside Jinyoung’s so…

“Hey…”

He looked up from his book and he stared back and gave out a, “Hmmm?”

“You doing something later?” I asked with a big smile.

“I’m going to work on our paper for our Literature Class in advance since I have a schedule for a game the following week so…”

The angle of my smile just went to a different direction. It became an inverted parabola. “Oh, I see. Well, see you then.”

I stood up when suddenly…

“Wait,” Jinyoung called.

I looked back with a smile.

“Your fiancé told me to remind you that he will drive you home.”

Again with the downward parabola. Do you seriously want to make that equation, Jinyoung? It’s y = - (x - 2)2 + 3. B( Go and get a graphing paper and do your calculus! I remember you teaching me about that years ago, and I could still remember it because you laughed at my failure all the time with parabolas. ;__;

“Oh, right. Of course. No need to remind me. He just texted me.” I showed a weak smile as I showed him my phone.

“Of course,” Jinyoung muttered. When I was leaving I heard him add, “Of course Jinyoung he would text her. God. How stupid can you get?”

---

I would usually ride the train home with Jinyoung. It was our daily routine and we would share stories despite the fact of being together in all classes the whole day. But hey, so many things we can talk about. I walked out of the school gates and I saw Jinyoung on his way to the train station.

“Jinyoung!” I called out.

He stopped and looked back at me only to realize he was putting his earphones on for the first time. We made it a rule not to listen to our iPods when we’re riding the train together, since we would be laughing our butts off the whole ride.

“Don’t have too much fun on the train without me.” I managed a smile.

He gave me a warm smile back. “I’ll make sure not to talk to the railings.” He joked and waved goodbye at me as he made his way.

I waited for a few minutes until El Presidente went out of the gate and he didn’t even look at me as he climbed in to the car that I’ve been staring at the whole time.

THAT CAR—UGH. I DON’T EVEN WANT TO THINK ABOUT IT. B(

Gongchan looked back at me and said, “Well, what are you waiting for? Gawd, woman. I don’t have the whole night. Get your in here!”

I rolled my eyes. He can be such a pain in the . I can’t believe I’m going to—ugh. Never mind. I climbed into the backseat beside him and closed the door.

I looked at Gongchan and he just gave me a scowl. I rolled my eyes again and diverted my attention from him. I never thought that the window could be this interesting. Outside I saw the train was leaving. I sighed. I hope this will end soon cause I am already missing my train convos with a certain person with the warm smile.