The First Sight

The White Wolf and the Moon

 

"Can we go now, father?" asked Rain as he smiled slightly. Rain has always been a huge gladiator fan. So much that he trains hard to become one. Therefore his father Jinyoung, the Emperor of Rome, had hired one of the few people who train gladiators, Moon Heejun. He had trained well known gladiators far and wide, one of them being Spartacus himself. Though Rain want to be a gladiator, it is seen on as a taboo and shame on the gladiator and royalty titles. Princes are not allowed to become gladiators since they have a resposibility to the country. To take over the country, when it's time.

 

"We'll go soon," he said to his son. "Hyuk," Jinyoung called for one of the servants.

 

"Yes, your Highness," Hyuk bowed to Jinyoung as he arrived.

 

"Go and tell my daughters to get ready, we'll be departing soon," Hyuk nodded his head and went to look for the two princesses. He knew where they would be. The youngest's room. He reached the room and saw Hongbin, the yougest princess' personal guard outside the door. Hyuk nodded to Hongbin, Hongbin returned the action and Hyuk knocked on the door.

 

"Come in," a muffled voice sounded from the other side. Hyuk entered and smiled at them. "Your Highnesses, the Emperor is waiting," he finished. The oldest Gina nodded her head and went to go out the door.

 

"Yeosul," Gina said as she turned to look at her sister, "be kind to the servant tending to your hair. It'll be your first time out in public like this and you have to have a good first impression on our people," she finished smiling. Yeosul nodded her head and smiled. Gina told Hyuk to wait until she was done and then those two, including Hongbin would come to the carriage.

 

"Hongbinnie," Yeosul exclaimed as she saw the guardian, she ran and huged him. She's always been doing that, but Hongbin is still as shocked as the first time. But everytime Yeosul reassures him that it's okay and that she does that. She even calls him er best friend. To her Hongbin and Hyuk are her best friends. "Come on, let's go," she said as Hongbin and Hyuk followed behind her. Even if they are best friends, they have to know their place. Yeosul is still a princess and they are just servants for the Royal family.

 

"Sit here Yeosul," Rain said with a smile and patted the seat next to him in a carriage. Yeosul smiled at him and sat down. Yeosul stared out of the window the whole ride and admired the beautiful view of the landscape as they passed.

 

When they arrived they were escorted to their seats at the tribunes and the gladiator fights began. After watching quite a number of fights Yeosul was becoming bored, it was the same kind of gladiator all the time! She noticed Gina felt the same, but Rain was extatic and was at the edge, watching the fights with great joy and interest. Then a new gladiator entered the arena. It was him, the man in white! The one Yeosul so often dreamed about. He, was real! Yeosul widened her eyes and decended down to stand beside Rain and watched the fights. Hyuk who was standing behind the royal family with Hongbin, also noticed the man. Neither Hyuk could believe his eyes. The white man was a dimachaerus, the type of gladiator who fights with two swords, one in each hand.

 

When he faught against his opponent, it looked like he was dancing around him. With the swords! And his muscles flexed in rythm with the dance, making it seem even more powerfull than it already was. Yeosul couldn't remove her eyes from the man, not that she wanted to, she was mesmerized by his movements. When the fight came to an end and the man in white finished off his opponent, he glanced around at the tribunes and he caught her gaze. He held her eyes with his like he himself a new prey. Yeosul shivered under his gaze, then he smirked and left the arena. Yeosul let out a breath she didn't even know she had held in. And she moved slowly back to her seat.

 

"Princess?" asked Hyuk and nudged her with his elbow. She was still a little dazed but nodded her head.

 

"I think," he started, "that the sign you talked about, was the real deal." Yeosul again nodded her head,  but this time with a smile.

 

"Yeah," she said, "I think so too." Meanwhile Rain was glaring at the spot where the gladiator had left through. That man had caught Yeosul's attention, that was not a good thing. Rain had plans for Yeosul and he would not let this mere gladiator get in the way of that. Rain would think more about that later, for now he would enjoy the rest of the fights.

 

Yeosul, when they all got home, asked her father about the white haired man she saw in the amphitheatre. He found the information he had on him and gave it to his daugher. She thanked him and went to her room to read it.

 

Name: Kim Wonshik "Ravi"

Age: 20

Type of Gladiator: Dimachaerus

Former soldier. Trains at the same ludu as Spartacus did.

 

'So this is the man I've been dreaming about...' she though and re-read the short profile. She then decided to visit him. She went to ask her father for permission and was allowed to go, but Hongbin had to go with her. Hongbin readied a carriage and off they went. 'I can't believe I'm about to meet him!' she thought. "Ravi..." she whispered and gazed out the window, the image of Ravi still fresh in her mind.