Babe - Leo

Babe - Leo

The warm blankets wrapped around you as you tossed and turned. Your eyes fluttered open as you rolled over to see the clock. It was 2:30 am; you rolled back over and tried to fall asleep. You slipped your hand into Leo’s and gave it a small squeeze. His eyes slightly opened and he reached up with his free hand and brushed away the hair on your face to behind your ear. He slid his hand down your shoulder and made his way to your stomach, where the baby kicked when he touched the baby. His eyes widened as he looked at you. You placed your hand and drifted to sleep.

The pain was unbearable; you opened your eyes just to clamp them down again. You tried to be as quite as possible because Leo was still sleeping. After a while Leo woke up and you were sitting on the edge of the bed.

“What’s wrong, _________” Leo slid over to you and placed his hand on your back.

“Nothing.” You made a small grunt and bent over more, “just couldn’t sleep.” Leo looked into your eyes as he rubbed your back.

“Would you like a back rub?” Leo whispered as he leaned in to wrap you into a backwards hug.

“Sure, that might make me and the little one get into bed.” You smirked and Leo began to rub your back. You purred like a cat as he rubbed up and down your spine and moved outwards to the aching muscles that cringed when he touched them. Leo continuously rubbed your back as you drifted in and out of sleep. You started whimpering out of pain and he stopped just for a moment until you were finished with the episode. Then out of nowhere, you rolled up into a ball and fell to your side into the fluffy, soft, black comforter. You squeezed your eyes shut as tears began to roll down your face. Leo kneeled over you; he watched not knowing what to do. He got out of bed and threw on a t-shirt and flip flops.

“What…are…you doing?” you said in between whimpers.

“We need to get you to the hospital.” Leo said with such a calm voice as he grabbed your slippers.

“No, I’m fine.” Then another wave of pain swept over you and made you paralyzed.

“No you’re not.” Leo swept you up wedding style and carried you to the car. You grabbed you stomach, your muscles started to shake and cramp up.

“Hurry, Leo!” You said with a small voice as you laid your head on Leo’s chest, a couple of tears fell into his shirt before he made it to his car. He laid you in the backseat, jumping into the driver’s seat he drove with such concern for you and the baby. You made a couple more whimpers trying to catch your breath. He reached behind his seat and grabbed your hand, you clenched onto his hand as he squeezed back.

“Hang on, just about there.” Leo stepped on the gas. When you reached the hospital you were floating in between consciousness and unconsciousness. Leo ran through the emergency doors holding you in his arms

“I need help! Please somebody help!” Leo started out yelling down the hall but then he suddenly faded when you grabbed his shirt and you started to whimper again but in a faster pace. Leo looked down at you and became really determined. He jogged down the hall until he found the nurses’ station.

“I need help NOW!” Leo raised his voice at the nurse, scaring the innocent nurse half to death. She nodded he head and she picked up the phone she announced code words over the intercom and a gurney rolled down the hall. Leo gently placed you on the gurney and tried to lay you flat.

“These people are going to take care of you now.” Leo leaned down and brushed the sweat soaked hair away from your eyes. He kissed your forehead. You placed your hand on the back of his neck, and pulled him in for a kiss.

“Ok.” A tear rolled down your cheek, he wiped it away with his thumb as they got the IV in.

“I’ll wait for you” you closed your eyes as they started rolling the gurney down the white washed halls. You watched as the lights flew past you as you turned and twisted down the hallway.

-

As Leo watched you leaving him tears began to form and he started to fall apart. He thought out all of the possible scenarios and he started to cry when he got to the worse scenarios and not being able to see you or the baby again. His phone buzzed in his pocket, he held it up to his ear.

“Leo? Where are you?” N said with concern because N was Leo’s ride to the studio.

“I… am at the… hospital.” Leo whimpered a little over the line.

“Is it, _________?” N began to get more worried for Leo and for you

“Mhmm.” Leo said over the phone

“I can come and pick you up. She will still be there when you get back” Ravi said in the background. Leo hung up and sat in the waiting room. He looked through all of the pictures of you and Leo together and the baby’s first picture. He tried to drown out his sorrows with music, but that only made it worse. He tried to do everything but nothing could take his mind off of you and the baby.

~ A couple hours later ~

“Mr. Jung?” An older man in green-blue scrubs walked up to him. Leo stood up with bloodshot eyes as he greeted the doctor. “Mr. Jung, your wife is weak but she is doing ok.”

“What about the baby?” Leo placed his hand on the doctor’s shoulder.

“We are watching the baby closely, the baby has a good chance of living but it is a couple weeks pre-mature, but your wife is the one that we are most concerned about. I am so sorry.” The doctor turned around and left, Leo was left in the waiting room alone. He moved towards the hospital’s doors and watched as the sun rose.

“Excuse me?” a petite nurse came up to Leo. “You can go in and see your wife, but you have to promise not to wake her though.” Leo nodded and followed the nurse as she led him to the room.

Leo opened the large, heavy oak door that separated you two. He walked in and saw all of these tubes and lines running in and out of you. He ran over to your side and looked at your beautiful face. He scanned your body and got increasing worried when he didn’t see the baby’s bump that you have had for seven months now. He grasped your hand and laid his head on the bed next to you.

“It was my fault… It was all my fault, __________” Leo repeated this several times before you squeezed his hand that was in yours.

“It’s not your fault, Leo.” You weak voice ringed in his ears. He lifted his head and looked at you with such gratitude that you were so alive. He kissed your cheek. The doctor walked into the room.

“Where is the baby?” Leo stood up out of the chair.

“The baby is in the NICU, right now, it is like a baby’s hospital up there and she is getting all of the treatment that she deserves. Don’t worry you will be able to see her in a couple of days. In the meantime you will stay in the hospital and Mr. Jung you can come and go as you please. If you have any questions let the nurse’s or I know right away.” Leo bowed to the doctor and escorted him out of the room.

~ A couple weeks later ~

“Knock, Knock” a voice came from the other side of the door

“Who is there?” you said with your cute voice

“VIXX” a small group of guys answered this time

“VIXX, who?”

“We will VIXX all of your problems.” The group pushed through the door and held stuffed animals and balloons for you and the baby. Leo emerged from the back of the group; he sat right beside you and asked how you were doing. You nodded your head.

“Did they let you see the baby yet?” Leo whispered, you shook your head as tears began to swell in your eyes.

“I am sure that she will be ready to see you soon.” Ken said. The VIXX members placed their goodies around the room so you could be surrounded with the beautiful gifts. “We should probably get back to the studio.”

“Right, thank you”

“Hope you feel better, ___________. Saranghae, ________” The VIXX members left in an orderly fashion.

Only a half an hour later the doctor walked in with a pink blanket in his arms.

“Would you like to hold your daughter?” The doctor handed the baby over to Leo. “Enjoy”

“Thank you doctor.” You and Leo thanked him and watched your baby. You both looked at the tiny face and the small fingers and toes, the acute facial features and the little hairs that stood up on her head.

“It’s a girl! It’s a girl” Leo was more excited than you had seen him in a while. “I love girls! She will walk down the street her small hand in ours and her cute little dresses and bows that we will dress her in.” Leo walked around the room soothing her for hours, so that you could rest. You never saw such a bond between a father and a daughter before, it reminded you of your dad and you, when you were young.

My Daughter has made the darkness in my heart light up brighter than I ever thought possible. My Daughter gives me a reason to live and try each and every day. I cannot thank our Lord enough for blessing me with her. And as blessings come, so do disappointments. There are trials and rewards throughout everyone’s life. My Daughter had helped me through the most difficult times of my life. I can only PRAY she will allow me to be there for hers.         

~ Unknown