Chapter 5

Their Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

22 July 2012

The wind gushed through the open window, widely hitting the face of a pale young man’s face as the car passed through the corners of the spiral road towards the top of the mountain where the school lay, as they travelled through the road, the view became more breath taking with hills everywhere and scenery beautiful for the eyes who would see. But not for this young man who was busy looking at the phone and pouting - wishing it would ring or at least receive a message. However, the phone stayed silent as the time passed. 

“Are you picking up your kid son? Since it is already the end of the year.” the old driver asked, his eyes still lingering in the front of the road, driving carefully in the dangerous road even when it is sunny outside. 

“Yes?” Snugging replied with a question, his eyes still focused in his hand phone, hoping that it would ring at least once. 

He had arrived to Busan hours ago and now he was in his way to pick up so that they can head towards his family home where his appa and daddy have moved after moving from Japan last year alone with his other family member. He haven’t met anyone for almost 2 years now but for now all his focus is on his phone. But his hope seem to have died with every other second when MyungSoo have not been answering at all. 

“Sorry ahjusshi, did you say anything?” SungJong bowed slightly feeling bad for ignoring the older man. 

“I was just wondering young man, why are you going to the school today? Do you kid study there or what?” the man asked, with a smile in his face. without minding the fact that he was not being heard in the first place.

Snugging looks at his phone once again and places in his other side of the bag so that he won’t keep on looking at it again and again and replies, “ Nah, ahjusshi, I am picking up my brother-in-law. Its his last year here and he really wanted me to come over for the last time. That’s why I am here.” he smiled, thinking about how MoonSoo have requested that he be the person to come and pick him because after all he is much closer to SungJong than he is with MyungSoo. 

“He must be around 16 years old right?” 

“Yes, Ahjusshi.” 

“Ahh.. lucky you are so close with your kid, I mean my son he is just 14 but he hates being seeing me with him especially when he is in front of his friends. Its rare to see kids yours.” The man laughed heartily, making SungJong laugh together.

“Everyone is different ahjusshi. I am pretty sure your kid still loves you a lot no matter what.” 

SungJong would see the old man breaking into a smile, “That’s true. He may not show it but he does love me though.” 

“But son, I must say that rather than using your phone you should really looking outside the view. It is to die for but if you don’t look at it now, I doubt you will ever see this again.” 

SungJong looked outside and smiled at the beauty of the hills and nodded his head. “It surely does ahjusshi."

-

“Hyung” 

SungJong turned his head towards the voice, he smiled seeing MoonSoo who was madly waving at him. SungJong can see how happy Moon Soo was looking at him. 

“Hyung, come on faster, everyone is waiting for you already.” Dragging his luggage a bit faster, SungJong reached in front of MoonSoo his brother in law. It has been too long since he saw him. They would talk in phone but meeting family was forbidden most of the semester time so ensure that children are not distracted by feeling down that they are away from their home. And living a bit too many hours away is definitely means even less time together. 

But SungJong can see the differences between the child he met for the first time to the person who he have become, he is slightly shorter than SungJong himself. But he have no doubt the said boy will be taller than SungJong is right now. 

“Hyung, I missed you sooo much.” MoonSoo hugged his brother in law, who have been his source of comfort for past years. “Ah, our MoonSoo ah have grown so much now.You are so tall now. For a second I thought you were someone else.” SungJong tighten his hold on MoonSoo. His face filled with full of smile. He missed this boy so much. Somehow he wished that MoonSoo would study somewhere near in Seoul. But then again, it was their mother’s wish for  MoonSoo to graduate from this high school. 

But then again, this will be the last day MoonSoo will be away from them anyway. He will make sure the boy is always next to his brother and they to live as a family now. As he loosen the hug he realised something MoonSoo have said before. “What do you mean are we? Aren’t you alone or are we meeting someone?” He asked, as he pushed back the hair that have fallen over MoonSoo’s face. 

“Oh, I don’t know why but hyung your brother is already here.” 

“Which hyung is it MoonSoo, I thought only the driver uncle is going to be here anyway.” SungJong asked in confusion. He was confused which brother MoonSoo was talking about he knew that his appa was sending a car for him to be picked up from the school. But he is not sure which brother that came to pick him up though.

MoonSoo scratched his head thinking about the name of the person he just meet.”Hyung is was something like Sung…sung.. Sung something"

"It's Sungeon, you brat." Both Moonsoo and SungJong  looked towards the new voice. 

"Hyung?"

"How are you doing Jongie?"  SungEon  slowly walks over between SungJong and MoonSoo. "It's been over the years since we last talked. How have you been my twin brother." The man smiled as he snuffed the younger man's hair.

"Welcome home. Appa and Dad and everyone is waiting for us."

"Hyung?"

-

Sitting in the passenger seat of the car, SungJong groaned at the man who was driving the car- who is no other than his own twin Lee no actually Kang Lee SungEon. For now at least. “Why are you here in the first place though? I mean I thought you and Junu hyung was in verse of divorce settlement.”

“What do you mean? Who told you that I was divorcing that man who actually worships me. And I came because I was bored and your Junu hyung had a meeting that he needed to settle before we had our family dinner later tonight.”  As the familiar face smirked back at SungJong.  Looking at his brother SungJong really wondered how the hell such a good looking polite and hard working Kang Junu ended up with a man like Kim SungEon. Like a pole opposites, yet no one have ever managed to ask how even till now.

“But last time, you told me that you were going to divorce Junu hyung because you had enough of him and Grandpa was really worried about you.”

“As I told I am not divorcing Junu and whoever wants me to leave that man can end any relationship with me. I hope you are not one of them SungJong.” SungEon teased his younger twin.

SungJong rolled his eyes, “You and your Junu please keep it for yourself. But seriously you made daddy cry so much last time. I mean I know that he is not happy with what situation I married MyungSoo back then either but at least he doesn’t have to be scared like yours when all of a sudden you get angry at something and feel like divorcing him again and again. Getting married and divorcing isn’t a game hyung.”

SungEon grinned hearing his younger brother by few minutes calling him hyung. SungJong only did this when he is seriously frustrated over what SungEon has done.

“Don’t worry, that Junu hyung will rather die than leave me anyway. He loves me enough that he will follow me up even though, he was suppose to be in the other side of the world.”

“What did you do this time hyung?” his eyes raised slightly curious on what his twin have in the closet that he is not reveling to him.

“Nothing really.” SungEon smirked that familiar grin which SungJong is so familiar with. That smile that defines that he is very very happy, that he has a good news to share but not telling anytime soon.

“It better be good though. You will killing my curiosity with that grin of yours.” SungEon laughed at SungJong complaining a twin who general doesn’t say much. “You brat, curiosity kills a cat you know.”

“Anyway, how is that brat’s brother doing? Has he gone more handsome or have he gone more weird with time.” SungEon asked pointing his finger towards the sleeping figure at the back of the car sleeping alone with his belonging that wouldn’t be shipped in with the other luggage.

“That brat has a name hyung and its MoonSoo. Kim MoonSoo and my husband’s is MyungSoo. I am pretty sure saying those names are not difficult at all.”  SungEon tsked at him.

“Why can’t I call a brat a brat. That brat over there practically worships you like his umma. You are not his umma SungJong. And that useless brother, your husband, even though he has friends, he needs to be more emotionally attached, what is with him and blank faces.” It has been like this since SungJong first introduced MyungSoo to his family. They have no liked him especially when everyone understood why he was marrying MyungSoo in the first place.

And SungEon being a different side of the coin to SungJong who was louder, rude and politeness was not in vocabulary, had crashed badly with MyungSoo. Although, both parties never made it obvious but SungJong knew both of them better than anyone else.

“ I know hyung. But I love that man and that man’s family. That’s why you better keep your mouth shut in front of MoonSoo later on.” SungJong pouted.

“Whatever, not like I will be dealing with that brat anyway. Tell me why is his brother not here though.”

SungJong sighed, “Its because MyungSoo is not just busy learning about his own company right now but he is also looking after J&H right now since DongWoo hyung is in the office at the moment.” He sighed again, thinking how the man might be over working himself to do his best and not eating on time.  Yet he can’t do anything because he has to be here.

“Yeah, I heard about Hoya hyung, I feel bad for uncle and aunt. I heard they have hyung’s baby right now, is it true?” SungEon asked for a confirmation.

SungJong nodded his head, “Yeah, they took the baby, even though technolically they don’t have rights to keep Youngjae.” SungEon nodded his head in understanding.

“That’s why I am staying for a bit longer here so that I can talk to uncle and aunt properly before this matters goes out of hand. And that YoungJae needs to be with his other parent.”

“Then, why is that man not here if he wants the child?”SungEon asked in confusion, with a frown, “If he is so dammed about keeping the baby why isn’t the man in question in her

Please log in to read the full chapter