(OT5) The Gift of a Dongsaeng

Shinee One-Shot Series

*Phone rings*

Me (CuppieCakeFairie): “Hello?”

LiveWithSound (Friend): “Hey, guess what?”

Me: “What?”

LiveWithSound: “I got Noona a present!” *smiles to himself*

Me: *squints eyes* “Mmmm, you only call me that when you want something. So since you’re giving me something, it must mean this gift is going to .”

LiveWithSound: “No, I got them at the flea market. I think you’ll like them; they’re Shinee.”

Me: *thinks* They? “Well, bring them over.”

LiveWithSound: “I’m on my way.”

*20 minutes later* *knock on the door*

Me: *opens door* Hey *looks at box*

LiveWithSound: “Hey, can I have that juice box?”

Me: “Really?”

LiveWithSound: “Yes, can I have it?” *smiles*

Me: “Ugh, fine here *hands over juice box* So what’s in the box?”

LiveWithSound: “Your present! Here” *hands over box*” I gotta go, bye Noona!” *walks back to car*

Me: “Ummm, ok.” *carries box into kitchen and sits it on the table* I wonder what this is? *opens box* “Plants? Really?” *sigh* *takes plants out of the box* “A sunflower, a rose, a daisy, baby’s breath and a bonsai tree. Kind of an odd combination, but okay.” *goes over to the fridge to get another juice box. Sits down at the table and looks at the plants* “Where am I going to put y’all?”

“That window sill looks pretty cozy,” responded the Sunflower. I looked at the flowers.

“Da ?!”

“What?” asked the Sunflower looking at me.

“You can talk?!” I asked freaking out.

“No .” Said the Rose.

“It wasn’t a question you smart plant,” I spat back.

“Forgive him, he’s an ,” said the Bonsai Tree. I stared at him.

“Sure, I guess I will for now,” I said as I glared at the Rose.

Sunflower: “So about this window sill..”

Daisy: “It’s too sunny over there.”

Bonsai Tree: “You’re a plant.”

Rose: “And you’re way too pale. You need some sun in your life.”

Daisy: *in the tune of Miss A’s “I don’t Need a Man”* “I don’t need no sun, I don’t need no sun-“

Me: “What?”

Daisy: “-I don’t need no sun, I don’t need no sun-“

Me: “Shut up.”

Daisy: *stops* “Just saying, I don’t need any.”

I sighed and rubbed my temples. What has LiveWithSound given me? Like really, where do you find talking plants? Feisty talking plants at that. I sighed again.

Baby’s Breath: “Is Noona okay?”

I looked at him. “Noona’s fine. Well, since you’ll be staying here, why don’t you all introduce yourselves?”

Plants: *whispers*

What are they whispering about? How hard is it to just introduce yourselves?

Bonsai Tree, (Other Plants): (Digidigdig) Rose flower is Jonghyun (Digidigdig) Baby’s Breath here is Taemin (Digidigdig) pretty Sunflower’s Onew (Digidigdig) feisty Daisy is Key (Digidigdig) Bonsai Tree I’m Minho (Digidigdig) my name is Minho (Digidigdig) all together we’re SHINee, we lived in the SM GARDEN!

Me: *speechless* “So, not only can you talk, you sing and rap.” *speechless again* “Uh huh, okay, this is my reality.” *sigh*

Taemin: “Noona didn’t like it?”

Me: “Noona liked it, she is just a little bit surprised at the situation. Did you really have to rap? You couldn’t have just said it?” *looks at them*

Key: “We’re not basic, so yes, that’s how we do it.”

His attitude is going to get him in trouble. Sigh~.

“Okay whatever, I don’t mind. I have no idea what I am going to do with y’all. Are you hungry, I guess?” I asked unsure.

“We’re okay for today. We were fed before we left, but tomorrow we will need food. Water will be good for tonight.” Replied Onew.

I wasn’t expecting him to answer with a serious answer. “Oh, okay I think. May I ask what you eat?”

Onew: “Fertilizer.”

Key: “Organic fertilizer to be more specific.”

“Right, and how much does this ‘organic fertilizer’ cost, cause I do not intend on spending a ton of money on some enhanced earth?” I asked Key.

“Well, I’m not sure, but you should be able to afford it. You have a job right?” he questioned.

“Nope.” I answered back honestly.

“You need one,” added Jonghyun.

“Keep it up and you will sleep outside,” I threatened. What’s with him? He needs to know I am not the one for this.

“Jonghyun,” Onew said sternly.

“What? I’m being honest. I don’t want to be malnutrition because she’s cheap and broke. I do not want to be looking like Taemin,” Jonghyun argued. Taemin protested.

“Get your friend Onew before I do,” I warned.

“I’m sorry. He just needs to get used to you and he’ll be nicer. I promise,” Onew pleaded. Onew seems trustworthy, but I really can’t see Jonghyun changing.

“What is he a puppy? Like really,” I responded.

“Yah!” Jonghyun yelled.

“Okay that’s enough. Jonghyun shut up. She’s taking us in and is going to take care of us. You need to be nicer,” Minho reasoned. Mmm, very sensible Bonsai Tree. Jonghyun ‘hmph-ed’ and you could easily hear the pout in his voice.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered. I picked him and his flower pot up and gave him a hug.

Other Plants: “Yah, no fair! Why does he get a hug?!”

Jonghyun: “Cause I’m awesome, stop hating.”

Key: “ please. There ain’t nothing to hate on.”

“Stop arguing, you all will get hugs at some point,” I put Jonghyun back with the others. “I’m going to heat up some dinner for myself and get you all some water so we can go to bed, okay?”

Plants: “Okay.”

I get up and get the fried chicken from last night out of the fridge and put it in the microwave.

“How do you all like your water?” I asked.

“Room temperature is fine,” Onew replies. I get a cup and fill it up with some water from the sink.

“Um, by chance, do you have any bottled water?” Key asks.

“No and Key you ask for too much. This is just as good as any bottled and regardless, you aren’t paying for anything so deal,” I said to him.

*microwave buzzer*

I walked over to the microwave and took my chicken out.

“I’m going to water you before I eat, okay?”

Onew: “Can I have chicken instead of water? Please~”

Me: “No.”

Onew: “Why~?”

Me: “Because you would die, Onew.”

Onew: *pouting* “But Noona~, Onew really wants chicken~!”

Really? Plant aegyo? It’s so cute!

Me: No.

Onew: “Okay, what about chicken flavored water?”

I wonder if they actually sell that…

“I’ll see if they sell that at the store,” I replied as I watered them.

“Wait, so you can buy Onew some nasty chicken flavored water, but we can’t get any organic fertilizer?” asked Jonghyun upset.

“And bottled water,” added Key.

“One, Onew asked nicely and it doesn’t seem like it would cost that much money and two, I do not owe you any explanation what-so-ever Mr. Jonghyun Rose. Now shut up and let this water sink in to your roots,” I commanded.

“….It does feel kind of good,” he responded. I gently his petals.

“So, why are you talking plants?” I asked as I started to eat.

“We honestly don’t know. To be honest, I’m surprised you’ve stayed so long. Usually, when we start talking, people freak out and get rid of us,” Minho explained.

“I would never do that to you all. Even though Jonghyun is annoying as hell, and Key is a little bougie, I do really like y’all.” I assured them.

Plants: “Thank you.” *sings* “Noona Neomu Yeppeo~”

“Aw~, you guys are too cute! I’m about to go to bed, do you want to stay on the table, or on the window sill?”

Plants: *thinking*

Onew: “Can we go on the window sill?”

Me: “Of course” *transfers the plants to the window sill* “Goodnight my babies!”

Plants: “Goodnight, Noona!”

I turned off the lights and went to my room. What a weird day. I officially have talking plants. At least not a lot of people can say that and it actually be true. *yawns* Be safe babies~.

Meanwhile in the kitchen:

Onew: “Jonghyun you have to be nicer to Noona. She’s really good to us.”

Jonghyun: “Yah, she argued with me though.”

Minho: “You started it though, so she had a reason to come at you.”

Jonghyun: “Pft, whatever, I’ll try.”

Onew: “That’s a little better.”

Taemin: “It’s a little lonely without Noona being here to talk to us.”

Minho: “Yeah, it is.”

Taemin: “We should get her to come back.”

Jonghyun: *sings* “Baby come back, you can blame it all on me~”

Key: “She kinda can.”

Jonghyun: “Key, shut the hell up.”

Key: “Make me.”

Jonghyun: “Seeing I’m a plant and all, I can’t really move. But if I could, I’d beat your !”

Key: “Don’t use being a plant as an excuse. I think it’s your small stamen that is the issue.”

Other Plants: “Ooo~”

Jonghyun: “Key, we all know I got a big stamen that has pollen for days. Keep it up and I’ll shove this stamen down your stem and make you choke on it.”

Key: “ please. The only thing going down this stem is some good water. And the only thing I’ll be choking on is your stank rose smell.”

Jonghyun: “Key, don’t do me.”

Key: “I wouldn’t waste my time.”

Minho: “You two are doing the most. Stop it.”

Jonghyun: “Let’s sing then.”

Onew: “I think it might be a little late at night for that. We don’t want to wake Noona.”

Taemin: “Do you think if she woke up she would take us with her?”

Onew: “She might if we asked.”

Jonghyun: “Let’s do this then!”

In my room:

Kitchen: *whispers loudly* “Lucifer~”

What the hell was that? Am I about to die? Why the hell am I hearing Lucifer’s name?

Kitchen: *sings* “Soomeul gotdo chatji mothae naneun piharyeogo aesseo bwado
Geobujocha hal su eopneun”

Me: “What the is that?” *gets out of bed and heads to the kitchen*

Kitchen: *sings* Sarangieotdamyeon jeongmal saranghaetdeon georamyeon naege ireojineun mala her whisper is the-“

“Lucifer,” I finished as I the light in the kitchen. “Really guys?”

*Plants try to act as if they are asleep*

“Answer me! I know you’re not asleep. You were just belting out Lucifer lyrics a few seconds ago,” I yelled.

“Did we wake you?” asked Jonghyun.

“No, I woke up on my own because I was worried about you all and I wanted to check on you,” I answered sweetly.

“Really?” asked Jonghyun surprised.

“NO! I woke up because I nearly had a heart attack when heard you whispered Lucifer. I didn’t think I was going to make it. Like I seriously thought he might have ascended into my room and was about to take me. Off all the songs to choose to sing, it had to be that one?” I said angrily.

Taemin: “Noona, we’re sorry. We were lonely and missed you and we wanted you to come get us.”

He may be absolutely adorable, but I’m still heated.

I sighed. “I understand, but you really scared me. Did you miss Noona that much?”

“Mmhmm. I missed Noona this~ much!” Taemin squealed as he emphasized the word ‘this’. I smiled.

“What is it that you want me to do?” I asked curious to see what they have in mind.

“We want you to put us in your bedroom with you,” said Jonghyun shyly.

Other Plants: “Huh?!”

Jonghyun: “What? We can’t make her stay out here with us the whole night, so why not go to her room?”

Key: “You sure you don’t have any ulterior motives, y Jjong?”

Jonghyun: “No I don’t Kibum. Back off!”

“Okay, let me ask this. Are ya’ll going to be loud?”

Plants: “Nope.”

“Fine, you can come sleep in my room,” I decided.

Plants: “Yay, thank you Noona~!”

I smiled and brought them back to my room.

“How about right here?” I asked as I placed them on a little table near my bed.

“It’s perfect,” they replied sleepily.

“Goodnight again my Shinee plants,” I told them as I crawled into bed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Okay, weird scenario, but kind of interesting to think about. Leave comments and subscribe if you want^^ If you have any suggestions for fics or requests, tell me and I’ll see if I can do it! Hope you enjoy :)

p.s. I might do a continuation of this one later in the series