The Shadow

Cross My Heart & Hope To Spy


My name is Siyeon, but here in Funeral Parlor, I'm a Shadow. 
Take a peek into my life, you'll be surprised how different I am from you.

 

Cold, quiet, still. She closed her left eye and pulled back the bow string. Right on target. She left the string go and the arrow wizzed, shooting the target dead in the middle. It was an accumulation of her training.

Lee Siyeon never missed.

After wiping the sweat from her forehead, she collapsed her bow and brushed her skirt. Just another typical day at training until the sound of a loud blaring siren filled the room and she immediately equipped her bow again, mounting an arrow onto the string.

Her peripheral vision took over and she scouted around, waiting for a target to appear. 7 o' clock due west, she swiftly turned and let her arrow go. Right in the middle. Another one at 3 o' clock north east.  The whizz of the arrow rung through the room, and finally a loud thwack, signalling the embeddingof the arrow into the target. Right in the center again. But when the third target appeared behind her, the arrow felt off in her hands, her hand was out of place. Siyeon could feel the shot being misdirected. 

And as she expected, the shot was 5 centimeters off the real target, something like that in a real mission could have killed the rest of her team. Unlike most people, she wouldn't let this get off easily. She'd probably beat hersefl down and spend another hour or maybe even 3 just at the shooting range.

"God damnit." She mumbled to herself as she retrieved her steel arrows, running her thumb over the tip. These arrows have saved her more times than once, she had a special bond with them. They were her pride, along with her bow.

After rubbing her arms, she retracted her bow again so it lay in a small prism shape. She tucked it in the garter of her leg and took her jacket off, even if it was cold in the shooting range, the day was hot like every single other summer blaze. She sighed, bummed from missing that shot, something she could have easily made. Maybe next time, she should shoot from a slightly different angle, one that allows her to brush the arrow's path slightly so she could...

"Hey, kiddo, how was training?" 

Her thoughts of improvement were interrupted by a smiling face, Lee Sandeul, her one and only brother. Siyeon was curious of his ability to stay optimistic even in the toughest situations.

"Eh, pretty bummed from practice, oppa. But I'll go back in the shooting range for a couple more hours, just to polish up, you know?"

Sandeul rolled his eyes, he knew the type of person she was. Siyeon was a perfectionist down to the core, and nothing would stop her until she had reached that level of perfection. Right now, it seems, she wasn't close to it, in her own standards, no matter what she'd tell anyone else.

"Must I tell Shinwoo to close the range early? You're going to strain your arm, kiddo. And you need that for missions, and for practice. What would you do if you couldn't help your squad?" 

Now it was Siyeon's turn to sigh. Her brother always watched out for her, and was concerned for her safety more than his. Especially when she would over practice, like last time, she stayed in the range, shooting for 3 hours straight. The day after, her arm wouldn't even move. It was disastrous.

"I guess you're right.. Like always.."

His laugh filled the entire corridor, and he placed his arm on her shoulder, walking next to her while pulling her in. Ah, at last. Comfort. Sandeul never failed to make her feel protected.

"Say, kiddo, why don't we go eat? It's almost lunch time and I need to restore my brain cells. Making new hacking programs aren't easy, you know?"

She agreed, her stomach growling at that exact moment. Perhaps a break was good, and it had been quite some time that she had last eaten with her brother. It's do her well to just chit chat and relax. Maybe she'd even get to talk to Gongchan, but hopefully she would keep shut and try not to drool over him, thinking about his triceps and how gorgeous they looked in the gym during rebriefing.. Yeah you can see, she has quite an obsession over her brother's squad maknae.

 


 

After lunch, it was time for one of her most treasured times: gymnastics. Everyone in Funeral Parlor knew that 3-6 was Siyeon's personal time in the gym. She would relieve all of her archery stress with some awesome gymnastics routine, and just being on the beam. It was certainly a magical time for her. 

Hours and hours would pass and she'd just do the same thing over and over with the lights turned off. She loved the feeling of planting her feet on the solid piece of equipment, the stable feeling of being able to land on both feet majestically. Everytime she's do a back handspring, she'd get chills down her spine. It was an irreplaceable feeling. 

Siyeon was in the middle of a handstand on the blue mat, when suddenly, someone entered the gym. Her smile turned into a frown as she immediately stood upright, wondering who it could have been. Probably some annoying new recruit who didn't know the rules of her gym, but then she'd probably end up just conversing with them and teaching them the basics of gymnastics. But that aside, she placed her hands on her hips and turned around..

"Hey tokki tokki, I thought I might find you in here!"

That beautiful melodic voice could only belong to one person: Gong. Chan. Shik. She immediately put her hands down and silently cursed herself for thinking that this was some random person. Damn. She motioned him in and turned the music off, asking why he came here in the first place.

Opening a small box of cookies, he offered her one, explaining that he baked them and wanted her to try them. She looked at him, startled, but recovered quickly, taking a cookie, that was still warm, and biting it. Oh how wonderful of a cook he was. She complimented his baking skills and he beamed. What a kid.

"Is that all you wanted, me to eat a cookie?"

She laughed and he shrugged in response, smiling. He stood up, pulling her up as well, and asked her to reteach him some gymnastics moves. Siyeon complied happily, as it was another chance to be closer to him. She assessed his current level of flexibility, and boy it had gone down starting with his lower body, particularly, his legs. Sighing, she spotted him, helping him to learn how to do a basic handstand again. His white uniform shirt went up and she saw that glorious upper body and just stared for a moment, before returning to help him up again. Her face tinged red as she complimented his ability to learn quickly.

"I guess I should leave you to do your thing, I wouldn't want to see you angry."

He laughed and walked out the gymnasium. After he left, she sank to the floor, and did some kind of happy dance, her heart fluttering. Okay he had given her a cookie, then asked to learn something? Gongchan definitely sorta liked her, at least. Well this was going smoothly. Siyeon did multiple flips and handstands and handsprings, until she fell onto the floor, exhausted.


Blog post for full details here

hi guise this is my character, my baby Siyeon. I know i said no sob stories, but hers was kind of inferred, given that her parents wer big druggies and alcoholics. I mean rlly. srs.

she's the shadow of the group, and yes i was inspiried to make her the shadow from Kuroko no Basuke (LOL //SHAME//) 
since Kuroko was such a vital role, even if he did have a lack a presence. I wanted to make Siyeon like that, but not too important
she was the one who takes out the supporters while the knight deals with the head honcho. 8D

-- Slippers