The End

Broken Promises and Broken Hearts

Jisun sat in the living room, staring at her hands. Luhan was in front of her. He was staring at her black hair. Her beautiful black hair. It was really long before...before IT came. Before the results came. The day after, when Luhan came back from work, he saw her with short hair. He wanted to tell her how much he loved her long hair, but he couldn't formulate words. He felt guilty for leaving her two times...specially after the results came in. He left her when she needed him the most. He couldn't take this anymore. He couldn't handle all the guilt that had been stored in him. So once again, he got up and left the house without a word. It had been exactly two months since the incident and Jongin had been left unwelcome in the house since then. Jisun didn't know for sure, but she thought it was because of Guy Issues.

As soon as Luhan left, Jisun stood up and walked over to her...no their room. She took a blue notebook out of one drawer and started writing.

Dear Diary,

Two months ago, the results of the tests came in. I was so sad I started crying. When he came home he was shocked and ran outside again. Oh dear lord. Please help us. I want us to stay together forever. I love him.

Jisun put away the diary as she wiped a tear that had rolled down her cheek. Deciding she'd be better off outside than inside, she put on her jacket and got out of the house. First she started wandering around and looking at the happy faces of the numerous couples. way to ruin my mood. Seeing that she was gloomy again, she decided to head to the park near their house. Not only was that place full of children she could play with, but it also held a special place in her heart. After all, it was where they met. She made her way towards the swings and even though she was sad, a smile appeared on her face. She could remember everything as if it was just yesterday. The times they kissed and the times they fought. All of it took place in this park. She sat on the swing and looked at the one next to her. She could see him. She could see a younger version of Luhan sitting there and smiling at her.

"What's up, Sunnie?"

"L-Luhan..." She whispered. She blinked once to clear her head. She saw the empty swing and her mood got ruined once again. She let a tear roll down her cheek as she remembered how much they had changed. Before she could wipe it away, a boy, five or six years old, came running towards her and wiped her tear with his small hands. He then took out some thing from his back. A Flower. The young boy smiled and handed it to Jisun before saying:

"Noona, don't cry. You look prettier when you smile."

Jisun tried to smile but more tears spilled out of her eyes when he had said that. 

"Sunnie ah, don't cry. You're prettier when you smile."

Jisun quickly wiped her tears away and made a crooked smile. She patted the boy's head and softly said:

"Thank you. I won't cry anymore."

But she knew too well that she couldn't keep this promise. After a while, she started playing along with the boy and some of his friends. She was happy. She always liked playing with children and this was one of those times. She enjoyed it so much, she didn't realize how much time had passed. 7 pm. I should probably head back home to cook dinner...though he wouldn't eat it anyways. So she got up, but when she wanted to bid goodbye, she saw they all became sad and their eyes teary. She tapped her chin for a solution before her eyes landed on a certain girl who was sitting in the sand by herself. She slowly approached her and said:

"Hey there, little girl. What are you doing here by yourself?"

The girl looked at her before looking at the sand.

"I'm playing."

Jisun chuckled before speaking again.

"You don't look like you're enjoying it, though! What's your name, sweetie?"

The girl lifted her head and looked at her before answering.

"Ara. My name's Ara."

"Well, Ara, you see those kids over there? They need one more person to play with them, so would you do the honor?"

Ara smiled and looked at her. She took the hand that was lowered toward her and took it, standing up. She looked at Jisun and shyly said:

"O-only if they want to..."

Jisun smiled in satisfaction and headed towards the boys with Ara's small hand in hers.

"Yo guys! This is Ara and she wants to play with you! Be nice, arasseo? I have to get going, it's nice to meet you all!"

All the boys waved at her before surrounding Ara and telling her the rules. Jisun looked from afar and smiled when she saw Ara laugh and play with them. Just when she was about to leave, a woman approached her while smiling. The woman introduced herself as Ara's mother and shook her hand.

"I saw what you did there! I thought I should thank you personally, since...since my Ara isn't what you call a 'sociable person'. I'm really grateful for what you did! I know you'll make a wonderful mother, one day!"

Jisun stood there and smiled all the time. But a part of her broke when the woman said the last sentence. Not with anyone if its not Luhan. She politely thanked the lady for her compliments and headed home.

When she got there, she saw that all the lights were off. The heater too was off, thus creating a dark and cold place. Jisun frowned and headed towards their bedroom. Since everything was like this, she figured Luhan must've been already home. When she opened the door, she saw her beloved husband sitting on the bed with an unreadable expression. She didn't like this. She didn't like it when she couldn't tell what he'd do next. In fact, she hated this situation. But being Jisun, she tried lifting the mood.

"Hey Luhan, what's u--"

"I have something I want to talk to you, about."

Jisun got serious and sat next to him on the bed. I figured it already. But what he said next broke her heart completely.

"I had filed in for a divorce last month. Tomorrow we go to the court."

Jisun sat there for a few minutes processing what he had said.

"This is a joke right? It's not funny, luhan! Cut it out!"

But Luhan just sat there and looked at the wooded floor. 

"Why are you doing this to me? I thought I was being a good wife! I cooked at time and I think my cooking was pretty good! Then why are you..."

Luhan glanced at her and inhaled before speaking.

"J-Jisun ah, it's not that...I-it's just that...well I really want a child and...you're infertile."

Jisun's face hardened before she looked at him coldly. 

"Fine then. I'll meet you tomorrow at the court. I'm divorcing you whether you like it or not. I have been a fool to trust your words. I'm sorry."

With that, she got up and headed to the balcony to cool her head off.

~~~

The next day, Luhan woke up to a cold bedroom. Even though he had turned the heater back on, and he was covered in blankets, he still felt cold. He looked at the time and quickly got up. He didn't want to be late for the court. 

When he got out of the room, he couldn't see Jisun any where. What did you expect? That she'd wait for you? Idiot. When he got ready, he took a toast and bit onto it. Just when he was heading out, he saw folded papers on the counter and thought he was an idiot for not noticing earlier. He took them and started to read through them. The first one was a handwritten letter addressed to him.

Dear Luhan,

I wrote this letter to clarify everything, but even then, I'll be expecting to see you at the court because I can't bear to live with a man who doesn't keep his word. Don't you dare not come.

First of all, you'll know the truth when you open the other paper. The only explanation I have is this: I was too sad I couldn't tell you the truth. But you quickly judged and got yourself in this mess.

Second of all, I want to thank you for all the good and bad memories we shared. Even though the past two months- and even the month before- weren't my idea of 'happy', I want you to know that I really loved you and was willing to spend the rest of my life with you, if it weren't for what you said yesterday. I realized I had been clinging too much on you, and I was the only one keeping this relationship going, hence another reason to divorce.

Lastly, I want you to know that I am moving out of the house and bringing all of my belongings. 

So sorry to take your time,

Jisun. 

Luhan hastily opened the other paper and widened his eyes as he saw the contents. It was the results. Luhan read it and he broke down when he saw the last sentence.

"Unfortunately, our experiments show that Mr Xi Luhan is the one whose body doesn't cooperate with the process of fertilization. We apologize."

The next thing Luhan knew, he was on the floor, crying his eyes out. All this time...he was the problem and Jisun had been willing to sacrifice her love for children and spend her life with him. He thought about staying at home and being depressed, but he remembered what Jisun had written:

"Don't you dare not come."

And this is how this story ends.