The Beginning of The End

Broken Promises and Broken Hearts

Jisun stared blankly at the male beside her as he read his book. Strange. She thought. Luhan never bothered to read books. Not in High school, college, or even university. The Luhan she had dated and was married to, had a phobia of books. She didn't even know how he had gotten accepted by Seoul's most famous Law school. But then again, he was a capable person and he could do anything. Except one. 

Life goal #1: Make a child with Jisun.

No matter how many times they tried, Jisun would never get pregnant. And it had already been two years since their marriage. The two loved children and dreamed of having three or four of them, themselves. But fate doesn't always go your way. After the nth try, they had come to a decision; They'd have to take tests. They had to know whom the problem was from. It was mainly Luhan's idea and Jisun understood nothing of it. If they loved each other so much, then why would an unborn child--no. Why would a nonexistent child cause problems for them? Sure Jisun adored children and got along with them, but her love for Luhan overshadowed the fact that they couldn't have kids of their own, and she was fine with it. Apparently, that didn't apply to her husband.

After they had taken the test, Luhan seemed to get more distant from her. So, just to make sure, she had, once interrogated him about their situation. She had poked his sides from behind, startling him. When he had jumped up, surprised, she had lovingly smiled at him and kissed his lips.

After the kiss, Luhan smiled so warmly at her, that she couldn't tell if it was fake or not. 

Dark thoughts had filled her mind right after. What if he was going to leave her if the problem was from her? What if he was going to cheat on her after the test results? What if...

"Baby, what's bothering you?"

"H-huh?"

"You're so deep in thought, I figured something's up."

"O-oh yeah. Luhan, can I ask you something?"

"Sure bab--"

"Are you going to leave me?"

"What? Why would I?"

Jisun sighed before finally sealing the deal and saying what was really on her mind.  

"I-if the test results come, a-and the problem is from me, are you going to leave me?"

"What the heck, Jisun? Why would I leave you? I don't care about a child as much as I care about you!"

"Promise me, we'll stay together no matter what happens."

"Of course. If it's with you, I wouldn't care spending the rest of my life with out a child."
 
Thay day, the two had gone on a date. It was a very happy day for Jisun and she hoped it was the same for Luhan. But the happiness from that day had faded and Jisun and Luhan were once again apart and distant. 
 
Jisun's thoughts got interrupted when Luhan suddenly got up. Without a glance at his wife, he muttered,
"I'm going outside."
"Okay, but come back before--"
The loud bang of the door interrupted her. 
"...sunset."
 
She couldn't take this anymore. Him ignoring her and them growing more and more distant each day. That's when she got an idea. Luhan was really close with his friends, right? So she decided that she'd invite one of them over for dinner. She took the phone book and flipped the pages until she reached 'K'.
 
Kim Taeyeon,
Kim Jonghyun,
Kwon Yuri,
Kim Jongin. AHA! Found it.
 
With her trembling hands she dialled his number and waited. 
 
"Hello?"
"Hello, is this Jongin?"
"Yes, what's your-- hey, you sound like Luhan's wife!"
"Indeed, I am. I was wondering, would you like to come over for dinner? You know, to reminisce the old times?"
"Sure sister-in-law! See you then!"
"Okay then, goodbye."
 
Jisun quickly got off the chair and busied herself with dinner. Cooking was one of her so many skills and hobbies. She loved cooking so much that she forgot the time. Soon, the sun had set and the two men would come anytime. The sudden ring of the bell startled her and she almost burned her hands. Quickly putting the oven's degree to 0, she wiped her hands on her apron and opened the door.
 
Kim Jongin.
 
Jisun smiled and opened the door, letting him in.
 
"How are you, Jongin?"
"Very good! I'm looking forward to taste your cooking again! But before...I have something to give you. On my way, I also checked your mail...since Luhan Hyung had given me the key, so I figured it'd be nice to--"
"Thank you Jongin."
 
Jongin handed Jisun the so many envelopes. How much time had passed since the last time they checked their mail? So many envelopes...
Jisun gasped as her eyes came across one envelope.
 
To: Mister and Mrs Xi
From: SM clinic
 
The results!!
 
"I'm sorry, Jongin, I have to open this one!"
"Oh, okay, no problem."
 
Jisun teared the envelope open, not sure if she wanted to see the results. 
She inhaled quietly before starting to read.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Luhan trudged down the streets, looking at the families with their children. A smile tugged at his lips and his heart warmed automatically. He wanted to have one of his own with Jisun. He really loved kids, even though he never showed it. But they had tried so many times already...and they didn't get what they had hoped for. At least she loved him. Saddening at this thought and at the way he had treated Jisun these past weeks, he started running towards his house, energized by the guilt that had took him over. 
 
Finally arriving, he quickly opened the door, welcomed by silence. Nothing could be heard...unless faint sobs. Now, worry had replaced his guilt as he called for Jisun.
 
"Honey!"
"Jisunnie!"
"Baby! Where are you?"
 
Finally going to their bedroom, he saw Jisun in Jongin's arms. Anger boiled inside him. Just what had this done to his wife?
 
"Kim Jongin, if you did anything to her, I swear, I will--"
"N-no l-luhan," Jisun said between her sobs "I-it's not him. T-the results came in."
 
Luhan stayed there for a minute or so, until his brain started functioning again. The results came in. The results. The results. The results came in. 
Looking at Jisun's situation, he quickly concluded whom the problem was from. Before letting anyone speak further, he ran out of the house and into the streets.
 
With the results, came the beginning of their end.
 
 
Hello There!
I tried to update as fast as I could!
Anyways, how was the first chapter? Did you all like it?
it probably won't be a ONE-shot, but a TWO-shot.
is that okay with everyone? 
Next chapter will (hopefully) be up by Thursday!
Thank you for commenting and subscribing!
BR2019