2.

Moon Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The car ride is quite, Chanyeol keeps his hands on the steering wheel and looks ahead, trying his best to put all his thoughts to rest at least until they'll be back home and he will have to deal with this shocking revelation and its consequences.

Kyungsoo is looking out of the window and Chanyeol wonders how much it's out of embarrassment and how much is to memorize the way home were Chanyeol to discard him on the side of the road. As if he actually could.

He sighs, turning inside the teachers parking lot just outside the school.

 

The courtyard is empty, meaning Chanyeol is late. He curses under his breath grabbing his messenger bag from the back seat. Kyungsoo is already waiting for him, Chanyeol's shoes make him look like a clown paired up with the much too long pants.

Something is weird, though, Kyungsoo is looking up, towards one of the windows, fists clenched and jaw tight.

 

“Something wrong?” he asks and Kyungsoo shrugs off whatever thing was haunting him and smiles, a small smile that takes Chanyeol off guard. “Come on, I'm already late” he coughs out.

 

“Nothing new” Kyungsoo mutters under his breath. Chanyeol looks at him in mock shock and Kyungsoo's smile gets a bit wider, more confident and Chanyeol can see Dog there, sees his quiet companion of the last month and a half.

 

Kyungsoo thanks him when Chanyeol slips him a pair of slippers with the school logo and then they run up the stairs toward the teachers' room.

 

“I have only two lessons, you have to wait here” he instruct Kyungsoo, making him sit on his wheeled chair.

 

Kyungsoo nods and Chanyeol takes a deep breath before heading to the door.

 

“There are snacks in the third drawer on your right, help yourself if you are hungry” he says, and then he is out.

 

 

 

The class is strangely quiet when Chanyeol arrives, they had probably spotted him walking down the corridor, he apologises for the and with a smile he gives them three questions on the previous lesson to answer in the following hour. Everyone seems to feel the need to whine, but Chanyeol patience is very little today so he decides for once to play the very strict teacher card. For a moment he sees Lu Han laughing at him from the back rows, but collects himself.

 

“And yes, this will be part of your final mark so be quiet and start working”

 

While his students work in complete silence he tires to think, to find answers to the millions of questions that flow inside his mind, but all he manages to find are new questions.

 

 

-

 

 

When his last bell rings Chanyeol bolts out of his class with a brief goodbye and quickly makes his way towards the teachers' room. He struggles a bit with the door because of the pile of papers in his hands, but he manages not to drop anything.

Inside Kyungsoo is sitting on the windowsill with a paper cup of what could be tea in his hands and crumbles of biscuits on his lips. His eyes are already on the door, on Chanyeol, and Chanyeol can't help but feel a slight chill trailing on his back.

Lu Han is there, obviously, sitting at his desk and watching Kyungsoo curiously. When he spots Chanyeol, on the door he smiles, a knowing smile Chanyeol doesn't like one bit.

 

“I'm done” Chanyeol says, mostly to break the awkward silence. “We should go home”

 

Kyungsoo is quick to stand and walk over to Chanyeol who really hopes Lu Han hasn't caught on anything, he's too observant for anyone's good sometimes.

 

“Come visit again, Kyungsoo-yah” Lu Han says, waving cutely from his seat.

 

“See you tomorrow” Chanyeol interjects before either Kyungsoo or Lu Han can say anything more.

 

 

 

“What did you tell him?” Chanyeol asks once they are down the stairs.

 

“Aren't you curious to know what he told me?” Kyungsoo smirks, walking ahead and leaving Chanyeol to gape at him.

 

“Hey!” Chanyeol shouts, jogging to catch up with Kyungsoo's quick steps.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter