final

The Elite

author note : i'm sorry for the long wait. This is the oneshot you've been waiting for. I hope you like it and enjoy the oneshots. Please drop a comments and review the oneshots for me. Thank you! 

 


 

 

 

Park Chorong take a deep breath of the morning air. The sea that was spreading out in front of her was unbearable beautiful. She clutch onto her green cardigan. It true what people said, morning in Jeju will give you such a feeling that you want to wake up with it every morning. Chorong admit it. The white-blue sea and the white sand at the beach seems like they are one. It was a magical feeling to wake up by hearing the sound of waves. 

 

Chorong continue her walk, barefoot. Reminicing the beautiful scene in front of her, she remember why did she came here. 

 

flashback 

 

"Park Chorong, may I have a word with you?" Park Bo Il said to his daughter. 

 

"Yes, father" Chorong answer with formality as usual and follow him to the library. 

 

"Let me get this straight to the point, my dear daughter. I'm going to have an arranged marriage for you" 

 

"you what ?!" Chorong was suprised. Did his father just said that she need to get married !? 

 

"It's true. I will marry you off to one of the promising bachelor in Seoul" He said again. 

 

"What the hell are you trying to say here ? I object !" Chorong disagreed. 

 

"Language Park Chorong" He raise up his voice a bit but it echo through out the library. 

 

"It's time for you to get married. Besides, you should have been prepared for this. You're the only daughter of South Korea's President. What do you expect ? Do you think I would let you choose your own groom that I didn't know his background?" Park Bo Il start his lecture. 

 

"But father .. " 

 

"No but . Your wedding will be held by the end of this month, full stop. No argument needed. Off you go" He said, deciding on his daughter's future heartlessly. 

 

Chorong eyes start to form a tears. She clench her teeth and walk out of the library with a loud bang on the door. 

 

flashback ends. 

 

The next day she ask her father to let her off to Jeju Island to 'celebrate' her last days of being a single woman. He agreed and give Chorong one week and once she's back. She will start preparing for her wedding. 

 

Chorong was just too caught up with her thinking until she bump into someone. It was so hard until she fall on her . 

 

"oww !" she groan. 

 

"are you okay miss?" a sweet man voice echo through her ears. Chorong look up to see who it was. 

 

"Se-senior Kim" Chorong was shocked seeing her senior there. 

 

"Park Chorong ? Sorry .. here" Suho chuckle and offer his hands and help her to stand up. 

 

"What are you doing here senior Kim?" Chorong ask still with her formality. 

 

"Stop calling me sunbae. We're already graduated. Suho will be fine" Suho smile.

 

Chorong was blushing so hard that she want to hide her face from him now. Suho is her senior from Seoul University. They were in the same course and Suho was the first she met when she enter the university and also her first friend. Chorong had a feelings through out the years they spent at the university but then her father want her to continue her studies overseas and since then they lost contact to each other. Suho was very sad when Chorong leaved him because she never tell why did she had to move away. Besides, Chorong life was very secretful. She never tells him about her parents nor let him walk her until her doorsteps. When he decides that he want to take one step further on their relationship, that was the day she went off and he never had a chance to confess. 

 

"What are you doing here?" Suho  ask but notice that Chorong's face was already red. Suho chuckle and ruffle her head. 

 

"Just having a lonely walk, you?" Chorong manage to spit out a sentence without stuttering but she also suprise of what did he just do. 

 

"me too" Suho answer and for a seconds they fall in to silence. 

 

"Do you want to take a walk together?" Suho bravely ask. 

 

"sure" Chorong reply with a shy smile. 

 

"So, where have you been?" Suho start the conversation. it's been 4 years since they last meet and he was dying for explanation but it's not his nature to be impatient. 

 

"Europe. To further my studies" Chorong said without taking a glance of Suho's expression. 

 

" Thats it?" 

 

"Of course. What else should I do there" Chorong chuckle. 

 

"Who knows" He smile. 

 

"So, why are you here? I mean, the reason why you're here." he ask. 

 

"Do you want to have breakfast first ? My stomach already have a concert in here" Chorong rub her hungry stomach and Suho laugh because of her act. They walk side by side toward the resort cafe. They had buffet and take the table outside. She thought maybe Suho could listen to her worriness. At least, she had someone to talk to. 

 

Through the entire breakfast, they simple talk and laugh together. Remicsing the old days. 

 

"Do oyou want to take a look around the island? I rent a yatch before I came. Do you want to come?" Suho said as he put down his napkin. 

 

"sure, i would love to" Chorong also had finished her breakfast. They head to the yatch and Chorong was in awe. 

 

"you rent this ?" Chorong was suprised. Suho nod and help Chorong enter the yatch. 

 

"Not bad" Chorong said as she walk around the lower deck. 

 

After a minutes, the yatch start moving and Suho drive it around the island to see the beauty of the blue sea. After he felt that he finds a good place to sit and talk. He stops. He take Chorong up to the roof of the yatch. 

 

"It's so beautiful. So magical" 

 

"it is. just like you" he said slowly not wanting Chorong to hear. 

 

"What?" 

 

"nothing" Suho smile. They was in silent again. The cold breeze of the sea was really peaceful. Chorong close her eyes to feel the moment once in a lifetime. She might not have the chance to came here again because she will get married. Who knows what kind of person her husband is. 

 

"What brings you here?" Suho ask for the nth time as he cover Chorong's with a cardigan. Chorong open here eyes and look at him. 

 

"I'm getting married" Chorong said with a sad eyes. 

 

"T-that's good right? Why are you so sad?" Suho stutter. That was very shocking truth that he need to admit defeat. 

 

"It's an arranged marriage. I don't know him and he might don't know me. I don't love him. I don't want this marriage. I want to find a man that truly loves me. The one that have destined to be my soulmate. I want to find him not from this arranged marriage" there is tears in her eyes as she look deep in to his eyes. 

 

"then why are you not declining the marriage?" 

 

"I-i can't" Chorong stutter. She could never possibly tell Suho about her family because that was the protocol she needs to follow. 

 

"I understand" Suho was desperate to know the answers but he's not asking why. If only he is not in the same situation, he might confess to her right now and run away. 

 

"y-you understand?" Chorong suprised. She tought Suho would be asking her so many questions but he just calmly said he's understand. 

 

"because we're in the same boat" Suho said giving a meaningful stare at her. 

 

"what do you mean?" 

 

"i'm getting married too" Suho said without looking at Chorong. 

 

"y-you what?" Chorong want him to replay what he just said because she can't seems to interpret in her mind that the man she loves is getting married with someone else. 

 

"i'm getting married too. It's an arranged marriage. Just like you, i can't oppose. It's my grandfather wish" he said. 

 

"so, we're both came here to celebrate our last days of being single?" 

 

"kind of" he chuckle. 

 

"then let's do some fun things since we're here. There's a lot to do in Jeju. Let's enjoy ourself as much as possible because when we got back, there is no time for fun anymore" Chorong give her positive thinking opinion. Suho just smile and nod. After a while, they go back to the shore and have some evening meal since it's already 4 in the evening when they get back to the resort. 

 

For the last 4 days, they've spent so much time with each other. They laugh, cry and get mad but the four days they've spent together was very precious. 

 

And the vacation has come to an end. Chorong and Suho both are at the airport because their flight time is the same. Suho change his seat next to Chorong and once again, they spent their moments on the airplane with some small talk and listening to music. When they hope that the ride was still long, they've already arrived at Seoul. 

 

Both of them fall in to silent as they pull their luggage with them. They stop at the same time and look in front of them. A bit more to walk until they arrived at the arrival gate and it means a bit more to walk until they said their goodbye. 

 

"Thank you for the trip. It was very meaningful to me. I would cherish every moment we've spent together and i would never ever forget it. Thank you so much but this is our farewell" Chorong said looking at Suho. She was trying very hard not to cry. 

 

"Thanks to you too. If it's not for you, i might hang myself to death" he jokes. 

 

"But i guess we need to say our goodbyes here" he said. 

 

"y-yeah. Thank you and I'll pray for your happiness" Chorong give him a suprised hug. Suho hug her back. 

 

"You too. Have a happy marriage life" Chorong look up to see him and he did too. 

 

"May you find your happiness with him" Suho whisper and he bravely move forward and kiss her lips. If they're not meant to be, at least their first kiss is. As his lips touch hers, a tears rolling out of her eyes. 

 

"i'll go now" Chorong whisper again the kiss. Suho nod. 

 

He look at her as she walk further away from him. Maybe this is their fate. 

 

2 weeks has passed and tomorrow is her wedding. Everything is ready except her mental state. Ever since her last met with Suho, she can't stop thinking about him but for the sake of the marriage and his marriage. She stop herself from doing stupid things. 

 

Chorong look in front of the mirror. It hers with a wedding dress. The only missing was her smile. Her mother call and tell her to get ready in 5 minutes. Chorong walk out of the door and stand  behind her 5 bridemaids. She clutch into her flowers to ready herself. 

 

The wedding march song begin to play and the huge brown door open. Chorong just keep her head down because she didn't wish to see her husband. 

 

"Take care of her" She heard her father said and at that time, she look up and saw someone that she's been dying to see in 2 weeks time they've seperated. 

 

"S-suho sunbae" Chorong said softly. Suho was also suprised but still take her hands into his and look at her with a smile. 

 

The bride and the groom said their vow to each other and the priest annnounce them as husband and wife. 

 

Suho open the viel that cover Chorong's face. He moves forward. 

 

"You're the President's daughter" He said. 

 

"yes I am" She gives him a smile. 

 

"Did you find your soulmate ?" Suho ask again. 

 

"Yes, and he already became my husband" she said and suho give her a smile before they shared a sweet kiss. 

 

May your love bloom through out the wedding life you'll be going through ..