Meet The Family

Taemin's Family Reunion

After a short 90 minutes of driving. SHINee was finally at Taemin's hometown, and soon, at his parents' front door. Where Taemin grew up.

"Are you sure your ready for this guys?" Taemin asked again for the 100th time. "Yes, we are! You said there was children? I do very well with children. You know this? Don't you remember Yooguen?" Minho asked. "I was the best appa"

"Ahem, excuse me... But you are mistaken.. I was the best" Key said proudly. 

"Let's not argue about this now.. And I'll take care of the kids with Minho. I've gotten better at being around kids" Jonghyun smiled in the back seat.

"I'll try and handle the grandparents. I was practically raised by an old woman" Key sighed. 

"I'll try to help some how.. I don't know yet.. But some how" Onew giggled in the driver's seat

"Okay. Let's do this. For our maknae!" Key cheered. 

When they all got out of the car with haste. They looked up at the two story house. "Looks like an ordinary house to me" Onew annouced. "Yeah, that's what you think now!" Taemin whispered under his breath. 

Key knocked on the front door then shoved Taemin in front of the door while his hyungs stood behind him. The door finally opened and everyone saw Taesun, Taemin's older brother. His real hyung. "Taemin! So glad you finally made it!" Taesun elated letting him in. "And you brought the others! That's great!" Taesun added. "Hey Taesun! Nice to see you again" Onew smiled. "Nice to see you too!" Taesun smiled back. 

The group of boys followed Taemin into the kitchen, where Taemin's and Taesun's parents sit at the kitchen table. "Hello everyone! Welcome!" the man at the table stood and cheered. The six young men smiled and followed the parents to the couch so there was more room to sit down. "So, are we the first ones here?" Taemin asked his parents. "Yupp.. Taesun has been here all day with us to prepare and clean the house and make dinner for the rest of the family" Taemin's mother explained. "And if anyone is hungry now. We have fruit salad in the fridge. Would anyone lik--" she was cut off when Onew, Minho, and Jonghyun stood up at the thought of food.

"Me!" "Me me!" "Pick me, pick me!" the three hungry SHINee members cheered, jumping up and down. Taemin and Key hid their faces in embarrassment. "Why do you have to be so awkward?" Taemin thought in his mind 

While Jonghyun, Onew, and Minho were eating fruit in the kitchen, there was a knock at the door. Everyone froze

On the other side of the door, you could here little kids yelling and laughing. "There's oppa" Taemin's mother sighed and trudged to the door. Everyone in the house braced themselves for three little children. "Those little demons" Taemin growled under his breath. As soon as the door was opened, three little kids, two boys and one girl, trampled Taemin's mom and ran around the whole house. Upstairs and downstairs. "Umma!" Taemin gasped rushing to his mother's side. "I'm okay honey" she reassured her youngest son. 

"Glad you could make it, guys" she continued. In came a woman wearing a big heavy coat. "Aren't you hot?" Taemin's mother turned to her brother's wife. "It keeps germs off. So I will not take it off" she nodded and walked into the living room. Key heard this and chimed in. "You know, germs spread faster in warmer tempatures" Key said calmly. "WHAT?? MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE!!!" she screeched and took the huge jacket off in record time. She was wearing a pretty blue blouse underneath. 

"Is that true, hyung?" Taemin turned to Key and whispered in his ear. "I actually don't know.. It could be the other way around" Key said biting his lip. 

After his wife came Taemin's uncle, who was holding a cat.

"Oppa, what did I tell you about bringing your cats to our reunions? Taemin's pet dog still lives here and we can't have them fighting" she yelled at her cat obsessed brother. 

"I don't leave my house without one of my cats.. Besides, you should feel sorry for me. It was such a hard decision to make" he whined. "I've adopted five more cats since I've seen you last, sister" 

"Five?? How many cats do you have now?" Taesun asked. His uncle scratched his head and thought for a while. "Ehh.. I lost count at 30 something" he giggled. Key's and Taemin's eyes widened and their skin turned pale. 

"Well I guess that means less homeless cats??" Jonghyun said nervously, who was now in the living room, along with Onew and Minho. 

"YES! Finally someone who understands!" the uncle said, approaching Jonghyun at a rapid speed. His cat still in his arms. "Hi, I'm Cho  ___ ____. I'm guessing you like cats too, yes?" he asked Jonghyun while shaking his hand. "I do like cats" Jonghyun smiled. "How many do you own?" Taemin's uncle asked. "Uh. I don't. But I do have a pet dog. Her name is Roo" Jonghyun said

Mr. Cho froze. "Why? Something wrong?" Jonghyun asked. "Let's just say, don't ever come to my house with your dog. You'll never see her again..." Mr. Cho whispered in the Jonghyun's ear. Jonghyun face turned a ghostly pale color "O-okay" he gulped.

"Hi, there. I'm Choi Minho" Minho said to Mrs. Cho holding out his hand, hoping the woman would shake it. "May I ask... When was the last time you washed your hands?" she asked in almost a whisper. Minho looked over at Taemin, who was shaking his head and giving him a "Don't-even-try" look. 

"Uhh, about 20 minutes ago.." Minho said lowering his hand. "NONONONONO!!" she yelled and ran towards the window, ready to jump out of it. Taemin did a mental facepalm. "At least I'm not actually related to her" he thought in his mind.

After an awkward silence, there was three kids scrambling down the stairs again and looked at everyone, as if they were trying to pick someone out. "YOU!" the girl child yelled and pointed at Onew. 

"Me?" he said pointing to himself. Before they all knew it, the three kids were running full speed towards Onew. "Oh sweet baby black moses" he screamed in his head, bracing himself for impact.

In a split second, Onew was on the ground with three little children stepping on him and hitting him. Jonghyun and Key hesitated to try and pry the kids off of the leader, but didn't because they weren't their kids to touch. Everyone watched as Onew got jumped by Taemin's little cousins

Finally, Mrs. Lee decided to take action and take off all of the kids one by one. 

Onew finally made it to his feet. He had shoe marks on his clothes and on his face and his hair was a mess. "It's all good guys, I'm okay" he said breathing in and out furiously due to lack of air. 

After a while, the family got together and started to talk and catch up. While Taemin talked happily with his family, he left SHINee to entertain his cousins. They let the kids pull at their hair, play with their faces, tug at their clothes, and step on them. The other four SHINee members were a mess. And this was just the beginning. 

Mrs. Cho was in the middle of a funny story when everyone heard a car outside the house. It sounded like it was moving fast. When they all looked out the window, they saw a fast car drive down their street at full speed. It swerved out off in the wrong lane and totally took out the neighbor's mailbox. Everyone gasped in horror while the car drove around in the neighbor's front lawn and finally make it on the rode again. Then the car finally made it to a halt right in front of the house, slightly parked on the sidewalk. 

"I'm guessing that's your grandparents" Minho said looking over Taemin, who was sitting beside him. 

Taemin only sighed and closed his eyes

"Yeah"

The five SHINee members continued to listen closely outside the window. 

"GET OUTTA THE CAR YOU LAZY WOMAN! IT DOESN'T SLOW DOWN ANY MORE THAN THIS!!!"

"DAMMNIT, YOU KNOW I'M SLOW. DEAL WITH IT YOU OLD FART!!!"

"WHO YOU CALLING AN OLD FART?? YOU LITERALLY FART DUST!!!"

"WHAAAAT??"

"I SAID... YOU'RE SO OLD, YOU FART DUUUUUST!"

"WHAAAAT??"

Taemin turned back around to his family and sank into the couch. "Lord help us all" he thought in his head. 

Finally, they made it to the door and rang the doorbell. "AHHH! YOUR DOORBELL IS TOO DAMN LOUD!!!" the old man screeched. 

 Key was lost in thought when he remembered what he said 

FLASHBACK

"I'll try and handle the grandparents. I was practically raised by an old woman"

END OF FLASHBACK

Key gulped and his sudden realization. "Oh god.. I hope Taemin doesn't remember--" "Hyung.. You can handle them, right?" Taemin turned to Key and asked. "So this is the day I die" Key thought in his head.

"Umma, Appa. It's so nice to see you again" Mr. Lee said to his parents. "WHAT?" Mrs. Lee senior screamed. Obviously her hearing was very very bad. "I said it's nice to see you again!!" Mr. Lee raised his voice. Mr. and Mrs. Lee senior looked into the living room to see the crowd of people. They saw Taemin and Taesun, the three children, Mrs. Lee, Mr. and Mrs. Cho, and four other boys that they didn't recognize.

"Yah, since when did you have four more kids??" Mrs. Lee senior growled. "Umma, those are just a few of Taemin's friends!!!" Mr. Lee yelled in her ear. Mr. Lee senior walked into the room and saw the four SHINee boys. "YAH!!!" he yelled angrily. "WHY IS YOUR HAIR THAT COLOR, BOY??" Mr. Lee senior screamed in Jonghyun's face. "It's dyed, sir. This isn't my real hair color" Jonghyun said trying not to sound nervous

"Ehh? Dyed? I DON'T SPEAK GERMAN BOY!!! AND YOU!" Mr. Lee senior said turning his attention towards Onew. "WHY IS YOUR HAIR THAT COLOR???" he screamed at Onew, which made the leader jump. "I- uh.. I.. Uhhhm." Onew tried to explain the reason why is hair was red and not black. Like a normal Korean. 

"You see, sir. My dad married an American, and my mom is a redhead. So I was born with this hair" Onew said smoothly, even though it was a lie. "Good one, Jinki" Onew thought in his head. Mr. Lee senior gave him a weird look. "YAH! I'M NOT STUPID!!! THIS IS FAKE!" he screamed in Onew's face and pulled at his hair.

"Kyaaa---!" Onew yelled in discomfort. "Grandpa! Stop hurting my friends!" Taemin yelled, standing behind his grandfather.

"YAH LEE TAEMIN! YOUR HAIR HAS GOTTEN TOO LONG! YEOBO, GET ME SOME SCISSORS! WE'RE GUNNA CUT TAEMIN'S HAIR. YOU TOO! GET UP BOY!" Mr. Lee senior said pulling Key off the couch.

"But sir! I like my hair!" Key sobbed. 

"Appa! Enough! Let the kids go" Mr. Lee came up behind his father and pulled him away from Key and Taemin. "Aigooo. Fine" the old man grumbled. Taemin looked over at Key, who looked like he was about to cry. "You're not good with old people, are you.." Taemin sighed. "No.. Not really" Key whined. Mrs. Lee senior came running into the living room with a pair of scissors in both of her hands. She looked around the room. "What? I thought we were gunna cut some hair!!" she yelled at everyone

Finally the atmosphere started to cool down and everyone was sitting down in the room. "YAH!! WHY IS YOUR HAIR THAT COLOR BOY??" Taemin's grandpa asked Jonghyun for the tenth time tonight. He had Alzheimer's, so he kept forgetting that he had asked Jonghyun already. But Jonghyun understood and answered his question again calmly. "Sir, this isn't my really hair color. It's been dyed" he said again. "Ehh? What does dyyyyyed mean?" Mr. Lee senior asked him. 

Before Jonghyun could explain, Mrs. Lee emerged from the kitchen. "Dinner is ready everyone" she chirped with a smile on her face. 

 

WHOOOOO! Hopefully I can get this fic done by Taemin's birthday :D That would be nice.