Chocolate Cake

Them

 

 

 

                "Hyung…" Jongin said. "I'm hungry. Could you cook something, please?..."

 

                Kyungsoo looked at the whiny young boy. Just when he had started reading an interesting novel… Sometimes Kyungsoo felt like a slave. "Now? Why don't you just eat some biscuits? They're in the fridge..."

 

                Jongin mustered up all his aegyo and used a cute pout, hoping it would persuade his boyfriend. "Oh please, hyung... Please please please!" he begged. "I love it when you cook...it's a billion times better than biscuits!"

 

                Kyungsoo sighed in resignation. The main problem with Jongin was that he could be so adorable that it was hard to resist. "Fine," he said, putting his book back on the bedside table and getting up. "What would you like to eat?"

 

                Jongin thought for a minute or two. "I don't know, what can you prepare?"

 

                The smaller boy shrugged and opened a cupboard once he arrived in the kitchen. "There's chocolate," he said, grabbing a bar. He knew it was Jongin's favourite brand. "And I reckon there are a few eggs left in the fridge. Look, I – yes, there's enough flour – I could bake a chocolate cake."

 

                The younger boy cracked a wide grin. Kyungsoo's cakes were always tasty. "Awesome!" he exclaimed. Kyungsoo smiled at his happy face, then he nodded to himself mechanically and got all the ingredients out of the cupboards.

 

                "Can I help?" asked Jongin, earning a slight embarrassed frown from the elder boy.

 

                "Er...thank you, Jongin-ah, but..." he began. "I'd rather you didn't. Thank you, though..."

 

                Jongin laughed and rubbed the back of his head nervously. "Ah, you're probably right, I shouldn't do anything!" he said.

 

                Kyungsoo and him and they chuckled as they recalled the last time they had cooked together. Jongin so much at it that he had ruined everything. And honestly, Kyungsoo hadn't really liked the little bits of unidentified whitish stuff inside of the muffins. Nor had he found the weird, sticky, way-too-sweet icing...good. Actually, it had been disgusting.

 

                "It will definitely be safer if you do it by yourself," Jongin added with a little smile. Kyungsoo shook his head with a laugh, and broke the chocolate in pieces. As he was about to put them in a bowl with butter to melt them with the butter, he grabbed one of the squares and, holding it between his index and his thumb, went to Kai.

 

                The tall boy was sitting on the working surface. Kyungsoo threw him a slight smirk and, motioning him to open his mouth, delicately the chocolate piece in it. Jongin closed his mouth around his fingers, causing the small boy to flush.

 

                "Here, eat that to wait," Kyungsoo said, turning away in embarrassement. Jongin smiled at him, enjoying the deep taste of the chocolate inside his mouth.

 

                "Thanks for feeding me, hyung," he replied. Kyungsoo bent down over the working surface to hide his reddening cheeks. Jongin always chose the right words to make him blush. He shook his head and went back to the chocolate cake.

 

                Okay, the chocolate and the butter were melting... With his usual dexterity, Kyungsoo broke the eggs in a second, wider bowl, and beat them with the sugar.  It produced a light, pale and frothy layer of bubbles. After quickly removing the chocolate and the butter from heat he added the flour to the egg and sugar mixture.

 

                Jongin kept staring at him, looking forward to eating the cake. With a smirk, he climbed down the working surface and silently walked to Kyungsoo, who was then blending the content of the two bowls, deeply absorbed. The younger boy got close to him and mischievously slid his hand under his shirt. Although he kept stirring, Kyungsoo smiled.

 

                "Hmm? What are you doing here, Kim Jongin?" he asked casually. The taller boy wrapped his arms around his waist. Kyungsoo giggled.

 

                "You're hot when you cook, hyung," Jongin said.

 

                "Only when I cook?" the other boy pouted, causing him to laugh. Kyungsoo shivered lightly, feeling his breath on his neck.

 

                "Of course not," Jongin whispered. "You're always hot."

 

                The smaller boy turned around and pecked his full lips. He looked at him for a couple of seconds. "Actually, I think you can help," he said. Jongin's face brightened even more. He beamed. "There", continued Kyungsoo, opening a cupboard and grabbing a small jar. He held it in front of the younger's eyes. "This is my secret ingredient. What makes the cake special."

 

                Jongin looked at the jar with a puzzled air. It seemed to contain a few little black almonds. "What is this?" he asked.

 

                "Tonka beans," answered Kyungsoo with a smile. "It will give a special taste, you'll see. Now grate it," he added, handing him a grater. Jongin tilted his head, but took it nevertheless. He grabbed one of the beans in the jar – a powerful smell was given off when he opened it.

 

                Kyungsoo mimicked the movement of rubbing an imaginary bean against an imaginary grater, and Jongin imitated him with the real ones. A black powder fell into the bowl. Kyungsoo stirred the dough as Jongin kept grating. But a few seconds later, he stopped him.

 

                "Okay, that's enough," he said, and giggled as the younger boy raised his eyebrows – he had barely grated half the bean. "It's very strong, you know," he explained. Jongin nodded and put it back in the jar, glad of having been able to help. He fetched a baking tin and handed it to Kyungsoo, who grinned.

 

                "Thanks, Jongin-ah," Kyungsoo. He bent towards the taller boy – or actually, rather stood on tiptoe to reach his face and kiss him tenderly. Jongin smiled into the kiss. After placing greaseproof paper in the tin, Kyungsoo poured the dough into it.

 

                While the younger boy put the dishes in the dishwasher, he put the cake in the oven. It would bake for about twenty minutes. Smiling with a satisfied air, Kyungsoo turned around and looked at Jongin.

 

                "Thank you for helping me," he said. The taller boy beamed and walked to him. He wrapped both his arms around Kyungsoo's petite body, and sort of cradled him from right to left as he shifted from one feet to the other. The elder boy smiled at him sweetly. "I prepared a cake, I think I deserve at least one more kiss…" he whispered, and Jongin complied gladly.

 

                As their lips started to brush before getting locked, Kyungsoo felt at least a hundred of butterflies in his stomach. The kiss became more heated and he felt a warm hand sneak down his pants. He threw Jongin a reproachful glance, but couldn't help smiling slyly.

 

                "Come on, can't you wait until the cake is ready?" he asked. The other boy pouted childishly.

 

                "But –" he began.

 

                "You'll need a lot of energy," Kyungsoo smirked, patting the tip of his nose with his index. Jongin stuck out his tongue.

 

                "No…" he whined. But right then, the oven emitted two short 'beeps'. Kyungsoo turned towards it.

 

                "See? It didn't take long," he said to Jongin. Said boy grinned and bent down to look inside the oven greedily.

 

                "Shall I get it out?" he asked, almost ceremoniously. Kyungsoo nodded, and after putting oven gloves on, Jongin opened the door of the oven, took the cake and put it on the working surface.

 

                "It looks good," he said, and the elder boy hummed in response. After throwing him a wide grin, Jongin fetched two plates and two little spoons. "Let's eat it," he said enthusiastically. Kyungsoo smiled. Actually, he hadn't been hungry when Jongin had asked him to cook, but then his stomach was starting to feel empty.

 

                As they sat down at the table, he took a knife and cut the cake. It was soft, very soft inside, but the top was crisp, and it produced a little cracking sound that made Jongin's mouth water. Kyungsoo smirked as he watched the younger boy his lips.

 

                "What?" moaned Jongin. "Come on, I'm hungry!"

 

                The other boy silently put two pieces of cake in the plates and handed him one.

 

                "Thank you!" exclaimed Jongin, and he started to eat right away, under Kyungsoo's amused eyes. And he opened his eyes wide in amazement. "It's awesome, hyung!" he said. "There's a taste of...of – is that the Tonka bean?"

 

                Kyungsoo smiled and nodded, taking a small bite of cake.

 

                "It's great," finished Jongin. "And thank you for preparing a cake."

 

                The elder boy beamed. "No, it's nothing, I knew you were hungry. Thank you for helping," he said. The cake was quickly finished – Kyungsoo ate two pieces and Jongin five. But few minutes later, the young, capricious boy wanted something else again.

 

                "Hyung," he started," can you give me a hug?"

 

                Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow in puzzlement but smiled and got up nevertheless. He walked to the taller boy and giggled slightly before wrapping his arms around his neck and – all of a sudden, Jongin grabbed his waist and sat him on his lap. With a big grin, he cupped Kyungsoo's chin and kissed him passionately.

 

                "I love you, hyung," he whispered. The smaller boy couldn't help tightening his grip on Jongin's shirt. He wanted to hug him and kiss him and laugh. It sounded kind of clichéd, but the kisses they shared then had a wonderful taste of chocolate. As if it had given its flavour to their mouths.

 

                He tightened up his arms around Jongin's neck and snuggled up to him. The younger boy moved his knees up and down, causing Kyungsoo to giggle as he was literally bouncing on his lap. He beamed even more at the sight of the heart-shaped smile that widened on the elder's face. It was definitely Jongin's favourite smile.

 

                Jongin slid his hand under Kyungsoo's shirt and massaged his soft skin. Bit by bit, the random movements his fingers were making became more precise, and he started to draw little, then larger circles. And the circles turned into hearts as their hug went on. Kyungsoo felt his head become dizzy when Jongin's hand travelled down his back.

 

                " 't’are you doing now, Jongin-ah?..." he whispered dreamily, high on Jongin's caresses. And Jongin shivered when he felt his breath in his ear.

 

                "Me? Nothing," he pretended to deny. "I'm just checking you're still the same down there."

 

                Kyungsoo felt a heavy blush creep to his cheeks at the naughty reply. He pouted but couldn't help giggling. "Don't worry, I haven't changed," he retorted very low. Jongin let out a hearty laugh.

 

                "Good!" he said. With a big grin, he stood up all of a sudden, and Kyungsoo almost fell – but he managed to hang on Jongin's neck with is arms and not to let go, by clasping his legs around his waist.

 

                "Are you crazy?" he exclaimed. The younger boy chuckled and playfully turned around, somehow waltzing with a laughing Kyungsoo. The latter clung tight on Jongin, slightly afraid he might fall.

 

                "Stop, Jongin!" he said, but his snorts made his feigned anger lose all its credibility. The taller boy, who held his waist firmly but gently, was howling with laughter. Suddenly he brought Kyungsoo's forehead against his then gave him a chaste kiss.

 

                "I love you so much, hyung," he whispered. And each one of his words were true. The elder boy flushed a little.

 

                "How can you be so erted, and so cheesy the next second?" he asked. Jongin pouted, and Kyungsoo yearned to kiss his full lips but managed to restrain himself.

 

                "Don't you love me?" the younger whined, pretending to be hurt. Kyungsoo shook his head with a giggle.

 

                "You silly child. Of course I do."

 

                Jongin beamed in delight and spun around once or twice more before carrying him to the bedroom, placing light kisses everywhere on his neck. Kyungsoo was all smiles, whispering sweet words in the younger's ears, until the both lied down on the bed.

 

                And Jongin did use a lot of energy.

 

 

 


 

 

 

A/N: Fluff. Fluff, fluff, fluff. I feel like puking, this chapter is really crappy. Forgive me ._.

Anyway I hope you liked it more than the previous one (lol)!

Thank you for reading. Please do comment and/or subscribe, it would make me the happiest person on Earth :') ♥

(Sorry if there are any mistakes.)