We will fall

Them

 

 

Music:

Burning (In A Time Lapse) - Ludovico Einaudi

 

 

 

                Kyungsoo blinks and gazes at the immensity of the sea below him, right at the bottom of the huge cliff he’s standing on. The sun is terribly burning today, in the end of August. Its beams, that are still bright and hot although they’re getting tired of having shone all the day, meet the water in an explosion of shockingly bright reflections. It’s almost blinding. Kyungsoo sighs after having taken his time to enjoy the spicy and salty fragrance of the sea. He turns around to face Jongin and looks at him very seriously.

 

                “This can’t work anymore, Jongin-ah,” he says as gently as he can. He doesn’t want to hurt Jongin. He already knows it will be hard. Jongin truly loves him, he knows that too. And that’s what will make their break-up complicated. Kyungsoo looks at Jongin, waiting for an answer. But the tall boy’s eyes widen; they are like two little suns, that glow on their own too and emit a bright light despite their brown colour.

 

                “What do you mean?” he whispers, and his voice melts with the sound of the waves crashing against the cliff.

 

                “Us,” Kyungsoo replies. “I mean that we can’t be together anymore. We have to break up,” he says neutrally, maybe hoping it will sound less shocking, and purposefully avoiding Jongin’s eyes because deep inside, he feels slightly ashamed, enough to make him blush. And when he does, it’s not just by decency. His cheeks flush a little. So do Jongin’s.

 

                “This is why you wanted me to come here…” Jongin says very low. Kyungsoo nods and looks at the sea again. Soon, the sun will meet the horizon and dive into the water to be extinguished like a giant candle. It’s a shame, Kyungsoo thinks, because had the situation been different, it would have been an extremely romantic sight. Right now, the only thing he can feel is guilt. “Kyungsoo…” Jongin goes on. But Kyungsoo shakes his head.

 

                “I’ve made a decision,” he says simply. And it’s true. “I’m sorry, but this is over.”

 

                He looks at Jongin for a long time, and even if he tries to ignore the horrible sound that his heart produces when it shatters into a thousand pieces as he sees sadness and sorrow and despair flash in Jongin’s pupils, Kyungsoo feels sorry for hurting him. Though, after glancing at the sea one last time, he whispers, “Goodbye, Jongin. I hope you’ll find someone who will love you as much as you deserve it.”

 

                And he turns around.

 

                As he is about to walk away, a hand grabs his arm. Kyungsoo looks back at Jongin with a frown. “Please, don’t leave, please…” the tall boy whispers. His eyes are watering, and again, Kyungsoo ends up thinking they’re like the real sun, plunging into the water. Into a sea of tears. “I love you, Kyungsoo… I don’t want anybody else than you… Don’t leave me like this, you can’t do that… Please…”

 

                “I’m sorry, but I said I had made a decision,” Kyungsoo replies, trying to free himself from Jongin. He knows he’s being incredibly cruel and rude, but the only thing he wants to do is to walk away and leave Jongin alone. He moves a little. But the blonde boy’s hand tightens around his arm.

 

                “I beg you… Kyungsoo…” he pleads, tears rolling down on his cheeks. Real tears. Round, shiny, heavy translucent tears. Kyungsoo wants to close his eyes to escape from that heart-breaking sight. He takes a step backwards to walk away but Jongin still holds his arm.

 

                “Please let go of me,” he says warily.

 

                “Don’t leave…” Jongin sobs, surely deafened by his sadness. Kyungsoo tries to get free but he fails. Jongin wraps his arms around him and hugs him tight, clumsily, like a baby holding his mother desperately before she leaves. He even tries to rest his head on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. But the smaller boy pushes him away.

 

                “Don’t touch me, please,” he says, stepping back. Jongin walks towards him again, his eyes pleading and shining with the tears that reflect the sun more than ever.

 

                “Kyungsoo…” he whispers. He opens his arms a little, and Kyungsoo moves backwards. He is starting to feel afraid. He wants to run away. Jongin grabs his other wrist gently but firmly.

 

                “Let go of me!” Kyungsoo replies, this time louder; but his voice shakes and trembles. He steps back again but Jongin is still gripping him. With energy, Kyungsoo struggles to free himself. But the more he moves, the closer Jongin gets to him. Kyungsoo is scared.

 

                “Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo, please don’t leave me…” Jongin repeats endlessly, shaking him from time to time. Kyungsoo fights back, tries to push him aside, but he doesn’t succeed; he is too febrile. Jongin will not let go of him.

 

                Then he glances over his shoulder and his heart skips a beat. They’re standing much too close to the edge of the cliff. Much too close. And suddenly, as if he could foresee the future, Kyungsoo knows. He knows what is going to happen.

 

                As much to escape from his fate as to escape from Jongin, he struggles more than ever. But Jongin’s hands seem to be made of steel although his deep voice sounds soft and begging. “Kyungsoo…”

 

                Kyungsoo doesn’t want this. He doesn’t want this, but they’re too caught in their stupid little fight and they’re stepping towards the edge, closer and closer and closer. Jongin doesn’t seem to have noticed that. Or maybe he has and that’s what he wants, Kyungsoo thinks insanely.

 

                For long minutes, they keep fighting, one trying to escape while the other only wants to hold him back. Kyungsoo doesn’t look back again, because he’s too scared, but he knows they’ve almost reached the edge. He keeps struggling, but he cannot step back anymore. He cannot. But Jongin is getting too close. “Kyungsoo…”

 

                Kyungsoo steps back.

 

                His breath is taken away and his heart stops beating when he doesn’t feel anything but emptiness under his feet. No more rock, no more grass. Just emptiness. He opens his eyes wide in horror, and all he can see right now is Jongin’s face shining like the sun. Jongin looks shocked too, almost surprised, as if Kyungsoo had just said something funny. His lips are parted and contorted in a weird grimace.

 

 

 

 

                Kyungsoo felt his body swing backwards smoothly. He didn’t try to grab or hang on to something. He couldn’t. Time seemed to have stopped for a split second. All was frozen, unmoving. Everything had fallen silent: the seagulls, the waves, and even the wind. Everything. Except Kyungsoo’s heartbeats. They were resonating in his ears like horrible drums.

 

 

 

                And then the fall began.

 

 

 

                Kyungsoo fell.

 

 

 

                He was going to drag Jongin down with him.

 

 

 

 

                Kyungsoo saw the rocks rolling under Jongin’s shoes as if they were diabolic little creatures pushing him towards the void. And it worked, of course; Jongin slipped. Dragged forwards by Kyungsoo’s weight, he dived into the void. They were linked, thanks to Jongin’s hands gripping his wrist and his arm. They fell together, at the same time, like in slow motion.

 

                It was certainly the most horrible thing that Kyungsoo had even experienced. It was horrible – he could do nothing, he couldn’t hang on to anything, and everything was out of control.

 

                Strangely, he didn’t see his whole life flash before his eyes. The only thing that he saw was Jongin’s face, his glowing eyes and his expression of mild surprise. Jongin had never shone so bright. His blonde hair seemed to have ignited, surely hit by a little sunbeam. It was terrifying, almost, Kyungsoo thought.

 

                Somehow, they held gazes as they fell, during all the fall. They were going to die together.

 

                Of course they were going to die.

 

                It seemed to last an eternity. Kyungsoo thought he almost could have the time to say something – but what? There was nothing to be said. So he kept gazing at Jongin, waiting for the end to come. The rocks in the sea were getting closer to Jongin and Kyungsoo – or rather was it Jongin and Kyungsoo who were getting closer to them.

 

                There were only a few seconds left. Kyungsoo blinked once. Jongin was still holding him. Jongin was still looking at him. He didn’t dare to free himself, nor did he dare to look away. He was like mesmerised by everything: his blonde hair, his brown eyes, the face of the boy he had been wishing to abandon. And the thought that they were going to die.

 

                And when they met the rocks, they were still looking at each other.

 

 

 

 

              They died outright – Kyungsoo’s neck broke and Jongin’s spine was smashed into a lot of pieces. Their dislocated bodies remained over the blood-stained rocks, a few seagulls coming to land next to them, like attracted by the smell of death, until the waves came caress them gently like a mother’s hand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                And the sea took them away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 A/N: It's strange, I know. Sorry for double character death... It was the first Kaisoo I posted on AFF (even if it's not the first one I wrote) and I don't know why but it looked like it had to be sad! Forgive me.

The drabbles and oneshots...they won't all be like this, I promise!

I hope you liked it, though. Thank you for reading. Please comment, I like feedback :) ♥

 

P.S. : Next drabble will surely be posted on Thursday or Friday~