His Prisoner

His Prisoner

Imagine this story was set in 1800 something :)

 

 

The dim moonlight enlightened the room through the bar holed up there. There’s a lifeless figure laid at the corner of the dim, smelly and wet room, waited for her death in any time. She’s only could stare at the night sky through the hole with her pitied eyes. Her hair was long but messy meanwhile her white gown was dirty and there’s part that already ripped down. She could hear the rats ran at the other side of the room but she just ignored it. She’s no more scared with those rats plus she thought, she was like them too. Abandoned in a small and dark room, she was like a corpse. The sun was her friend in the day meanwhile the moon became her sleep companion in the night.

Her skin wasn’t fair like before anymore. Her plump cheeks weren’t plump anymore. Her tears already dried for a long time. She raised her hand and looked at it and she only saw the bone with blank expression. She couldn’t feel any pain or hurt anymore. She was like an empty host that doesn’t have any soul. She’s not Seo Joo Hyun, the prettiest belle in the town anymore. Her beloved one had turned her down and ripped her heart forever. He took away her love and freedom and made her as his prisoner.

 

     “Loved you destroyed me.”

 

-

 

Kris sat on the chair at the balcony while read a book. It was full moon on that sorrow night. The breeze slowly brushed off his bare skin. Sometimes, his eyes kept glancing at the high tower and continued read back his book. Gifted with a perfect feature and ‘full pocket’, he’s full of packaged and became ‘le knight in shining amour’ for every woman in the town. Every night, he’s always changing his sleep companion but in his deep heart, she’s still there, a queen of his heart.

But for tonight, he doesn’t feel like to enjoy his sweet dream with anyone. He wants to be alone, enjoyed his night. Again, he’s longing for her but he knew, he couldn’t make her as his woman. Her heart doesn’t belong to him. He sighed and put down his book. He stood at the balcony and stared at the high tower for a long time.

 

     “Why did you do this to me, Joohyun? It’s hurt. Here, I’m hurt.” He punched his left chest and clenched his jaw. He face palm and shouted in depressed. He loved her for a long time, since they’re little kids. But, his absence made their relationship face a hard situation. His comeback made her heart changing even she’s kept denying about it. He felt his world turned upside down when he’s tried to take away his lover from him. And because of that, he locked her at the top of the tower. He’s really loved her, he couldn’t lose her. He’s doing something for good. He’s scared he would come back and take her again.

He dashed into his room and took his robe. He wants to visit her, he missed her so much. He quickly ran to the downstairs and took an oil lamp and enlightened it. He searched for door’s key in the closet, near the shoes closet. He dashed out from the not-so big mansion and headed to the tower. It took 10 minutes walked to the tower. His eyes kept glancing to the right and left side while speed his pace.

He slowly made steps, climbing the stairs. It was cold inside the tower and he’s only in his pajama and robe. When he reached at the top, his heart thumped hardly. His sweat wet his forehead. He shoved the key through the keyhole and unlocked it. He slowly went inside and lightened the room with the oil lamp. He saw her laid at the corner while stared blankly at the hole up there. He walked towards her lifelessly. His legs were shaking and in the same time he couldn’t bear to look at her in that state. But he doesn’t have any options. Lock her or lose her, he had choose to lock her so he won’t lose her again.

 

     “Joohyun.” His voice trembled as his legs too. But it doesn’t have any responds from her. He put the oil lamp and sat beside his lover.

 

     “Joohyun.” He called out for once again, hoped for her to give response. But she’s ignored him and continued stared at the night sky, acted like there’s no one beside her.

 

He didn’t give up. He touched her thin hands with his tremble hand. He could felt her rough, cold and part that made his heart cried was her hand became thinner. He looked at the other side of the room, where’s the rats busied eating her food that he put at the dusk, when the sun went down.

 

     “Why did you do this to me Joohyun?” His voice was shaking as he asked her. But she’s still in the same state, didn’t let out any voice. He sighed heavily and looked into her eyes, there’s no more her crystal clear eyes. He’s let out his cried in front of her for a very first time, showed he’s really heartbroken. At last, she looked at him and slowly, her shaking hands touched his. She just shook her head slowly when he looked at her with his teary eyes.

 

     “You’re the one who made me like this. You never show that you love me. I didn’t run away with him for no reason nor because I loved him, but I don’t want to hurt you anymore. Why did you marry me if you didn’t love me? I’m always loved you but you didn’t realize it. But now I’m realized, my love had poisoned myself. Loved you, destroyed me Kris.” As she spilled out what she wants, she continued stare at the sky while smile faintly. It’s true, she’s really loved him, but he’s the one who didn’t realize it. He’s always kept a distance between her and himself. He’s always left her alone.

 

     “You may go. My tears have no more for you.” It was her last statement before she closed her eyes. Her wished was granted, she wants to see him before she ‘go’. Kris sobbed like a little child when heard her words. He’s the one who blind before this. He loved her very much but he couldn’t express it in the right way. As soon her hands fell from his, Kris looked at her with fear. He didn’t want what he thought to be real.

 

     “Joohyun! Joohyun! Wake up! Joohyun please wake up!” He shook her thin and weak body but there’s no response from her. Her eyes already shut tightly when Kris shook her again. Kris hugged her while cried his heart out.

 

     “Wu Joohyun. Please wake up I’m begging you, love. Please wake up for me. You love me right, love? Please. I love you Joohyun. I love you.” His begging voices could make any heart cry. He kept kissing her crown and her face. His tears wet her face. How much for him to beg, she won’t wake up anymore.

 

     “I’m sorry, loved me destroyed you forever. I’m killed you from inside isn’t it? But I’m promise I’ll love you forever, till we meet again, Seo Joo Hyun. I’m promise.”

 

He stood and lifted her in his arms gently, brought her to their house with his tears strolled down on his cheeks and dripped on her face. The breeze welcomed them freely. The moon became their love witness. His lover and the light of his life was gone, left him forever.

 

 

 

-

 

*so how was it?