ONE

Please Don't Hate Me

Suzy 's POV

"Suzy can you give my design portfolio to Professor Park ?"

"No, she can't. She promised me to photocopy my papers !"

"Relax guys. On my way to the photocopy room, I can drop the portfolio to Mr. Park's desk."  I sad as I took the book from Minah and carried it alongside the papers Hyerim told me to photocopy.

"You are the best !" Minah gave me a thumb up. I smiled at her and walked out from the classroom.  I didn't let my smile fell from my face because I needed it to greet the people who greeted me throughout the hallway.

"Hi, Suzy !"

"You're helping your friends again ? You're really a good person."

I smiled to them as a sign of appreciation of their compliments. As you can see, I was quite well-known in the campus .  I was labeled as 'Goody Sunshine' ; 'Goody' was because I always helped people, 'Sunshine' because I always looked happy and I always smiled.  But they just didn't know.

I dropped off Minah's portfolio design to Professor Park's table before heading to the photocopy room. I knocked the door and entered the room.

"Good afternoon Mr. Carter. Can you photocopy these papers for my friend ?" I asked brightly as I handed the papers over to Mr. Carter.

"Again ? Almost every day you asked me to photocopy for your friend. Why don't your friends come here and get their papers photocopied by themselves ?"

"Well, they're busy." I let out a fake chuckled. They weren't busy , they were just being a lazy . Mr. Carter shook his head, not buying my lies.

After I received the photocopied papers, I went back to the classroom and gave it back to Hyerim. I sat down as I listened about the upcoming festival that the student-designed major would organize. They were excited about it. I was excited about it too , but a part of me also didn't want it to happen.  If there was an event going on, that would mean that I will have more works to do.

"Suzy ,let's go. It's already 3 PM. You don't want to miss the assembly about the event right ?" Hyerim said as she got ready to leave the classroom. I stood up as well, carrying my beige backpack with me.

 

~~**~~

 

"Oh My God, I can't for the upcoming arts festival. It's going to be fun !" Min squealed with excitement.

"Yeah me too." Fei said as she flashed a smile.  "Have you thought about who are going to be our models for the runaway ?"

"Hara mentioned that Chanyeol is confirmed to be one of the models. Since Chanyeol and Kai are friends, Hara asked Chanyeol to persuade Kai to be their models. Too bad, Kai rejected it." I already expect Chanyeol and Kai being offered to be their models. They both passed the height requirement, they were popular, and they were handsome.

"But I am really hoping Kai to be one of the models." Fei wailed.

"Even Hara , the girl who is dubbed to be the prettiest girl in the arts & design faculty,  couldn't bring him to be our models. I too think that it is a disappointment."  Min sighed. "But oh well, what can we do ? Kai didn't like to be forced. He only do things that he wants to do."

"That's right." Min groaned in disappointment. She kept quiet for a while, looking at her cappuccino. Suddenly, she jerked her head at me, staring at me with a big smile spread across her face. Her eyes were sparkling and that made me somehow terrified. What did she think about ?

"Hara might be the prettiest in our major. But, Suzy is the most popular and the kindest in our major. Who knows that Suzy's good deeds touched Kai's heart. So when Suzy asked him to be our model, Kai would agree."

"What ?! No ! That's ridiculous !" I almost screamed at her. I slammed the table as I rose up from my seat. `

"That's right !" Fei snapped her fingers. She held my right hand and enclosed it with her palms. She looked at me with her puppy eyes, practically begging me on doing it. "Please Suzy ? who knows you Kai would want to do it.  Please ?"

"No ! That's impossible ! I don't know him ! No - Wait. I do know him but I never talk to him ! " I waved my hands and reasoned out, fumbling with my words.

"You never know if you don't try it right ? If Kai and Chanyeol agree on being our model, our fashion show will definitely be a huge success Please Suzy ? We're friends right ? You will do it right ?" Min pleaded while emphasizing the word 'phrase'. I felt burdened by it and I nodded distantly.

"You are really the best , Suzy-ah ! Go for it !" Fei cheered for me.  She released her grip on my right hand and applauded for me. I slowly sat down to my seat and gave them a thin smile. Why did I agree doing it ? Why couldn't I say no to them ? Suzy-ah , you're really asking for it.

 


 

Hi ! The first chapyer is out. This is my first time writing from the 1st person POV. Enjoy ~ Sorry if this chapter is a crap.