Coming Into A Realization

United From Seperation
 “Hey...hold on...” Sandara suddenly blurted out as she paused from looking through a Vogue magazine to look up Dara who was having a small conversation with Chaerin and Youngbae at the long counter top that separated the kitchen from the living room.
 
 
What?” Dara asked as she looked back, turning around with her rotating chair that's planted on the ground.
 
 
Where's the ?” Sandara asked as she raised her eyebrows at Dara with a small pout.
 
 
Look around, it's everywhere,” Seungri mumbled to himself, earning a slap on the back of his head from Daesung.
 
 
They were both sitting on two bean bags, that's situated two yards away from the TV and in front of the sofa, where Sandara, Jiyong, and Minzy are seated on, in between two small sofas. (Did that even make sense? Oh gosh.)
 
 
You mean Youngbae?” Dara asked as she raised her eyebrows, while Sandara nodded as an answer. Everyone looked over at where Youngbae is sitting at, who looked uncomfortable in his own seat.
 
 
The blab mouth was about to speak when he earned a small light slap on the arm, and Chaerin's deadly stare, giving him a heads-up warning.
 
 
Who's Youngbae?” Chaerin asked, trying to play along with Dara. She knew since Youngbae suddenly tapped her on the leg, secretly, trying to pass on the message that she needs to play along.
 
 
A childhood friend of ours,” Dara informed her as everyone let out a suspicios Now I know movements. Chaerin's lips formed an 'o' as she gave Youngbae a squeeze on the knee, mentally telling him that she got his back.
 
 
Yeah, where is he? Is he no longer friends with you?” Sandara asked as Dara slowly looked back at Youngbae and then back at Sandara.
 
 
Umm, he is currently somewhere else right now,” Dara half lied. She isn't technically lying, okay. Youngbae is on the other side of the counter, that counts as somewhere else. “Why did you ask? I thought you hated the guy.”
 
 
I'm not sure what you're talking about,” Sandara said as she shrugged and continue on reading whatever article she has been not-reading. She wasn't interested on it really. The only reason why she reads it is because she wanted to let time pass by.
 
 
Youngbae looked up in confusion. No, she hated him. With a capital H-A-T-E. At least that's how he remembers. “....Sandara, are you having some amnesia? You hate Dong Youngbae, it's a fact.”
 
 
That's what you like to believe,” Sandara murmured to herself, but everyone heard it as clear as possible. Everyone's eyes, but the twins, were on Youngbae, who was trying to eat grapes comfortably, but failing at it.
 
 
Dara paused as she tried to think about everything before Sandara moved to New York with their mother. Her eyes then widen in slowly realizing things. “That's what you meant?!” Dara blurted out as Sandara frowned, trying to keep her smile to herself and Dara knew this.
 
 
Still don't know what you're talking about,” Sandara shrugged as she flipped to another page of her Vogue magazine.
 
 
When you said that you're attracted to dorks and teasing that person only means you have feelings for them!” Dara reminded her as she stood up from her seat. “I never thought you meant him! I mean, teasing isn't exactly what you call what you do to Youngbae....”
 
 
Why are you so surprise?” Sandara asked as Youngbae eyes widen and Dara let out a gasp. “Yeah, I liked that but—” and with that Youngbae chocked on his grapes after receiving the news. Chaerin burst out into a fake laughter as she started patting Youngbae's back.
 
 
Sorry oppa, I shouldn't have done that!” Chaerin said as she tried her best to give out the realest giggle.
 
 
You never told me this,” Jiyong said as he finally looked up from his laptop, and nevertheless, finally spoke up from being quiet for too long.
 
 
Why do I have to tell you everything anyways?” Sandara hissed as she flipped her hair by turning her head away from her best friend. “But anyways, thank you for interrupting my sentence, chocking idiot,” Sandara glared at Youngbae as he tried to apologize but his throat itches and hurts too much. “Go get a glass of water! Gosh!”
 
 
Youngbae bowed his head as he ran towards the glass dispenser and grabbed a cup and then ran towards the refrigerator to get the stored, cool water. Once he drank the water, his throat felt better.
 
 
Sandara let out a fake cough, still staring at him. “I'm good, continue...thanks a lot Chae,” Youngbae fake glared at Chaerin who let out a fake giggle.
 
 
Anyways,” Sandara continued, “I tried to show him that I like him, but I guess it wasn't working since he didn't see through me. And so I gave up. I wanted to see him too, but too bad.”
 
 
How were you even trying to show me—him?” Youngbae asked as he raised his eyebrows. “I mean, did you even try?” Dara then looked back at Youngbae giving him a questioning look, wanting to know why he is even asking.
 
 
He was too stupid to see,” Sandara snarled as she rolled her eyes. “I mean, I left him notes and such!” “
 
 
P.S? That was her? Oh how stupid of me...” Youngbae whispered to himself as he mentally slapped himself.
 
 
I even tried my best to sit next to him, but he kept pushing me away. When I try to speak to him, he ignores me and when he doesn't, we just end up fighting anyways. And I just can't believe he didn't even say goodbye when I left! I heard he was even super happy when he found out the news. How dare he? That is such a jerk!”
 
 
So now you're mad?” Dara asked as she raised an eyebrow. She then turned back around at Youngbae, to give him a glare, but didn't since she notice that panic look on his face.
 
 
Ah!” Jiyong snapped as if he got an idea. “He was 'Bad Boy' wasn't he? Now I remember! You wouldn't shut your mouth about him for the first three years of our meeting.”
 
 
Shut up!” Sandara hissed as she pushed Jiyong to the sides. She then looked back at her twin. “It's such a waste. I really wanted to see him when I got back to Korea to see how he's doing. I haven't seen how he looks like in years!” She then pointed at her twin in an intense way. “You promise to send a picture too!”
 
 
Of me! Not him!” Dara said as she gasped offended by her expectations. “And who here stopped sending pictures in the first place?”
 
 
Because you never sent pictures of him!” Sandara hissed back as she continued reading her magazine. “Now I don't even know how he looks anymore. It . I miss that more than I miss you anyways.”
 
 
Lies!” Dara shouted in anger as she pointed at her twin. Now Youngbae felt guilty because he never missed her constant bullying, or did he? “Now I am not gonna tell you where he lives. Hmmph!”
 
 
If you ever met him again, what would you do anyways unnie?” Minzy asked as she looked at Sandara in wonder.
 
 
I don't know yet...I haven't thought of it,” Sandara said in a more softer way. “But I guess it doesn't even matter anymore. He forgot me.” Minzy looked back at Dara and Youngbae, both shaking their heads no.
 
 
What if he never did?” Minzy asked again as Sandara let out a sigh.
 
 
He hates me anyways. All I bring to him is painful memories,” Sandara said as she placed her magazine on the table, next to Jiyong's laptop, and stood up. “If anyone needs me, and it's very important, I'll be in my room. If it isn't just shut up and go away.” With that Sandara stomped her way into her room and slammed the door shut, with a locking sound heard through the quiet apartment.
 
 
Well that's the cue for our exit,” Chaerin said as she hoped off the stool and walked over to where Seungri and Daesung is. “Let's go downstairs,” She ordered as she glance at Minzy who nodded.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sandy! Open the door, come on! Let me in!” Dara calmly shouted as she continued to knock on the door, while placing her head on the door out of exhaustion. Hours already passed and it's already midnight. Not once did Sandara come out of her room.
 
 
 
She then felt a tap on her shoulder, surprising her to the point that she squealed. Dara then turned around to face a blank expression wearing Jiyong, forgetting that he now lives here too. “My gosh, you scared me!”
 
 
Don't try and talk to her,” Jiyong said as he shook his head. “She doesn't like being bothered when she's having her moments. So stop. Not only are you bothering her, but you're disturbing me from my work.”
 
 
Again, who are you to talk to me like this under my roof?” Dara hissed as she glared at Jiyong. He has been up in her nerves for always giving her criticism on how she lives her everyday life. And even sometimes, just for being there irritated her. “I know my sister.”
 
 
Do you? Do you really now?” Jiyong asked as he tilted his head to the sides with his eyebrows raised. “Because last time I check, you haven't really communicated well these past ten years. Admit it, you know nothing about your sister. It doesn't mean you wear the same face and have the same parents means you know each other.”
 
 
Would you just go away? Let me deal with my sister. And so what if we don't communicate well? She's still family and—”
 
 
 
What about your mother Ms. Dara Park? She's family as well,” Jiyong asked making Dara clench her fist and jaw in anger. “I have been close to your twin, I know how she feels, while you know nothing.”
 
 
Shut up,” Dara murmured as her eyebrows furrowed in anger as her nose flared. She was mad, really mad. Not only at Jiyong, but at Sandara, as well. Their family matters are suppose to be kept for themselves. The one that knows are the ones that are very close to them, and that's Youngbae and his family.
 
 
Before getting mad at Sandara, maybe, just for a spare second. Think of this,” Jiyong paused for a second. “Why did she come back home when her career is peaking back at New York?”
 
 
W-what?” Dara asked as her eyes widen at these news. “I thought her work back in New York is failing. That's what she told me.”
 
 
Like I said, you know nothing about your sister,” Jiyong whispered to her in a hurtful way. “She also told you, she had too many problems back there...and let me tell you now. It has nothing to do with her work.”
 
 
What d-do you mean?” Dara asked as she narrowed her eyes.
 
 
Just for now, give her your attention, just a bit is enough, but don't over do it,” Jiyong said giving her a paper cup that had a cover. Dara look down at the drink she was given, thinking it's coffee since it was hot. “It's warm chocolate milk. Drink it before it gets cold. It will help you sleep better,” Jiyong said giving her a quick smile before going back to his blank expression.
 
 
Can you at least tell me a little bit of—”
 
 
Night Dara,” Jiyong said as he walked away and into his room, locking the door behind him before closing it.
 
 
Night,” Dara whispered back as she let out an exhausted quiet groan. She then looked down at her drink, bringing a small sigh, but nevertheless, a small smile appeared. “You aren't that bad, Kwon,” looking back at his door, her smile spread. “You should consider smiling more.” With that she slowly drank her warm drink, retreating back to her room.

Hello? Is anybody still reading? It's me, I'm back, author-nim. Heeellllooo? /cricket noise/ No one. Okay /pouts sadly/.

If there is still anyone reading, what do you think?

The Parks has a secret to their past?

Youngbae isn't so smart now is he?

How is the Daragon/Darayang interactions?

 

For anyone who knows how to make a banner/poster, please make one for me~ (and my other stories)? Because I never had one, sadly.