Prologue: Teenage Love

My Boyfriend's a Kpop Star?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prologue

...Teenage love.

I never knew the definition of love nor the definition of boyfriend, but I thought I knew it all.

I was only 15 at the time when I had my first love. He wasn't just my first love, though. He was my best friend as well. He went by the name of Baekhyun; Byun Baekhyun. We had known each other ever since elementary school and were very close. He was the first one to approach me and befriend me. I wasn't the social type, but he was the one that helped me open up. If it wasn't for him, I don't know where I'd be. I trusted him basically with my whole life. I trusted him so much that if I drank too much at a party one night, he'd be the one taking care of me and taking me home.

I didn't start having feelings for him or anyone until I moved up to my freshman year of high school. I had gone through puberty and my hormones had changed. I thought that being attracted to the same was normal for someone my age at that time. I thought the feelings were only temporary and would go away but the more I was around Baekhyun, the more those feelings showed. They kept getting worse and worse and he could tell that I had a liking for him. It was something I couldn't avoid or hide any longer. I didn't want to tell him that I had feelings for him because I didn't want our friendship to end since he was really the only friend I had, but I had no other choice.

His response was very surprising. He said he knew that I liked him this whole time and liked me too, but didn't want to say anything because he wasn't one hundred percent sure that he was right. But he was right. I felt like the biggest idiot for hiding myself from him when he sort of knew already. He asked me to be his boyfriend and of course, I said yes. We started dating but secretly. We didn't want the whole school and our parents to find out about us so we hid.

Neither of us knew the difference between being friends and being in a relationship. We thought being in a relationship was the same as being friends except the part about kissing. I liked Baekhyun's kisses because his lips were always soft and pink. He would always make a cute face when I got too close to his face. He was very sweet, but was also cheesy and awkward when it came to saying sweet things. I was lucky to still have him as a friend because usually if someone confessed to their best friend, things would get awkward between them and things just wouldn't be the same afterwards, but it wasn't like that with me and Byun Baekhyun. It wasn't like that at all.

Everything went well and we were both very happy until he told me something one night. It was one of the things that no one wanted to hear from their boyfriend or girlfriend. It was first semester of our second year of high school. It was a regular Sunday night and we both had school the next day. I was spending my time at Baekhyun's house and in his bedroom, but it was late at night. His parents didn't mind him having me over because I was like a second son to them. They would always tell me that I was the type of son they wished they had when Baekhyun wasn't around to hear them.

Baekhyun was keeping me from going home. We had spent the whole weekend together and I thought it was a good time for me to start heading back. My parents were strict when it came to school. They gave me a curfew on Sundays. It was a quarter to twelve; my curfew was 9PM. I knew they were going to yell at me and I didn't want to be lectured that night because the last thing I wanted was to have my father scream at me for hours. I was tired and I had a quiz in Biology that I didn't even study for the next day.

"Chanyeol, there's something I need to tell you," Baekhyun said, fidgeting with his fingers. I knew he was going to say something I didn't want to hear. I knew it was going to be something bad because he only messed around with his hands if he was nervous or afraid to see how I'd react to something. The tone in his voice also sounded different than five minutes ago.

"Good or bad?" I asked anyway even though I already knew the answer.

"Kind of both," He said. "Bad for you but good for me, I guess."

"Are you breaking up with me?"

"I think so."

"How is that good for you and bad for me, then? Shouldn't it be bad for the both of us?"

"Well..."

"Baekhyun!" I punched him in the arm. This wasn't the time for his jokes.

"The only reason why I've been begging you to spend your time with me this whole weekend is because today's my last day."

"Last day for what?" I thought that could mean anything, but there was really only one meaning. "Where are you going?"

He didn't answer me for a long time. He wouldnt even look at me. He kept his eyes down at his hands. "I-I'm, uh..." He hesitated. "I'm moving to the states."

"States?"

"

Please log in to read the full chapter