Two

[ONE SHOT] Ice Cream

***

'What the hell is life?!' 

AJ thought he would somehow use up all the precious time to work but instead, less than 3 minutes later, his phone rang crazily like a siren.

AJ was startled to the point where he literally fell head-first onto the ground. He hardly crawl to the couch, just grab anything that was on it. The call was obviously from that you-know-who person.

-What? -AJ grumpily picked up/

-Jae ah! -He soundedly he was on the verge of tears.

-What now? -AJ made a wild guess that Kiseop dropped his money. He sometimes could really get on somebody's nerves just because of his clumsiness.

-No...But i can't...

-Wait there! Stay right where you are. Don't even budge. -AJ nearly screamed in his phone.

If he didn't lose his money, then he must have got lost. There were times when Kiseop had to treat the members, then ended up calling AJ to go fetch him, just because he couldn't remember the way. This time it seemed to be exactly the same. The groceries store is right across the street, if there was anyone who couldn't find it, it could only be Kiseop.

All the time AJ had was all dedicated to worrying about Kiseop. He could be sick if he stood out under the sun for too long. AJ left his work undone, grabbed his hat, his backpack then rushed down the street.

Though it was 3 o' clock in the afternoon, the sun just couldn't spare the poor people. The asphalt was literally melting. The traffic was being lazy as ever. The scorching heat, wave by wave, blew their way into AJ's face. He was sweating like crazy. The drops of sweat on his back was annoyingly sticky. But he let it be and brushed the sweats on his face aside. AJ looked at the street with open eyes. Kiseop must have been around somewhere. It hadn't even been 5 minutes yet. 

As expected, Kiseop was standing under the traffic lights across the road, looking pretty much dazed. AJ sluggishly walked over to Kiseop, wondering if it was the sun that made Kiseop so stupid.

-Seop ah! -AJ was running while calling out.

Kiseop turned around, his face lit up.

-Jae you found me.

-Bull! -AJ frowned. -Go home! No more ice cream for you.

AJ then grabbed his hand and dragged him back to the agency.

-But I want ice cream!! -Kiseop began to use that childish tone again.

-Huh? -AJ totally lost his mind under the radiant heat.

-Please...

-You really want it that bad? -AJ rolled his eyes. -Fine. Just go upstairs, i'll go get it. -AJ pushed Kiseop into the agency.

-Hurry up! -Kiseop shouted out to AJ, who was furiously crossing the road to the groceries store.

At that moment, Kiseop really began to wonder why he hadn't seen that in the first place. It was that close. 'Must have been the sun. Right, all because of this freaking heat', he thought.