Chapter 1

Falling For The Jerk

Mina's POV

  Today is the day, the day Minsun and I are finally grown up and are going to be on our own.  We had to move into our dorms today, it was very sunny outside and we started to pick out some boxes from our cars but we then realized they were too heavy. Minsun groaned as she looked up at the sky, "It's so hot!" she complained, "Let's just get someone to help us." We don't know anyone here though! I whined. Minsun scanned the campus with her eyes, "How about that guy, he looks nice." she asked while looking over somewhere. I looked to see where Minsun's eyes were scanning at and saw this perfect boy his brown wavy hair, those mysterious eyes, and that charming but warm smile of his.

  Hmm... yeah I guess he looks pretty friendly. I smiled. But, you are going to ask him because you know how awkward I am around boys! I replied. Minsun was so desperate to get out of the heat and inside our new dorm that she didn't complain, and just walked over to the friendly looking guy. From afar I could see her tapping his shoulder and asking him for help, although I could not hear their conversation, I knew he had rejected her. A few seconds I could see Minsun walking towards me and she looked pissed off because she does this thing were her hands turn into fists when she is mad. What's wrong? I asked. She glared at the guy who she had just asked for help and then look back at me, "That guy is a total jerk! He said he was far too busy to help someone as useless as me!" she replied angrily.

 

Minsun's POV

I walked over to the friendly looking guy and waited for him to finish his conversation with his friends before tapping him on the shoulder. He turned to look at me, his kind smile disappeared, he no longer looked friendly, he look a bit scary. "Umm, w-would you mind helping my friend and I carry those boxes inside our dorm?" I ask as I pointed to where Mina was standing with our boxes. He looked over at where I pointed and then looked back at me, "I'm far too busy to help someone as useless as you," he replied. I rolled my eyes and turned away from him and walked back over to Mina.

  "What's wrong?" Mina asked in a worried tone. After telling Mina what had happened, she also became angry. Mina is the type of girl who stands up for her friends so she immediately walked over to the jerk even though I tried to stop her and convince her that I wasn't bothered by what he had said.

 

Mina's POV

  What?! Why would he be so mean to someone he doesn't even know?! I exclaimed. "It is okay Mina, there are always jerks in every place we go and we just got to ignore it." Minsun replied. Well, I am not going to let someone talk bad about my best friend and think it is alright to treat her that way! I started walking towards that "Friendly looking guy" and when I approached him he looked at me with a sneer on his pale face. What is your problem?! I shouted.

  He turned towards me and bent down to my height and went 2 inches away from my face and said "You, are the problem because useless people like you are on this Earth." He replied with a side smirk. I looked at him straight in the eye and said, People like you are the reason why I hate being nice to people. I screamed. Everyone stared at me and I could feel everyone's eyes on me. What the hell do you think you're doing? This guy asked with darker skin and dark hair. I am here to let you know that just because you are Mr. big shot here to me you are a wannabe! I screamed.

 

Minsun's POV

  I see everyone staring at Mina and groan, she was standing up for me and now I had to help her, best friends stick together after all. I ran over to where she was arguing with the jerk from before and another really handsome boy. "What's going on?" I asked as I approached the three of them. "Your friend is a lunatic! That's what's wrong!" the taller, dark skinned male shouted as he turned to look over at me. I immediately became angry, I didn't mind if they talked badly about me, but mess with my friends and you'll get to know a more darker side of me.

  From the corner of my eyes, I can see Mina staring at me. "Minsun, calm down," she whispers as she notices me become angrier. I ignore her words and keep staring at the guy in front of me as he stares back. People were gathering around us, expecting a grand show. "Say it again," I say. "Your friend is a lunatic and so are you," he replies without hesitation. I raise my hand up and don't even think twice as I slap him. Everyone around gasps dramatically. "You and your short friend need a reality check!" I yell as I walk towards him and try to hit him again. Mina grabs my arm and pulls me away from them, "Just leave them Minsun, they aren't worth it." I just looked back at them once more and smirked when I saw the handprint I had left on the tan boy's skin. Mina and I walked away past the crowd of people who stared at us.