Baro

When Four Thieves Move In
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Minho~, jagiya where are you?" Taemin called him again as he peeked into the palace kitchen, hoping this time he'd found him after he'd scoured almost the entire castle."Appa, are you here too?"

He huffed in annoyance when he saw that the only people present were servants and cooks, and set off to continue searching for his missing husband and father.

Last night he had set up a "date" for Minho and the king so that they could bond for a bit after noticing how uncomfortable and stiff they seemed around each other everytime they came across one another. He figured it was because the king was so busy with his royal duties he hadn't really had the time to get to know Minho, unlike his mother and Sunny who bonded with his husband quite quickly after such a short amount of time. He knew both of them were uncomfortable with the idea     though neither of them dared to speak up about it      but he hoped that after this they wouldn't be so awkward around each other.

He figured they were outside playing croquet or swordfighting in the gardens but he was puzzled when he found the perimeter unoccupied.

"Where could they be?" the prince mumbled to himself as he walked back to his quarters, giving up on his search. Taemin was only looking for them out of curiosity to see how they were doing anyways, and figured he'd ask how things went when the family gathered for dinner.

The prince hummed as he casually entered his bedroom and hopped onto his bed, intending to finish reading his latest novel before dinnertime. He had just gotten into the second page when suddenly he glanced up at the sound of a strange thumping noise echoing from the princes' bathroom.

"Minho? Hyung, were you hiding this whole time? You're really bad at it." Taemin chuckled and made his way over to the bathroom to greet his lover.

He peeked into the pristine white bathroom, only to find it husband-free. He pouted and stepped inside to take a closer look, when a loud clanging behind him startled him. The prince spun around to find that an unlit candle had been knocked onto the ground.

"M-minho?" Taemin called again nervously, rushing out to the bedroom to try and catch the culprit causing the mysterious noises.

Suddenly the prince heard another loud thud behind him, followed by the sound of something, or someone, panting heavily. With shaking hands, he grabbed the nearest thing he had to use as a weapon, which just happened to be a broom left stranded next to the door by a maid, and held it up for defense. 

It could be anywhere... he thought as he carfeully looked around, realizing how hard it would be to find the culprit in such a large room with so many hiding spots.

Taemin slowly made his way to the middle of the room and began searching in between small spaces and under furniture. When he reached the window he managed to see the reflection of something moving behind him; something white.

A ghost, were his immediate thoughts. He turned around to look again.

It was then he saw the fluffy white tail protruding beneath his bed.

"MINHO!" the prince screeched and hurtled out of the room, terrified. Once he was out the door he slammed it shut and frantically began looking left and right in search of help.

Luckily for him, Minho happened to be just around the corner, casually walking down the hall with a brown paper bag tucked under is arm.

"Hyung!" Taemin yelled and ran into his lover's arms, surprising the older male.

"T-tae? What's the matter? What happened?" he asked, hiding the bag in his hands behind his back.

"F-first there was th-thumping! A-a-and the candle fell, and then I saw...I saw-"

"Taemin, baby, breathe." Minho placed his hands on the younger man's shoulders, trying to calm him down. "Now...what did you see exactly?"

"A WOLF! There's a wolf in the palace! And in our room, too! Come see!" Taemin exclaimed and began dragging his lover over to their chambers.

"A...wolf? Taemin, are you sure? A wolf couldn't possibly have gotten in here." 

"I saw it! It had a furry white tail and everything!"

Minho's eyes widened in realization when he heard this, causing him to burst out laughing.

"And what on earth is so funny about this situation?! We're all in danger!" Taemin cried in disbelief, attracting the attention of the older king that was making his way towards their room as well.

"Who's in danger? What has

Please log in to read the full chapter