Chapter 1

Time Changes Everything

----- 4 Years Later-----

 

It was 7 in the morning, the time of sunrise and its beauty can be seen outside of Hara's window. Everybody dreams of living next to the beach so they would see the beautiful sun rise and set, but for Hara, she have seen it her whole life. Her family has lived here ever since her big sister, Nicole was born. As the bright sunlight peek through her curtains, Hara turns in her bed trying to avoid the light. She finally pull the cover over her head and went back to sleep.

 

Outside of her room, Nicole was preparing Hara's favorite breakfast. Usually, she'll just let the cooks or the servant prepare the food. But today was a special occasion, It was Hara's 18th birthday.

 

As Nicole prepare the food, she turn to look at the clock. It was almost 9, and Hara hasn't woken up yet. Shaking her head with a little laugh, she put the last piece of french toast on the plate, then pick up Hara's tray of food and headed for her room.

 

Hara heard a knock on the door, but chose to ignore it. But then she heard Nicole call her name and ask if she was awake. Hara groaned "Go away."

 

Now knowing that Hara was still asleep, Nicole shook her head in disapproval, "Do you remember what day it is?" as she leaned towards the door, waiting for Hara's reply.

 

Hara didn't hear half of the things that Nicole said, the only thing she heard was the word "day." Day? Hara thought to herself, what day is it? Then she jumped up from her bed, as she remember today was her birthday.

 

She rushed out of bed and ran to the bathroom, but didn't manage to open the bathroom door in time. As she ran into the door and let out a scream.

 

Nicole heard the scream and rushed into the room, "what happened?!" She looked around and saw Hara in front of the bathroom door rubbing her head. Nicole let out a soft laugh and asked, "are you okay?"

 

Hara open the door to the bathroom, "I'm fine, what time is it?"

 

"Its 9, you need to start getting ready." Nicole said, as she put down the tray on Hara's table.

 

Hara picked up her tooth brush and began brushing her teeth, she looked at her reflection in the mirror and smile to herself. Today is the day that she'll be united with Jinwoon again, just thinking about it made her blush.

 


 

"Are you ready?! We're gonna be late!" Wooyoung yell down the hallway to Chansung.

 

"Hold on, I'm getting Hara's present." Chansung yell back. Chansung grab a small white box  with a red bow tied on top. He smile at the thought of giving Hara the present that he got her. Ever since they have meet, Chansung have spent every single one of Hara's birthday with her and every year he either got her a new Handbag or clothes, one year he took her on vacation. But that was all.

 

But this year, he got her a diamond necklace with her birthstone color on it. He also got her name engrave with the words, "I love you" right next to her name.

Chansung put the present inside his jacket pocket and walked out. "What's the hurry? No one is gonna be there on time."

 

Shaking his head, Wooyoung let out a sigh and said, "I want to hang out with Hara before all the guest arrive, don't you?" But the truth was, Wooyoung wanted to get there early so he would see Bora. He knew that Bora was going to be there early, to help Hara get ready, since Bora was Hara's only close friend who was a girl.

 

"Suree, we all know who you 'REALLY' want to see." Chansung gave Wooyoung a wink and wrap his arms around Wooyoung's neck and pull him into his shoulders.

 

Wooyoung broke away from Chansung's grip, "Stop playing, Lets go."

 


 

Hara looked out the window too see, Chansung and Wooyoung car arriving at the gate. Her birthday party is being held downstairs, in her house’s ballroom. For the past week, she and Nicole have been planning her birthday party. They finished decorating the night before and now the living room looks like a picture out of a fairy-tale story. They had planned that once most of the guests arrive, she'll walk down the grand stairway of her house and entered the party with the spotlight on her. And before she cut her cake, she would have a dance with the guy of her choice.  

 

As Hara daydream about having her birthday dance with Jinwoon, Bora opens the door and peeked inside. "Can I come in?" Bora asked Hara, in a joking tone.

 

Hara sensed Bora playing tone, and reply with a sarcastic tone, "No you may not." Bora looked Hara in the eyes and the two girls laughed.

 

Bora pushed the door open and walked towards Hara. Following behind her was Chansung and Wooyoung. "Look who came to see you." Bora turned to look at the two boys behind her.

 

"Chansung! Wooyoung!" Hara exclaimed with excitement. She stood up from her seat and walked hastily  towards them.

 

When she got to where the boys were standing, Wooyoung gave Hara a big hug and told her happy birthday, while Chansung picked her up and spin her a couple of times.

 

Once Chansung put her down, Wooyoung said teasingly, "It took you long enough to get over here."

Hara stared up at him with open eyes, "Its the dress!" She pointed to her dress. Hara was wearing a elegant white gown with a strapless bodice and sparkling accents on the empire waist band that circles around to the y open back. The dress flow perfectly down to her heels with its layer of a sheer white fabric that gave the dress a little tail.

 

Wooyoung laughed at Hara's answer, wanting to mess with her more, he said, "okay, sureee. Excuses Excuses." He turned his head away to let Hara know he didn't want to hear it.

 

Hara glare at him and giggle. She turn to look at Chansung, "So, where's my surprise?"

 

Chansung looked into Hara's eyes and gave her a heart-warming smile as he put his hand in his jacket pocket and pulled out the white box. He handed Hara the box and watch her expression change from happy to confusion.

 

Hara took a second to look at the box in her hand, then looked up at Chansung in confusion.

Chansung saw the confused look on Hara's face, which made him smile and said, "Open it."

 

Obeying Chansung's orders, Hara open the box to see a beautiful diamond necklace, that has two curves lined in shimmering round diamonds weave in and out of an infinity symbol styled in sterling silver, one of the curve lines has diamonds with the color of Aquamarine.

 

Hara stood there in shocked, when Chansung said he had a surprise for her, She thought he meant that he was taking her to a cruise or vacation, like he did the last time. But she would never thought that he would get her Jewelry.

 

Hara knew Chansung's rule about giving girls jewelry. Chansung never gives any girl jewelry, except for his mom, because he thinks that giving a girl jewelry means that he has to be committed to that girl.

 

Hara who finally broke out of her gaze, looked up at Chansung and asked, "Why?"

 

Chansung gave Hara a smirk and answered, "Because it’s your 18th birthday." 

 

Hara looked back down at the necklace, she took the necklace out of the box and handed it to Chansung, "Can you put it on for me?"

 

Chansung nodded and took the Necklace from her hand, Hara turned around and pulled up her hair, so it could be easier for him to put the necklace around her neck.

 

Hara turned around to face Chansung, who haven't took his eyes of off her for one second. "Thank you." She said in a touching voice.

 

Bora and Wooyoung, who have been standing and watching. Finally broke the silence, "We should go downstairs, I can hear people coming." Wooyoung said awkwardly, looking at Bora with pleading eyes for her help.

 

"Yes, we should, lets leave the birthday girl here for her grand entrance later." Bora said, looking at Chansung.

 

Chansung broke away from his stare and nodded at Bora. "Alright then, we'll see you downstairs." Bora stated, giving Hara a slight hug.

 

Hara watches as her friends walk out of the room. She thought to herself, that she might be one of the luckiest people in the world to have such great friends and wonderful parents.

 
When they were all gone, Hara stood there as the door close behind Chansung, she then suddenly remember something, the Jar...

 


Writer's words

I'm sooo sorry, if this chapter is kinda longg D: I'll try to make everything alot shorter. This is my first story, so please let me know if you guises like it. (: