Secret

When Love Is Reborn

 

Donghae was very happy that he was able to meet an old friend. He was more convinced that he uand Kyu Jhi were closed friends since Kyu Jhi knew about Hyukjae and Sungmin. Then he thought Hyukjae and Sungmin must also have known Kyu Jhi too. So when he reached the front door, Donghae immediately ran inside to tell Hyukjae and Sungmin about his encounter with Kyu Jhi. Once he was inside the house, Donghae heard Hyukjae and Sungmin were arguing. He caught them were arguing about someone whose name was not familiar to him.
 
"Cho Kyu Hyun? Who is Cho Kyu Hyun?"
 
Hyukjae and Sungmin were surprised.
 
"Who is he, hyung?"
 
"He is nobody. You don’t know him." Hyukjae pretended to be calm and acted like it was nothing. Hyukjae might fool Donghae but he couldn’t when Donghae saw Sungmin’s blank expression. 
 
"Really? But why are you so tense, hyung?" Donghae asked to Sungmin.
 
"Ah, we were discussing over something between us." Hyukjae tried to lie again.
 
"Donghae...there are things I want to tell you" Sungmin looked at Donghae seriously.
 
Hyukjae was panic.
 
"Lee Sung Min…Don't make a mess" Hyukjae tried to prevent Sungmin from telling Donghae about Kyuhyun.   
 
"What actually happened…" Sungmin didn’t mind Hyukjae and started to tell the truth.
 
"Eh?" Donghae looked confused.
 
"Three years ago..." Sungmin began to talk.
 
"Lee Sung Min!" Hyukjae tried to stop him.
 
"Three years ago, you actually didn’t have an accident. What actually happened was someone had tried to kill you.”
 
"LEE SUNG MIN. STOP!" Hyukjae was furious.
 
"Someone had stabbed you because of jealousy. You passed out when you were looking for help. Someone eventually came and brought you to the hospital. You went into a coma, and when you woke up you had lost your memory" Sungmin said it all and stared at Donghae firmly, not daring to look at Hyukjae.
 
"Really? Why, why did you lie to me? Why did someone try to kill me because of jealousy? Jealous of what?" Donghae could not wait anymore to find out the answers.
 
"That person was jealous of your boyfriend..." Sungmin felt nervous.
 
"Lee Sung Min, if you try to say more, we’ll break up!" Hyukjae threatened him.
 
"Hyung, why are you like this?" Donghae asked Hyukjae. He felt confused and sad.
 
"You don't understand anything, Donghae" Hyukjae replied.
 
"Cho Kyu Hyun..." Sungmin went on without bothering Hyukjae’s threat.
 
"YAHH!! LEE SUNG MIN!"
 
"Cho Kyu Hyun was your boyfriend" Sungmin spill it out with a sigh of relief.
 
"You didn’t listen to what I said, Sungmin" Hyukjae surrendered.
 
Sungmin finally told everything about Kyuhyun to Donghae as well as Hyukjae’s lies. Donghae was shocked and saddened at the same time by the reality. He was angry to Hyukjae for hiding the truth all this time. He also hated the fact that he was almost killed and couldn’t remember anything ever since.
 
"Where is he now, hyung?"
 
"No one knows where he is. He disappeared right after he released from the prison.” Sungmin answered. Hyukjae was just silent.
 
"What should I do now, hyung?"
 
"Listen to me, Donghae. If you want to have a new life, the only choice is to forget everything. But if you want to recall it, you will be forced to your past in order to remember everything" Sungmin confirmed.
 
"Forget him, Donghae. That is the best choice for you." Hyukjae started to talk.
 
"Why?"
 
"I don't want you to get hurt again" Hyukjae concerned.
 
"Let him to choose, Hyukjae" Sungmin disagreed to Hyukjae.
 
Hyukjae felt tired of Sungmin and said, “"Go, and get out of my house, Lee Sung Min"  
 
"Hyung..."
 
"I've told you we break up if you said more and I meant it!" Hyukjae walked out from the house, avoiding Sungmin and Donghae.
"Hyung…!!" Donghae shouted. Hyukjae stopped by the door.
 
"Please don't do this, hyung" Donghae felt sorry.
 
"This is for the best" Hyukjae answered him.
 
"I think Siwon was not the only obstacle between Donghae and Kyuhyun. You were also one of them. You and your fear made you acted like a coward!" Sungmin said it blatantly. Hyukjae didn’t reply Sungmin and just went out. It because he knew what Sungmin said was true.
 
---
Ryeo Wook didn’t know the reason why Kyuhyun came home with such a happy smiled face. He only made a guess that Kyuhyun was happy because he had managed to ditch his only-one-day-lover. Wooky sighed and shook his head, not believing that Kyuhyun had strangely changed into someone else.
 
"What makes you so happy? Managed to get rid someone?"
 
"Yes. But that's not what makes me happy"
 
"Then...?"
 
"I met someone special today. He cannot be compared with all the girls and boys I had dated before.” Kyuhyun replied as he sat back on the couch.
 
"I don’t believe so. How about Donghae? Can he be compared to Donghae?" Wooky giggled to himself.
 
"Donghae? I missed that name." Kyuhyun got up and walked to the bedroom. Wooky was confused.
 
"Are you serious? That person is even more special than Donghae?" Wooky couldn’t believe to what he heard from Kyuhyun.
 
"Shut up, stupid!" Kyuhyun laughed and made Wooky got even more confused.
 
"What is he? Is he falling in love again?" Wooky guessed but he didn’t get the answers.
 
---
"Hyung, you don't have to get out from this house. I'll talk to Hyukjae hyung later" Donghae tried to stop Sungmin go.
 
"Donghae, calm down. Hyukjae is always been like that. He would go mad and throw out his tantrum whenever he gets angry. But after two or three days, I'm sure he'll ask me to come back"
 
"But hyung..."
 
"Donghae, please think about what I said. Do you want to forget Kyuhyun or go back to him?"
 
"Do you think either I could forget about him or possibly go back to him? We don't even know where he is now"
 
"Of course you can forget about him cause you never remembered it either. The thing is Kyuhyun would not let you to forget him." Sungmin smiled
 
"Why?"
 
"Well, its because he loved you, Donghae"
 
Donghae believe in Sungmin more than Hyukjae. He also felt very confident that Kyuhyun was not a bad person. Donghae wanted to meet with Kyuhyun and ask him about what was actually happened between them. He wondered about how Kyuhyun’s face and voice are like, but he had to go back to his past if he wants to know everything about Kyuhyun.
 
"Hyung, I want to try to remember my past, I want to remember him." Donghae said with confidence. Sungmin smiled.
 
"I've been waiting for you to say that, Donghae"
 
***
 
Kyuhyun was very happy because he was going to meet Donghae that afternoon. That was the first time in many years Kyuhyun felt very happy. He even couldn’t express his happiness. Kyuhyun had promised himself that he wouldn’t be like someone he used to. Kyuhyun who used to love Donghae but always ended up hurting him instead. From that moment on, Kyuhyun would make Donghae fall in love with him again and start everything right and slowly.
 
A sincere smile plastered on Kyuhyun’s face when he saw Donghae was sitting on a bench in the park. The same exact place as yesterday where he met Donghae for the first time after being apart for several years. Kyuhyun came and sat beside him.
 
"Its so nice to meet you again, Donghae" Kyuhyun greeted him with a smile. Donghae looked up at Kyuhyun with a puzzled look. "You know, when I saw you sitting here from a distance, I was like seeing a sunshine in the rainy season. I was extremely happy" Kyuhyun continued without noticed how Donghae’s respond towards him. "Ah, I want to take you to another place. Don't worry cause I will bring you home on time today. How is it?" Kyuhyun smiled and felt excited but after he noticed how puzzle Donghae’s look was, his smile faded away.
 
"Donghae, what is it? Why are you looking at me like that?" Kyuhyun wondered.
 
"Who are you? You, know me?" Donghae asked him and made him spontaneously surprised.
 
"Hold on, you’re joking, aren’t you? Don’t you remember me, Donghae? You should not give me another surprise."
 
"I’m sorry, I’m not joking here. I don’t know you."
 
"Donghae please stop it. You had made me extremely surprise yesterday."
 
"But I really don't know you!!" Donghae raised his voice and made Kyuhyun shocked.
 
"I know you lost your memory but it’s really weird if you don’t know me cause it was just yesterday we met here, in this exact same place. Its not funny, Donghae. So please…"
 
"Did you just say that we met here yesterday? " asked Donghae.
 
"Yes, exactly!"
 
"I'm sorry but I don’t remember it." Donghae confused.
 
"Then why are you here? Because you look like you were expecting someone."
 
"I'm waiting for my friend" Donghae replied angrily.
 
"Your friend? Who is your friend?"
 
"Cho Kyu Jhi."
 
"Donghae, you are kidding me! I am Cho Kyu Jhi!"
 
"Really???"
 
"Of course I am."
 
"Sorry Kyu Jhi. I did not recognize you. Please forgive me." Donghae smiled sadly.
 
"It is okay, Donghae. I was just shocked. How could you forget me when we had met and became close yesterday? It shocked me a lot."
 
"You're not mad at me?" Donghae asked concerned.
 
"No. I could never get mad at you" Kyuhyun smiled.
 
"Really? Even if I won't recognize you again in the future?"
 
"Please don't make such a joke, Donghae. It’s an impossible thing cause we would meet here everyday."
 
"If that happens?"
 
"Donghae, what is it? What are you trying to say?" Kyuhyun  saw the sadness on Donghae’s face and it made him worry. Donghae slowly give the book that was already open to Kyuhyun.
 
"What is this?" Kyuhyun asked, he did not understand.
 
"It’s a diary. You should read it. A part of this diary is about you."
 
Kyuhyun then slowly began to read the diary Donghae gave him. Though there were not so many words written on that diary, it was seemed very important to Donghae.
 
Kyu Jhi said to me 'let's have fun tomorrow'. It was not just a greeting like 'see you'. It was more like a real promise this time. Then he said 'see you tomorrow'…
… Kyu Jhi, I cannot imagine how tomorrow would be and how the happiness would follow us cause I don’t know if I would be still here tomorrow?... 
 
Kyuhyun didn’t know anything and had no idea what those sentences mean, but he did not ask Donghae either. He just glanced at Donghae who was blankly staring at the lake in front of them.
 
"Kyu Jhi, I thought I should tell you this so I made you read that diary." Donghae looked seriously at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun remained silent waiting for Donghae to continue his words.
 
"I have a memory defect means that my memory won’t last longer than thirteen hours. In that sense, what I am today and what I was yesterday are two different people. Although its still one person, it wouldn’t be me who will live tomorrow. I've always been like this since three years ago." Donghae said while holding his sight to the lake. "Doctor told me to read this diary every morning because he said this is my memory."
 
Kyuhyun tried to read the other parts of Donghae’s diary but Donghae quickly closed and took it from Kyuhyun.
 
"That was as far as you can read."
 
"Ah, sorry. You are right, this is a diary after all."
 
"NO!!! It is more than that, it is the real me!"
 
"I’m sorry, Donghae. Please don’t be mad at me.” Kyuhyun felt sorry and he tried to continue what Donghae had explained to him. “Thirteen hours? That's the number of hours you can only remember?"
 
"I can remember everything from when I woke up at 7am until 8pm on a same day. After that, an hour of my memories would disappear as each hour passes. At midnight, my memories prior 11am would be gone, as well as my memories prior 6pm would be vanished by 7am on the next morning."
 
"In that case, when you wake up in the morning, you can’t remember anything from the prior days including me?" Kyuhyun made a conclusion rather than a question.
 
"Yeah, it sounds right. However, I will remember few things that important for me during the day and manage to recall them for the next thirteen hours. At 9 o’clock in the evening just before I go to sleep, I would re-read the diary and keep in mind few things I regard important. If I do that, I’m able to remember it even until the next morning. For example, I remember the fact that we had fun yesterday as well as I remember I have a memory defect”. Donghae tried to smile. “I live a peaceful life right now even though I don't go to work and have no one whom I can call friends."
 
This is a fact that Kyuhyun can’t deny and avoid. Donghae looked pathetic and it made him sad. The way he talked, the way he looked, and the ways he smiled and laughed were different. All looked miserable. Kyuhyun wanted to hold Donghae’s hands and hug him but he couldn’t do it that time.
 
"I am a pathetic person, aren’t I?" Donghae said with a bitter smile.
 
"Maybe you see it that way but you should know that many people who loved you are grateful for still having you alive now. They are thankful that you can still walking with your own feet and do something with both of your hands and of course many else is there. That’s all that matter. You are not pathetic just because your memory is not good." Kyuhyun lied to cheer Donghae’s up.
 
"Thank you Kyu Jhi but I know you're lying."
 
"Donghae..." Kyuhyun wanted to say something but Donghae cutted him off.
 
"Yesterday, Hyukjae hyung and Sungmin hyung fought."
 
"Why?"
 
"Because of me" Donghae replied briefly and Kyuhyun waited him to continue.
 
"Hyukjae hyung wanted to keep an important secret from me but Sungmin hyung disagreed. They argued a lot and they ended up with brake up. It was because Sungmin hyung finally told me the secret." Donghae continued.
 
"A secret?"
 
"Ah, I forgot. I wanted to ask you something. I thought you might know him "
 
"Him? Who is he?"
 
"CHO KYU HYUN" Donghae said firmly and made Kyuhyun shocked for too many times that day. Suddenly Kyuhyun felt his heart was beating faster than ever. Then he began to panic.
 
"What do you know about Cho Kyu Hyun?" Donghae asked again.
 
"I ... I ... He ... I ... I did not really know him well, but I knew who he was " Kyuhyun stuttered.
 
"Oh. I thought you knew him." Donghae looked disappointed.
 
"Why did you ask about him?" Kyuhyun wanted to know why Donghae suddenly asked about it.
 
"Did you know that I had a relationship with him and then we broke up? Did you know about this?"
 
"Yes, I did."
 
"Sungmin hyung told me everything about him. He said that Kyuhyun was my boyfriend. Someone whom I loved dearly and he loved me back. He had hurt me so many times and then he left me. But, the only reason he did it, was because he was afraid of losing me. Sungmin hyung told me that Kyuhyun was not a bad person. He was very nice and loved me so much. However, he always made a mistake just because he didn’t know how to solve the problems correctly. Sungmin hyung also told me that he was a genius but he would become an idiot whenever he had me around. I just want to see him again" Donghae explained everything he knew and what he truly felt. Kyuhyun tried to restrain himself from hugging Donghae.
 
"If I see him again, would he look at me? What would he do? Would he mad at me? Do you think he would want to have me back?"
 
‘Of course I will look at you. I will even run to hug you. I was never mad at you and I will definitely want to have you back’ Kyuhyun answered all the questions to himself.
 
"Then. If you see Kyuhyun again, would you look at him? What would you do? Would you forgive him and take him back?" Kyuhyun asked him back instead.
 
"I don't know. With my current condition, I can’t recognize him." Donghae smiled bitterly.
 
"If, if you know him?"
 
"If I know him, I would look at him. I would come after him. I want to touch his face and say I missed him so much. I'll forgive him and take him back into my arms." Donghae assured.
 
Kyuhyun cried after hearing Donghae’s answers but he quickly wiped it off so that Donghae couldn’t see it. Kyuhyun was very pleased with Donghae’s answers. Kyuhyun felt that his heart was overflowing and wanted to tell everything to Donghae that he was Kyuhyun. Cho Kyu Hyun whom he missed and desperately wanted to meet. After knowing everything, Kyuhyun was assured that they could be together again. He couldn’t hold it back any longer to embrace Donghae into his arms. So, when he had decided and was about to tell Donghae the truth, "Donghae, I..." he stopped talking cause Donghae cut him off once again.
 
"But do you think it is possible to have him back? What if I lose my diary then I will forget about him again?" Donghae said sadly. Kyuhyun felt his previously overflowed heart dropped down to the bottom of the world. He sighed and gave up. He could not tell Donghae everything that time.
 
"It is not merely about the diary but it is like I will lose everything about him and my life.” Donghae stared at kyuhyun sadly. “Its like I’ll be reborn to a newborn that has no memories.”
 
'Lee Dong Hae is Lee Dong Hae. He still laughed with me and would be mad at me then he would cry too. It's still the Lee Dong Hae I know. He didn’t disappear! He's not a different person!' Kyuhyun said to himself and felt frustrated with Donghae's condition. 
 
 There was silent for a few moments. They were busy with their own thoughts. Kyuhyun was arguing with his mind about what he should do that time. It was very difficult for him. If he wanted to have Dongahe back, he should and had to do something. He looked at Donghae long enough then stood up abruptly. Donghae was confused for his sudden action.
 
"Well, Donghae. From this moment on, I will help you to remember everything and we’ll make new memories too."
 
TO BE CONTINUE
a/n : COMMENT PLEASE !!!! ^^