Chapter 8

Being with YunHo

            “So, ChoHee…  When you and YunHo have kids, what kind of name are you going to name it?” asked Hua, one of ChoHee’s cousins.

            “I was thinking that if it is a boy, I might give him a Chinese name because I am part Chinese.  I wouldn’t mind having a Chinese name, but my mom decided to let my dad give me a Korean name instead.” answered ChoHee.  “If it’s a girl, YunHo can name it.  I’m think that the name JiYool is good.”

            “I can’t wait until you have a kid.” commented AeSook, another cousin.

            ChoHee glared at AeSook, as put lip balm on her lips.  “I don’t really want to have any kids with YunHo.” she stated.

            “It’s OK to feel uncomfortable with your husband.” said Jiao, who is a married cousin of ChoHee’s.

            ChoHee has 3 female cousins: Hua, AeSook, and Jiao.  Jiao has been married for 4 years and has a 2 year old boy.  She is the oldest of ChoHee’s 5 cousins.  Hua and AeSook are still attending college and are both sophomores.  ChoHee’s male cousins are: Ji, and DaeHyun.  They are all part Chinese and part Korean.  They, of course, know both languages including English because they’ve all lived in the U.S.  They, including ChoHee, all know a bit of French and German.  (How they are cousins is because their moms are sisters for those who want to know how exactly they are related.)

            “Now that’s not right, Jiao.  You got to choose who you want to marry.  I’m in arranged marriage.” said ChoHee.

            Jiao smiled.  “That doesn’t make it any different.  I was still very shy with my husband even after we got married.  I just think that because since you haven’t spent much time with YunHo in a long time, you’re just uncomfortable with him.” she said.

            “Let’s see…  When you left Korea for America was when we were 12, so it’s been 6 years since you’ve last seen YunHo.” recounted MiOk, one of ChoHee’s bestfriends.  They’ve been friends with each other when ChoHee was still in elementary in Korea.

            “Of course you’ll be uncomfortable with him, a lot of things has changed.” commented Bao-yu.  She is ChoHee’s best friend from the states.  They’ve been great friends ever since middle school. 

            “Oh, come on you women.  It’s not like I am not uncomfortable with YunHo.  It’s just that I can’t bring myself to think about having his children.” stated ChoHee. 

            “You do know how many girls would kill just to be able to marry him, right?” asked AeSook, as she brought in ChoHee’s wedding dress in a plastic cover.

            “Of course.” she smiled.  “It’s just that I feel sorry for myself when I get murdered by crazy fans.”

            AeSook laughed.  “I totally forgot about those crazy fans when I see your very handsome fiancé though.”

            ChoHee smiled.  “Just hurry up and help me into my wedding dress.” she said.

 

**NOTE:  I hope that you enjoyed this new chapter!!  I know that it's not much, but I hope that it's good enough!!

LOVE,

loveFORyunho

on 8/28/2010 @ 11:57 PM PST