Chapter Two: A Startling Awakening

Experiment Escapee

Song playing: Boyz - Girls clickhere

A/N: I’ve noticed, I like to write fantasy stories… ROFLMAO!

Joongki arrived back at the warehouse. The girl was not there, instead, there were footprints all over the floor. She had left. Worried for her well-being, he set down the items in his arms and ran out of the room.

Luckily for him, she didn’t run far, but she now suffers from a high fever. What’s even worse is that there are wings growing out of her back. He knows now for sure, this girl is different.. Like him. Picking her up from the floor again, he walked back to the abandoned warehouse.

Looking at her with a new light, he was now determined to nurse her back to health and find out who/what exactly she was. The werewolf boy was honestly curious. Maybe she would be his companion. After such a long time by himself, he’d wish for a friend now and then.

Joongki placed her on the bed again. “Come on.” He thought as he tried to put her on the bed. With a heave and ho, the wolf boy finally got her onto the bed. Content with his accomplishment, he wet the towel he previously had left, wringing it to a certain point; he placed it on her forehead. Her grumbles could be heard, legs yanking around with no reason behind it.

Finally resting himself, the boy sighed and sat himself down next to the bed. Putting his guard down, he fell asleep on the spot; exhausted from this unusual routine.

Unfortunately he didn’t sleep for long. The girl’s squirming and groaning had woken him back up. His sleepy eyes wondered around. He raised his hand to her hair and pets it. It was the one thing he knew best to do at times like this. He loved it when Suni pets him, so naturally, he would try that on her too.

As he had expected, the girl before him relaxed after furrowing her eye brows. A polished smile appears on his face. Joongki slowly stopped smiling though. Slowly, his hand retreated from her.

He hadn’t felt this happy in such a long time. Even though the female sleeping had done nothing, knowing that he had done something to help was enough to make him happy. As weird as it sounds, the little wolf had grown attached to her. There was just something that made him feel this way. Soon, he drifted off to memory lane, and not too long later, dreamland once more.

——

The next day came, Joongki woke up, but she has yet to. The first thing Joongki did after waking up was to check on her. If he had lived with someone, that person would’ve thought he had taken a liking towards the girl whom he doesn’t know at all. But that wasn’t all that false either. He did take a liking to her as a matter of fact. Just, not sure what kind of liking it was.

Joongki got up and took the towel that was on the girl’s forehead; wet it, before placing it back on her. A sigh left his lips. Undecided on what he should do, the wolf boy sat there and watched her. He acted as her guard dog, although this place was far from dangerous. But he watched out for her in case of anything.

It’s not like he had never waited before, but Joongki disliked his current situation. He had never waited for a girl before. I mean, waited for a girl before him. And the girl was unconscious. The boy sighed in frustration.

As if his begging was heard, the girl’s hand made a movement. Joongki’s ears twitched at the sudden movement. Seeing that she didn’t move after, a pout formed on his face. Once again, he was disappointed. Just as he was about to sulk again, the body of the girl jolted up. A loud scream emitted from .

Shocked from the sudden outburst, Joongki simply stared at her as if the fair maiden was a dangerous being. Soon the two recovered from the surprise and stared down at one another. The girl had finally realized there was someone by her side.

The two pairs of eyes widen, moments later a shrill escaped from the two. Him being in shock from her sudden wakening and her due to the stranger before her. The scream soon stops as they both ran out of breath.

Panting heavily, the female questioned the boy endlessly. Questions streamed out of her one after another. Joongki, unable to handle the fires of questions, raises her hand in protest. She stopped all together. Keeping quiet, Joongki spoke up. “First. Tell me your name.” She gave him a short glare, making sure he was someone that she can trust. Seeing that his eyes said nothing of betrayal, she told him her name.

“I’ll answer your questions, ONE BY ONE. I don’t speak too well.” Her eyes looked at him in disbelief. He was talking pretty damn well to her. But she questioned no further about that. Instead, she begins to ask questions, people normally would when they wake up.