Cold Body

Experiment Escapee

악몽 - 2Yoon (Feat. 정일훈 of BTOB) clickhereifyouwanttohear

With each step I took, a spat of blood dripped to the floor. It colored the white plains with each dropping. Exhaustion was getting to me, but I tried to continue walking. The farther I walked , the better. That is everyone's plan when they run away right? Well, my legs decided to finally give in and bend itself over. With a short grunt, I fell to the floor with a thud.

*3rd POV*

A grunt escaped from the wolf-boy's lips. Finally finished with the snowman he made, Joongki sat down and relaxed on the snow. Content with his creation, he closed his eyes and sighed. What was this burdening feeling he had? He finally got to see the one he had learned to love and care for after so long. He waited for years. But she had grown old. Not once had he, himself, aged. But that was because he is different. He does not age, unlike humans. Instead, he stays young forever.

Thinking about it made him sad. He wasn't able to grow up with Suni, nor was he able to spend a lifetime with her, his first and most likely only love. The one who taught him what love was in the first place. Joongki snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the sound of a human. A low growl emitted from him as he glanced around. By instincts, he bared his teeth. Step by step, he advanced towards the sound. With his back hunched, he growled again. The growling stopped as soon as he saw what it was. A human being. Being the naturally curious wolf that he was, Joongki slowly got closer to the body.

Stretching his hand out, he nudged the lifeless body. As a limp body would, it shook a bit. Nudging it again, the body turned over from the force. Stunned the boy started at the girl before him. She was pretty, and he wondered, 'what is a girl doing on the floor on a mountain?' He softly spoke up, "Agashi..." Tapping her bare arm, he quickly withdrew his hand in surprise.

Joongki knows that he has a higher temperature than a normal human, but they were never this cold. Without another thought, he picked her up and carried her home. On his way home, he felt the body on his back stir slightly. The boy carefully readjusted her back, preventing the unconscious girl from sliding off. Only now had he noticed how light she was. Joongki didn't mind, but he's scared to break her. What if she's like a snowman, fragile and will break if you dropped her?

Quickly arriving he, he placed the girl on the bed. Rushing out of the warehouse, Joongki went to where the water hose was. He took a small bucket and filled it with water, and then went to the house beside the warehouse to search for something to use as a towel. As expected, there was barely anything, but at the corner, he saw a bunch of daily necessity and a note next to it. Joongki went over to the note and opened it to read it.

Cheolsu ah....

             Ani... You changed it to Joongki. You're very smart now. You did as I told you. I'm happy to have met you again. I'm very sorry for leaving you, but for you to live, I had to leave you. I will make this short for us. I left some things that you might need. You're welcome. Since you changed your name, I allow you to go out and explore. It's been years already, I'm sure people would forget you. If they don't. You can tell them your current name. Song Joongki. Make it the best, okay? Experience what I got to without you.

Love,

Suni

After reading her letter, Joongki had tears welling up. Does she now know that once a wolf loves someone, it will only be that person..... How can he love again? A sad sigh left his lips. Folding the note, he paused in the middle of it and unfold it once more. On the bottom of the note was a post script. He read what was in the content.

P.S. - I set you free, don't bind yourself to me. I wasn't able to be with you, and I never will be able to. Please move on for me. I know you can. Be good now, boy.

There were tear drops on it. She must've cried. 'I'll always love you...' Joongki thought to himself before folding the note and going back to attend the girl. He took a towel from the pile of necessity and headed back to the warehouse.