1/?

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (I Love You)

C H A P T E R 1

 

It’s Monday, again. Summer vacation just ended and it’s now time to go and study, again. Their hell days were back.

Hyukjae sighed, dragging his feet so he could enter the classroom, forcefully.

School days were boring – facing notebooks, ballpens, and thick books is boring -, annoying – assignments, tests, unexpected quizzes, lectures, projects, all of them are annoying -, and mentally tiring. A lot of school works makes every students stressed that grey hairs were already starting to sprang out of their heads.

The petite boy slumped his bag on his chair before slamming his face on the desk and sighed again.

He has to face that irritating teacher again who picks up on him every day, that old fat man who has a beard which seems to have a crush at him (There’s this simple theory of Hyukjae that if you likes picking up on someone without a reason, there’s a possibility to like that person).

He cringed at the thought of that ugly bastard having a crush on him and sighed even louder.

Before the bell rings, he took his thick social studies book inside his bag and placed them in front of his face, wondering why did he even bothered to grab the thing that he dislikes the most.

Oh yes, he has to review if ever that monk will (probably) try to pick up on him so he could answer any question that fatso will throw at him.

Hyukjae turned the pages of his book, only groaning when their lesson didn't caught up his interest. He needs to read it, his conscience told him – he's pretty sure himself that Mr. Fatty-with-an-ugly-beard-who-always-wear-that-unfashionable-round-black-glasses will mock him when he's at the edge of sleeping, saying that students shouldn't make him as their role model.

 

He snorted.

 

As if I want myself to be a good example in front of these brats.

 

He glanced over the window, watching how the leaves turned orange, how those leaves scattered on the ground or how it started to loose its hold on the tree – people always found it fascinating, but he doesn't – mainly because, he just simply don't care about it. It's finally autumn, and winter is about to come after a few months, and nothing's actually good with that. Life is still boring, there's nothing to spice up. Comparing it to the season could be pretty accurate, – at least that's what he thinks about autumn and his current living. Hyukjae's life is dull, lame, annoying and it doesn't contain a bottle of excitement.

Hyukjae grabs a pen inside the pocket of his bag and un-caps it. Placing a hand on his chin, he let the tip of the pen touch his desk while he's staring at it absentmindedly.

Do I even need to enumerate the reasons why Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday ?

He definitely knows that vandalizing is a bad thing – and he’ll probably end in detention after a teacher knew about this but it’s not like he’s going to tell them.

The teen pressed the back of his palm on his chin as he heard footsteps arriving.

Here comes the reincarnation of the devil Satan.

“Lee Hyukjae!”

Oh no, not again.

 

 

-

 

“Rough day?”  Kyuhyun asked, placing his hands on Hyukjae’s shoulders and massaged him.

“Yeah, not physically though.”

The brown haired chuckled, stopped in massaging his shorter friend for a while, and sat down over the chair. He grabbed a piece of a fry and stuffed it inside the mouth, making crunchy noises between them. “Don’t tell me it’s that teacher again.”

“It’s definitely him. Why can’t he just stop ruining my days? And the fact that he’s our first subject in the morning. I think I’m going to die,” Hyukjae says, crushing the poor fry between his fingers, feeling all the annoyance came back before biting a part of it. He sipped on his strawberry milk – an object that never disappears in their table. The blonde moaned in satisfaction. “Have I ever told you how French fries and strawberry milks tastes delicious?”

The taller snickered. “About a thousand times already?”

Kyuhyun started to be Hyukjae’s friend when the older was 8 while Kyuhyun was 6, meeting in a cliché way of how kids found their best friends. They’ve been inseparable since then. Being classmates from kindergarten until their last year of high school. Kyuhyun was supposed to be still a 1st grader in high school but his excellent mind got him accelerated for 2 years. Hyukjae sometimes envy the younger for being such a genius. Being able to answer your teacher’s questions without even listening, ah, it’s heaven for him! Kyuhyun’s IQ is definitely the one students are yearning for to have.

“Good afternoon to you, sweetheart!”

Now here comes Mr. I’m-going-to-make-you-puke-with-my-romantic-words.

“Siwon, how many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me disgusting names?”

“My love, how could you be disgusted with such a pretty name?” Siwon says, shoving a bouquet of roses in Kyuhyun’s face.

The brown haired distanced himself and coughed with a grimace. “Do you really need to make me eat those flowers?”

The model-like man gave him a little smile. “I apologize, darling. I just want to give those newly plucked, red flowers to you. Aren’t they beautiful and charming? Just like you, my angel that God has sent for me.”

More like a devil.

Hyukjae can’t stop himself anymore from laughing and chocked on his drink. He violently coughed, with Kyuhyun violently smacking his back too (quite on a purpose) and Siwon patting it while doing a weird mannerism of him with his fingers.

And then the bell rang.

 

 

-

 

Hyukjae had been annoyed and a bit grumpy the whole day, and it’s not a surprise for Kyuhyun to see Hyukjae like that because ever since they started being senior students, he had always been like that every weekdays except for Thursdays and Fridays.

Thursdays and Fridays are definitely the days he always liked. Other than them being close to Saturday, they’re the days where he could stretch his whole body freely during a class or sometimes, or often with a few subjects, he could listen attentively to whatever the teacher is talking about.

While Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays are the days he despise so much. It’s not like the other teachers except for that mister monk holds a grudge on him, it’s just that, Mr. Monk just likes mocking him, embarrassing him on class though he doesn’t even do anything unacceptable. No matter how much he tried exerting effort in that subject so that could just stop talking about him, he couldn’t. Unfortunate for him, it’s their first class and Hyukjae’s emotions were always set on what he will feel in the early morning, meaning to say that, whenever he feels irritated at the morning, he will be irritated the whole day.

“I’m home,” He mumbled, closing the doors of their house.

“Good evening to you too,” His mom greeted him from the kitchen. “Do you want us to eat dinner already?”

“No. I’m just going to rest a bit in my room,” Hyukjae uttered before dashing upstairs.

He sighed, putting his bag on top of his desk and then he laid on the bed, arms were spread over. He closed his eyes for a moment, trying to cool of his occupied mind (with assignments). Hyukjae his dry lips and laid his face down on the bed, changing his position. He doesn’t want to eat dinner, still, because he has to do assignments afterwards. His alone time with his books and notebooks probably means hell for him (a private time with his os were a thousand percent better), now that he’s feeling like a lazy grasshopper – when did he even got industrious anyway? About once a month? Once a year?

The blonde grumbled.

“Will tomorrow be a better day?”

“Probably not. History repeats itself,” He answered his own question. Seems accurate, right?

 

 

-

 

The next morning, Hyukjae found a note written on his desk. Perhaps, it’s something like a rude note; that’s how students are. Making fun or being sarcastic to someone who asks politely is what’s ‘in’ in their generation.

He read what’s written under his words, orally.

❝Why is that so?❞

And then he saw another sentence written which he assumes is for him.

❝You know, dont let that person piss your nerves off for the whole day. I mean, its not worth it. Youre just making yourself stressed. Just smile and show that person that hes not enough for you to be annoyed for the day. Smile and ignorance is the best weapon, some people says. Im pretty sure there are many reasons to smile for; your family, your friends jokes (and themselves too) and your lover (if you ever have one). Just a simple piece of advice (if you call that as one) :)❞

The skinny teen smiled, a real one, that big smile that shows his pink gums. He felt glad that someone cared. It made his heart feel full, and he also felt relieved since he will now have other person to tell how that teacher other than Kyuhyun (the other is too busy in entertaining that Siwon Choi or probably, that human reincarnation of a horse just forces the brown haired to assist him thus making Kyuhyun busy to listen to his endless and repeating rants), how he loathes the poor teacher. It’s also a relief that he already have an idea how to lessen his dislike for the man, or to lessen the possibilities of him killing that so-called-monk. He knows that hating a teacher to that point is childish, but he just can’t help to. That teacher just likes giving them assignments – like writing the whole chapter in their notebook (what’s the purposeos the book) and they should finish it in just a day (Lucky for them if it’s giving on Wednesday, but still). Mr. Whatever-his-surname-is just lacks of consideration to his students which is the type of teacher that Hyukjae hates the most.

Out of a sudden, he saw another note just beside that person’s piece of helpful advice.

❝P/S: I just violated a law of the school because of you!!! Feel yourself a special person (and you owe me fries). Hmp, Im not a good boy anymore :(❞

Hyukjae chuckled. He’s sure that the one who wrote that is a boy – judging from his handwriting. That boy must be cute in real life, or not. Who knows if they’re just acting cute but they aren’t really right? You know, those person who just have thick faces (like Hyukjae).

He grabbed a pen as fast as he can and started writing.

❝Not my fault for responding to a note. :P I really feel special, wow. And fries you say? Ill rather eat them by myself than giving those precious golden fries to you (I like them. Isn’t it obvious).

P/S: I don’t have a lover ^^❞

The blonde snickered again, this time getting noticed by Mr. Monk.

“Lee Hyukjae!”

Sorry oldie, but I’m too happy today to let you ruin this. I have flying unicorns and rainbows on my back you see.

Smile, Hyukjae. Show him what you’ve got.

“Yes sir?”

“Are you listening?”

“Yes.”

“What did I said?”

“Uhm, you told us to listen to you.”

The man nodded in satisfaction (or rather disappointment. Ow) and continued on discussing while his classmates looked at him with their jaws dropping, practically touching their desks.

Then someone clapped. Oh, it’s that bastard, Kyuhyun!

Ha! That’s cool, Hyuk. Give yourself a round of applause. Hooray!

 

-

 

On Wednesday, he saw another note from the boy (like what he assumes) and grins as he finished reading what he has been waiting for. He read it again, with his mouth this time, slowly and a hint of an amusement on his tone is visible.

❝YOU SHOULD BE GLAD THAT I EVEN CARED FOR YOUR NOTE. EHE, WHERES MY FRIES? Im going to hunt you in my dreams if I wont see a fries under the desk tomorrow! But, oops. I dont know who you are  but I assume that youre a boy  and whatever your face looks. Ah, and you said youre single? I bet youre one of those who has a red face  like it was dumped in a bowl of PMS (That means you have many pimples if you cant understand it because youre an idiot), and maybe you have a flat nose, irregular sized eyes, black or purple-ish lips (like it’s been punched by someone and then it turned violet or black and tada!), and maybe you have a ridiculous hair! In short, U G L Y.

Sorry, you know, handsome teens just lacks in the modest (and height sometimes, like me) department.

Heh, I’m a handsome and a good student!❞

Too cocky are we? Hmm, I’m sure and really, a hundred-one percent sure that this self bejeweled boy looks more handsome than you! I’m going to leave a picture of mine on Monday.

But what if he’s the unattractive one who wants to me? Or who just wants to e over my picture?

Oh no no! Nobody is allowed to touch my precious, golden and shining body. I’m expensive, duh.

But it’s not like I’m trying to sell myself anyway because money isn’t enough to buy this the-one-to-drool-and--for body.

Hyukjae looked over his surroundings, seeing that there’s no teacher standing in front, he mentally rejoiced. That teacher is never late so it means… He’s absent, for the first time!

The blonde swore, he’s going to fetch a priest and beg him to held a mass on their house, or school.

He grabbed his pen again and started on writing a reply to Boy Unknown.

❝My names Hyukjae and FOR YOUR INFORMATION mister, Ive grown as a very handsome, charming and eye-catching man. And by the way, other than our uncontrollable desire and love for fries, I think we have another similarity. WE BOTH LACK IN THE HEIGHT DEPARTMENT. I blame my mom and dad for producing such a short kid. Well, I just really think that handsome men just lacks height because you know, no one’s perfect ;)

No student is good, I believe, so stop assuming things like you’re a diligent pupil. Heh.❞

 

 

-

 

Donghae walked with his childish grin and a happy aura following him. Lee Donghae, he has always been like that. He’s always cheerful (and cocky) – and the possibility of seeing the cute brunette being gloomy is just rare. Whenever there’s something he don’t like, he just shrugs it off, plastering a glowing smile in his face. Or sometimes, when people sometimes confronts him for being so conceited, the brunette simply laughs and says, ‘Some people just can’t appreciate jokes’ or ‘Kill joy brats’. In contrast to that, although a few aliens from Mars dislikes him for being a self-assured jerk, several (real) people likes him for having overflowing confidence. Lee Donghae just rocks on! He’s cool (and so gay)! Otherwise, he’s a good student himself, though he’s an egotistical type of person.

He excitedly dropped his bag on his seat and he started to lay his (plump) on it.

“My name’s Hyukjae and for your information mister, I’ve grown as a very handsome, charming and eye-catching man. And by the way, other than our uncontrollable desire and love for fries, I think we have another similarity. We both lack in the height department. I blame my mom and dad for producing such a short kid. Well, I just really think that handsome men just lacks height because you know, no one’s perfect ;)”

“No student is good, I believe, so stop assuming things like you’re a diligent pupil. Heh,” He read the paragraph quite (or  really) loudly – or deafeningly.

“Donghae, how many times do I have to tell you this? Learn reading with just using your eyes!” Sungmin, his friend, annoyingly blew his orange bangs and made a pout with his perfectly molded lips.

Although people often likes Donghae, the thing that was annoying about him is that he tends to read with his mouth! Everyone will be annoyed having a classmate, or maybe seatmate like that right? It’s awfully distracting!

Donghae had tried stopping this habit of him, but much to his dismay, he never successes – because he just tried it for one time. Heck, who will even bother to change their astonishing habits right?

Lee Donghae, being conceited jerk once again.

The brunette searched for his pen inside a small pocket in his bag but there’s none. What do you expect from him anyway? Lee Donghae has always been messy with his things. ‘Why would you even bother to clean something if you will mess it after then, right?’ his reply to Sungmin when the other complained again about that stingy habit of him a month or two ago.

‘Why would you even wash your if you will just poop afterwards?’ Sungmin replied to the brunettte. He gave no response and chuckled on his seat instead.

His hand, however, felt a marker beneath the deepest part of his bag and grabbed it.

❝Hyukjae? That’s a name of a comedian right? Hehe It sounds funny.

I bet that our creator applied a jar of handsomeness more to me. You see, no one can beat my appearance. Even that Kim Youngwoon who thinks that he’s Koreas number 1 handsome guy – nah, bluffs. Tsk.

Aww, we can mourn together sometimes for lacking height. But well, on the positive side, like what you have said, no one’s perfect. Hah!

And did you just doubted my academic skills? Hey! I’m a straight A student, you idiot! You owe me another fries!!!❞

 

❝But hey, are we just going to talk about fries the whole month, or year? Might as well inform me your reason of hating MTW (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday is what it means if you cant really understand MTW (because youre  dumb)? A curious cutie here c;❞

Once satisfied with his note, he returned the cap on the pen and brought it back wherever he found it. Beneath the covers of his book, under the book, inside the small pockets of his bag or, just plainly, wherever his hand had landed to.

Hyukjae…

 

 

-

 

It’s one of those days where Hyukjae doesn’t have a class on the worst subject ever – in his opinion. He sprinted inside the school with his attractive gummy grin, making everyone notice the pleasant aura that was surrounding him.

He arrived at their classroom, the original one. He doesn’t know why that weird Mister Social Studies teacher likes them using the room which was owned by the other section. That teacher once said that the other class starts at 8:30 am, meaning to say that no one will use that room for an hour from 7:30 am, so rather than making it unoccupied, he made Hyukjae’s class to be the one to use that room – while their own room will be the one to left unoccupied. It’s doesn’t make sense. Perhaps he just wants them to be tired, early in the morning.

“Hahhhh!” Hyukjae yawned, stretching his limbs and finally settling down on his seat. He glanced on his desk, frowning when he found that there’s no handwritten notes in it, and then it struck him that the (his favorite) desk is on the other room. All of a sudden, he felt dreary. The note made an impact on him, as if it’s now the one that sets the mood of his day. Too bad, he’s anticipating for the other boy to show more cockiness in his note. On a spur of moment, his perky mood went down. He felt frustrated, he wants to talk to the boy even more but he can’t.

He sighed inaudibly and closed his eyes for a moment, opening it once he heard the bell rang.

Those ‘desk notes’ cheers him up. He doesn’t find a precise answer of why he liked those notes so much. Why is he so blithe whenever he receives a reply from the other teen that he himself doesn’t even know? Why is he so disappointed that he couldn’t reply when he could just wait for Monday to arrive and explain to him why he didn’t get to gave him a response. He only had two replies from that teen, not to mention but why is he feeling so down with just a simple note?

Hyukjae doesn’t want to admit, but he started to like Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday ever since the boy has responded to his note.

The blonde remembered the first reply the other had gave him. Smile…

Monday will come by like a paper getting carried away by the wind.

Hyukjae nodded, getting back to the usual sitting position.

He’ll just wait.

 

 

-

 

Days, weeks, months had passed. It’s the last week of November and Hyukjae could feel that winter will come by in a few weeks as he felt the weather being chilly and quite body-freezing.

He had gotten to give Donghae the reason why he won’t be able to response whenever it’s Thursday and Friday, and his acceptable reasons (he said but Donghae told him that those were childlike reasons) of disliking MTW – if he’s not wrong, he felt that Donghae scolded him for letting his day destroyed just because of an extremely annoying teacher (But it’s not anymore since this desk notes thing had started, Hyukjae wanted to say). He and Donghae had already knew their likes and dislikes, and Hyukjae found out that one of Donghae’s obsession is Iron Man – it’s like Tony hyung is the only one he praises other than himself. Oh, and he managed to get the other boy’s name a week after they started writing notes in the desk. Hyukjae had made fun of it for about 2 or 3 weeks?

Dong Hae.

What kind of parents are they to give their son an absurd name like that? Donghae as in East Sea?

He would be really glad if he will find Donghae being a fisherman, bonding with different varieties of whales, sharks, and fishes after 10 years. It would be amusing!

It’s now Tuesday, and Hyukjae had his eyes gazing at the desk full of notes. He swore, if the teacher found out about this, they’re going to be sent to the guidance office. It’s not like he would let them find out right?

The blonde haired searched for a newly written text and inwardly screamed an ‘Aha!’ when he found it.

❝Im having a typical happy Korean life. Our family is together and were happy. My mom is a teacher in Elementary School while Dad just stays in our house. My mom often teases him, saying that hes a househusband. Hehe, it sounds cute to be honest. Its not like Dad hasnt finished college and didnt went to work but maybe working as a househusband is really his passion. Isnt it adorable of my dad? Lol  And by the way, I have a very cool hyung! Hes currently studying in college now and I assure you, hes handsome like me. Heh, we look like each other (but Im more good-looking than him, though hes taller :c). How about you? Tell me about your family.❞

Hyukjae never fails to chuckle whenever he read Donghae’s letter to him. He just finds it really amusing and cute, and his mind was always jumping to a conclusion that Donghae is really charming and adorable based from his cocky yet darling notes – 99% of him tells that Donghae is really good looking while the other one left says that he’s just an ugly typical student out there that often wears ridiculous hairs.

These days, he had always been curious of what Donghae looks. He’d been itching to know what the other looks like in person, how it would be feel hanging out with Donghae. Will it be fun like what he always feels whenever they are exchanging letters? Probably.

Donghae is a nice person, he can judge him from those notes but he’s just too confident, though Hyukjae finds that Donghae’s cockiness makes him unique and admirable. Even the most conceited person in the universe cannot be compared to Donghae. Cocky persons are enjoyable to be with – in his opinion – anyway – and he’s a self conceited bastard too, well not like the other teen.

Fishing out for a pen inside the small pocket of his bag, he uncapped it and started writing.

❝I want to meet you.❞