That's My Line

I'm Just a Dancer...Right?

Chapter 6: That's My Line

 

As the group of three stood in the middle of a park, the silence between them grew as Donghae and Leeteuk thought about what they wanted to say or how to explain the current situation to the young dancer. Monique waited patiently as the two thought and decided to sit down at a nearby bench under a streetlight.

"It's hard to explain..." Donghae trailed off, getting Monique's attention who only nodded and replied, "I have all night, Donghae. I'm in no rush, so think carefully and tell me everything honestly."

Leeteuk's eyes traced the girl's form in awe, "She's different than most girls. They'd usually just run off and not listen to sense." His eyes then fell to the floor as he tried to think clearly.

"We didn't mean to lie to you, Monique-ah," Leeteuk's voice came out without his own knowledge and continued to speak. "We've never intended this to happen, but having someone who didn't know who we were, who treated us like regular people...it's just been awhile since we've been able to experience reality and not just this celebrity life." 

Monique nodded softly but spoke her mind,"Every time I asked you guys if you knew who Super Junior was, it was all for professional reasons. For their style of dance, for formations and costumes; you were all aware I've never heard of 'Super Junior' before, why would I act like a fangirl for a group I've never known or heard of?"

"I think Henry didn't want to risk it," Whispered Donghae, making Monique sigh,"He started the whole lie and I think we all just went along with it to prevent any mishaps."

"I suppose I understand," Monique softly said after a brief silence."You all are very well-known, and a whitelie to protect yourselves and such is something I should understand..." her voice trailed off, getting the two boys' attention,"but please don't lie to me again, that's all I ask of you- all of you." She waved a finger at the leader and the fishy who sighed and smiled, "Of course!" They said in a chorus.

A smile played on the girl's features, as she stood up and stretched,"Well, I better get going." The two boys looked at her in confusion.

"Where you going, Monique-ah?" Leeteuk asked, his voice laced with confusion, making the girl's smile bigger.

"I have to head to the hotel, it's getting late." She simply responded.

"A hotel?" Donghae asked as if he didn't know the meaning of a 'hotel'.

Monique laughed,"You know- those big houses with many rooms inside that you stay at for short periods of time while traveling. You're part of Super Junior, you've most likely been in one of their pools or something." She said, poking fun at the man.

"But you plan to stay for a while, don't you?" Leeteuk asked with a little hint of a suspicious tone, Monique looking over the tone as if he asked an everyday question.

"Well, since I am your permanent choreographer-plus your subgroups-I guess I will be hanging around permanently, why?" Her arms had found their way to be crossed across her chest from a slight breeze.

Donghae gave Leeteuk a knowing glance and smirked,"Well, we know of a place where you can stay if you don't mind being around men all the time..." Leeteuk spoke swiftly.

Monique's face crunched up in confusion and in thought, "Well, if the men don't try anything, it won't hurt, I suppose. Plus, it'll save money on a hotel- it's pretty expensive." She nodded in approval,"Well, where is this place?"

Leeteuk and Donghae placed innocent, yet meschevious, smiles on their faces as they said,"Just follow us."

---------- ---------- -----------

"It's seems pretty nice- but why would boys be the only ones living here?" Monique asked as her, Donghae and Leeteuk entered into an apartment building area.

Leeteuk and Donghae only smiled as they led the girl up a couple flights of stairs and to a specific door in the hallway. Leeteuk grabbed a key and began opening the door, Monique frantically grabbed his hand,"No! We can't break into someone's house!" Leeteuk blinked at the girl who's hand grabbed his and laughed, lightly tugging his hand from her grasp.

"Donghae~" Monique grabbed Donghae's arm as she hid behind him,"I don't wanna go to jail or.." her eyes widened,"I DON'T WANT TO BE !!" Leeteuk and Donghae couldn't help but burst into laughter that built up in their stomachs.

As tears began to flow from the eyes of the boys, the door swung open to reveal a half Heechul with a towel around his waist,"YAH~!! HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO SLEEP AND RELAX WITH ALL THIS NOISE?!"

Monique's confused features explained everything to Heechul as he watched his leader and his dongsaeng laughing uncontrolably on the floor in front of him. He rolled his eyes as he grabbed the confused and scared girl from the hallway and pulled her, along with Donghae and Leeteuk, into their dorms.

"W-what's going on?" Monique asked as she saw Ryeowook coming from the kitchen, Siwon exersizing on a bike machine, Kyuhyun on his laptop in the diningroom, Eunhyuk and Shindong practicing their dancing and Sungmin sleeping soundly on the floor.

"Well?" Heechul asked looking at the two men in front of him, still driping water from his shower and still wrapped in a towel.

"Well, Monique, would you like to stay with us?" Leeteuk asked after up his laughter.

Monique's expression changed into one that couldn't be read as all the rest of the boys formed around her, waiting for an answer, "B...b-but..."

Ryeowook smiled and hopped to sit next to Monique on the couch,"Come on~ it'll be fun! You can help me cook!" He leaned in closer and whispered,"I'd need the help- they eat a lot!" Monique looked to her older and smiled softly, giggling.

"Come on, Monique-ah~ We need a woman's touch around here too!" Kyuhyun spoke from his laptop as he eavesdropped on the ordeal going on in the room next to him.

"Hey! If I was to stay here, I'm not going to be your guys' maid!" She spoke loudly.

"Does that mean you'll stay?" Kibum asked with a hopeful look on his face.

Monique sighed as she thought it out,"What about my stuff?"

Leeteuk nodded,"We'll go pick it up for you. And if you need anything we can get it for you. You'll have to share a room with someone, but you'll get to choose who you feel more comfortable with. We have everything you need here: a place to stay, food..."

Just then Kangin pushed Hangeng slightly, yelling,"Yah! You're the one with the !"

Heechul mumbled,"...entertainment."

Leeteuk laughed, "And us!"

Monique bit her lip in thought and sighed,"Okay, doesn't sound TOO harmful. But now, who am I gonna stay with?"

All the boys looked at each other and smiled.

"As Leeteuk-hyung said, you get to choose," Heechul spoke with a wink, causing Monique to roll her eyes.

"Definitely not you," she thought.

"Well, how about I spend time with everyone and then I choose?" Monique asked hopefully.

Leeteuk smirked,"Nope. We have to know where we're settling you tonight that way you have a proper place to sleep."

Monique's head hung as she thought,"Heechul- the wink is an automatic NO. Donghae- possibly, I'm comfortable with him, I mean I DID sleep on his shoulder on the plane here..." She hid a slight blush and continued thinking,"Shindong is caring, but he seems to be the type to snore. Kibum- maybe. He seems nice enough. Ryeowook- he's really cute and innocent. Siwon- I don't know him that well, so no. Sungmin- possibly. He's protective of me in a way. Leeteuk- I'm kinda comfortable with him, he's nice and helps me. Kyunhyun- I don't think so. He seems like the type to get on my nerve, him and Kangin both. Henry- he lied once, so nah. Hangeng- don't know him well and aparentally has a . Zhou Mi- he seems quiet and nice, but I don't know him. Yesung- he's really nice and kind, so maybe. Eunhyuk- he's really nice and seems clean, so possibly..."

The girl's hands went up in frustration,"Fine, who doesn't mind me sleeping in the same room as them?" All the boys stept forward. She mumbled, "That didn't help any.."

She thought carefully,"Donghae, Kibum, Ryeowook, Sungmin, Leeteuk, Yesung or Eunhyuk?"

She had unconciously spoke the names aloud, making each boy she had called smile. Her gaze went up as she looked at each of her choices," I'm bunking with each of you once until the day I begin choreographing- that's exactly enough time to spend one night with each of you, so I'm starting with Donghae tonight, Kibum tomorrow night, Ryeowook the next, Sungmin after, then Leeteuk, then Yeung, then finally, Eunhyuk."

Leeteuk went to interupt, but Monique cut him off,"I'm fine sleeping on the floor if there's not an extra bed in any of the rooms, I'm sorry Leeteuk-ssi, but I want to make sure I'm with someone I can tolerate." Leeteuk smiled softly and nodded,

"Okay, so Donghae's first. And Monique-ah-" Monique looked up at her name,"Drop the -ssi and just call me Oppa, arasso?"

She blinked as she went through her brain files to understand the meaning of Oppa and Arasso, then nodded.

"Okay, Leeteuk-Oppa. I'm tired, so Donghae, uhm... where's your room?" A blush creeped on her cheeks as she asked, biting her lip softly and placing a hand at the back of her neck.

"You mean OUR room," he said with a soft smile, "for tonight."