Surprising Date

Afraid to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin's P.O.V

 

I ignored my text from Jay asking why I hadn't talked to him for the past days. I wasn't exactly in the mood to speak to anyone. Bom has been an emotional wreck and I have had a lot of work piling up on me this week. Obviously Seunghyun ended it for good the last time they met, and he even explained everything. It all sounded bittersweet to me when she told me all that happened while bawling her eyes out. And yet again my heart reaches out to this couple.

 

I've given up on trying to date Jay. I don't feel anything. When we kissed I didn't even feel the same spark I did with Jiyong. I was pretty sure Jay was the best kisser until I met Jiyong. Jiyong kisses like a freaking love god. He knows just the right things to do, how to touch you and when. I've fallen hard, and though I claim to want to move on, I really want him. A part of me hopes that he at least has some feelings for me, but I'm sure he doesn't. He's a player, why would he fall for me of all people? 

 

"Are you going back to work today?" I showed her a gentle smile as she rolled her eyes and smirked. 

 

"You don't have to look at me like I'm gonna break any second. Yes, I'm working today. My life still goes on. Thank you for everything, Chae, but I'm better now. Don't worry too much. I found out something about you recently." She winked secretly only confusing me. Something about me? I'm not keeping anything from her though. 

 

"What? Did I leave out something the last time we spoke?" I replied curiously as she shook her head and snickered. 

 

"Secret. You'll find out soon, I'm sure. Have fun at work, take care." She faintly smiled before giving me a quick hug, surprising me. I thought she was lying when she said she was better, but she sounded and even looked better. This is good, as long as it doesn't involve her giving up on him. Because I still believe in them. They're seriously meant to be.

 

I strutted towards my office almost running late when my secretary stopped me. "Miss, Jay-sshi is waiting for you inside, and your parents want you in your dad's office in an hour. The Kwons will be there too. They said it's important. And here are the papers according the meeting you missed yesterday."

 

"Thanks." I smiled politely before continuing to my office while reading the papers. 

 

"Good morning, beautiful." Jay showed me a lopsided grin and bent down to peck my cheek, surprising me. 

 

"Oh, hi." I chuckled nervously. After the kiss a couple of days back he must have gotten the wrong idea. I don't exactly know how to explain that without sounding harsh. 

 

"Why haven't you answered my messages?" He frowned disapprovingly while stepping closer as I smiled sheepishly. 

 

"Jay, I found out I'm not ready to move on or date anyone else. The kiss was a mistake, Jay. I'm really sorry. I thought I'd be able to move on, especially with you, but I can't. I'm a for leading you on, you're totally allowed to hate me." I tucked strands of my hair behind my ear nervously as he sighed. 

 

"I knew it was too good to be true." He ran a hand through his hair before turning around to leave. 

 

"Jay, please." He scoffed before slamming the door after himself. Perfect. The last thing I wanted to do was bring another person into my mess, but I just did. I sat down angrily as I started working. I'm very curious to this sudden meeting with the Kwons and my parents. 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo." I bowed as soon as I entered my dad's office making the Kwons chuckle. 

 

"What have I said about being so polite? It's really sweet of you, darling, but you don't need to. We have good news." Soo Jin Kwon said. This is Mrs. Kwon She's a sweet lady, and she even treats me like her own daughter. She came and hugged me as I grinned shyly. They're close friends of my parents. They have been for the past three years ever since they lost their son. He's not dead. Well, he's still alive they say, but he disappeared three years ago and haven't even contacted them except from a stupid letter he left before he vanished. Either way, I'm just curious to know these good news, which I think involve me since I'm here in the first place.

 

"Hello, Chae." Dong-Min Kwon also known as Mr. Kwon greeted me nicely. I waved back awkwardly while throwing him a smile. He's really intimidating, I swear. It's like his trademark. One word to describe him would be charismatic, and he's actually very good-looking for his age. I'm sure their son is handsome. I've never thought about it before, but he must be so hot. Look at his parents for crying out loud. 

 

"You said you had good news." I tried to sound less impatient and more excited. It seemed to work considering how Mrs. Kwon's smile grew even bigger than it already was. Something which was pretty impossible at this rate. The news better be huge. 

 

"You remember our son we told you about?" she asked as we all took a seat. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter