CAPji - cap/chunji

Linden Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Breathe

[C.A.P/Chunji]

 

Chunji savours the unhurried langour of watching the rainfall from the warm confines of his bedroom. It is akin to feeling as if there is time. A lot of it. The blanket they had left at the window-seat last night feels a little cool when he settles it around himself. Probably because they've left the temperature a bit too low. Because Chunji likes it that way.

 

The rain drums away in heavy staccato, drowning Chunji in blissful mindlessness. So he can lean against the smooth glass of the tall window and not think of anything, not worry about anything, forget himself till he must not. The twenty-fourth floor is too high up to give him a distracting view of the life buzzing on roads despite the storm. He gazes at the building tops, the omnious clouds, trying to search for the horizon.

 

He wishes he could stop. Here. Right now.

 

But he is not alone. Not today. And Minsoo makes a beeline for the slim man curled up near the window as soon as he is out of the shower.

 

Chunji breathes in Minsoo's scent as he wraps his arms around his shoulders and rests his chin atop Chunji's head. So familiar that it is the very air he breathes. It doesn't tickle the nerves in his nose the way it did three years ago. Now, it goes silently to his head, his heart even before he is aware of it.

 

"They say smells can trigger memories you have forgotten."

 

The words undoubtedly have a greater implication for Minsoo than to an impassionate passer-by. Chunji did not mean to state a fact.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter