Chapter 6

Eclipse of the Night

While sleep claimed the household inside, outside however, the night grew darker as the luminescent glow of the moon was hidden behind ominous clouds. Inside, Hyerin began to toss and turn in her bed once the moonlights glow disappeared. It was like the shadows were alive and moving toward her as her mind seemed to drift off.


A long hallway stretched out before her. With widened eyes, she turned in a complete circle trying to figure out where she was. She soon found herself walking down the hallway as if someone was holding her hand and tugging her along. She was soon beside a partially opened door where the murmurs of conversation resounded. Blinking several times, she leaned closer to see two men speaking in hushed tones.

“What do you mean they’ve disappeared?” one stated with a surprisingly deep voice. “It’s just as I said. It was during that lunar eclipse the other day. We were supposed to begin the mission while they were gathered, but when we arrived they were all gone,” a nasally voice replied to the other.

“I see,” the first man stated as he was about to speak again, Hyerin leant in a little too far and the door’s hinge protested with a loud groan. Hearing the sound, the duo’s heads whipped toward the door while she scrambled backwards to lean against the wall.

With several long strides, the first male yanked the door open to see the female before him with enlarged eyes. “You!” he started to say while reaching out toward her when the area began to distort around her.


Blinking her eyes, she soon realized she was back in her room. Closing her eyes again she soon saw the foreboding male again and a short scream erupted from her lips. With a start, she reopened her eyes and sat up clutching as fear trickled down her spine. A hand was then placed on her causing her to scream again she turned her head to see Kai sitting beside her with a concerned look on his face.

“Are you ok noona?” he asked. Nodding, she began to relax realizing that she was back in her room again and no that weird hallway. “Kai, why are you in my bed?” she asked him in surprise. “I, uh,” he started to say while the tips of his ears began to become flushed. “Kai?” she called again before her eyes started to narrow. “Answer me,” she demanded.

“I didn’t want to sleep with the others and you were alone so I thought I’d sleep by you,” he rushed out only to have her blink furiously before her hand reached out and patted his hair softly. “It’s ok, you should have woken me up before you climbed in though,” she scolded lightly. He nodded in understanding as he grinned up at her while she smiled gently at him.

The duo soon heard the resounding chorus of feet stomping in the hallway before her door was flung open by none other than Kris, Suho, and Sehun. “Noona! Are you ok?” Sehun exclaimed while running over and pulling her into a hug as he began to check to see if she had been harmed. “I’m fine Sehunnie,” she murmured softly. “It was just a nightmare.” Sehun nodded before turning his head only to see Kai sitting in her bed, underneath the covers. He immediately started pointing at him in surprise. “What are you doing in noona’s bed?”

Realizing what the maknae was talking about, Kris and Suho turned toward Kai to see he was in fact lying in Hyerins’ bed. “Kai,” Kris said warningly which caused Kai to immediately teleport away, but not before leaning over and kissing Hyerins’ cheek. “Call me if you need a sleeping buddy noona! Bye!” he called as he disappeared. Blinking furiously, Hyerins’ hand raised toward the cheek he had kissed as a flush started to appear on her cheeks.

“Not fair hyung!” Sehun called out in exasperation. “Noona, you shouldn’t have let him do that to you! Now I have to kiss it to get rid of his germs!” Sehun stated while leaning toward her only to have a hand yank his collar backwards. Landing on the ground, Sehun looked up to see Kris towering over him with a scowl on his face before yanking the younger behind him and out of the room. “Night noona!” he called out as the door slammed shut behind the two leaving Suho in the room with her.

“Sorry for that Hyerin,” he said bowing toward her in apology. Waving it off, she shook her head. “It’s ok Suho, it helped me try and forget about the nightmare that I just had,” she replied. “Alright then, sleep well, if you need anything please let one of us know,” he stated before leaving the room to reclaim his sleep.

Sighing, Hyerin looked out the window to see that the moon was glowing was more and the ominous clouds long gone. Lying back down, sleep soon reclaimed the household. Several hours later, Hyerin awoke before the dawn. Realizing what the time was, she immediately got up and quietly dressed before heading downstairs and into the kitchen. Just as her hand touched the doorknob, a soft cough was heard behind her and she turned her head to see D.O standing there.

“Are you ok noona?” he asked quietly and she nodded her head before a thought came to her. “D.O, have you ever been horseback riding?” she questioned the younger only to see him shake his head vigorously. “I see, well come with me,” she stated not giving the reason why. Tilting his head in wonder, he soon shrugged before following her outside and into the barn where the sound of hay being crunched was heard.

Seeing the horses before him, D.O’s eyes enlarged even more than they normally do as he starred in wonder at the animals before him. With a mischievous gleam in her eye, Hyerin soon had Epona and another mare saddled and brought out to stand before the surprised male before her. Stepping toward him, she took his hand into her own, and with a slight tug, pulled him closer to the mare. “This is Gypsy,” she said while holding his hand close to the dark brown mare.

He soon felt Gypsy nudge his hand as if looking for a treat. Laughing at how soft the muzzle was, D.O placed his hand on the horse on his own without realizing that Hyerin had stepped back to watch. “I think she likes you,” she said softly. Hearing this, D.O turned to her in surprise. “Why did you bring me out here?” he asked in wonder. Winking she nodded toward the horse. “I’ll show you, do you need help getting onto the saddle?” she asked with a tilt of her head. Watching him shake his head, she turned and climbed atop the saddle and out of the corner of her eye she saw him get up as well.

Clicking her tongue against the buccal side of her teeth, she spurred Epona forward with Gypsy following close behind. Feeling the wind caress her skin, she let out a peal of laughter as she directed the horses toward a hill not too far from her home. Seeing her look so free, D.O couldn’t help but smile as well. As they reached the hill, they slowed down and D.O stared in wonder at the majestic beauty of nature in all its’ glory whilst the sun began to rise over the horizon.

“Wow,” D.O called out in surprise and Hyerin smirked watching him stare around him. “It’s nice isn’t it?” she asked and she watched him shake his head agreement. “Whenever I feel down I always come out and relax while being surrounded by nature. I’m glad I could show it to you,” she said gently and D.O felt a smile tug his lips up as he turned to her.

“Thank you noona for showing me,” he replied sincerely. With a nod she turned the horse back around. “You’re welcome, I’m glad you liked it. If you want, whenever I come out here, you can come with me,” she said as the duo began to head back. “I think I’d like that,” he said softly. “Alright then, well lets head back before the others wake up,” she said before spurring Epona forward.

Following in her example the duo soon returned back to the house and made their way inside after brushing the horses and leading them into their stalls. Stepping back into the house, Hyerin noticed that they were still the only ones awake at the moment. “I’m going to get cleaned up and I’ll start making breakfast,” she said before heading to her room.

Not too long after they had separated, did she return into the kitchen feeling clean. As she walked back in, however, she stopped in surprise to see D.O standing there awaiting her. “If you don’t mind, I’d like to help you cook,” he said while shifting his feet.

“Of course you can,” she replied while leaning over and ruffling his hair. Winking she nodded toward the counter and they began to make a feast. Several minutes later, soft footsteps resounded in the kitchen only to stop as the male stared in surprise watching as D.O bumped his hip into Hyerin’s causing her to laugh in delight. “Should there be something I need to be aware of?” a voice resounded through the room making them stop and turn around in sync.

“Oh! Good morning Kris! Kyungsoo and I were making some breakfast, coffee is being brewed right now, but I have some juice and milk in the fridge that you are welcome to,” Hyerin called with a smile. Hearing her call him by Kyungsoo, D.O felt a blush creep up on his cheeks as he turned away and continued his task. With a brow raised at his reaction, Kris shook his head before heading toward the coffee maker to obtain a mug.

Soon the house was filled with the resounding chorus of ‘good morning,’ “So, Hyerin, where did you and D.O end up disappearing to this morning?” Chen asked while wiggling his eyebrows at the two. Hearing the question, the room was silenced immediately as they rest of the brothers became curious as well. “Oh that? We went to watch the sunrise out a ways from here,” Hyerin said simply while taking a sip of her coffee.

“Well, boo, you’re no fun. I was expecting something a little more daring than that,” Chen said pouting. Hearing his reply, everyone burst into laughter while Kris and Suho shook their head at the pranksters’ action. Not long after everyone finished eating and Lay offering to wash dishes with D.O, did Hyerin head back into the stables to restock the hay.

Humming quietly to herself, she didn’t realize that the soft click of boots resounded behind her with an ominous aura. It wasn’t until she heard the shrill cry of the horses warning her that she whirled around to see the figure of someone she definitely did not want to see. Eyes widening and fear settling into the pit of her stomach, she took a step back and watched as a smirk appeared on the others face. “Well, here you are. I’ve finally found you,” a deep voice resonated in the stables causing chill to scrambled its’ way down her spine. As an arm began to be raised toward her as if to snatch her, did the scream that had been lodged in erupt out and pierce the air.


Hello everyone, sorry for the delay in this chapter. I've just been really busy what with getting a new job and working all of the time. If you were wondering what 'buccal' means, its a term meaning the side of the teeth that is closest to the tongue. Just some dental terminology for you. I hope you enjoy this chapter and I will see in the next one! ^___^