Chapter 3

Eclipse of the Night

“Hyerin?” he repeated, letting the name roll around his tongue. He soon began to smile. “It’s nice to meet you Hyerin and thank you again for helping me,” he smiled at her with a slight eye smile.

Giving a nod, she smiled back. “Sure, but I’m still a little confused as to why you were on my property. The closest city isn’t exactly close. Were you perhaps hiking and had gotten lost?” she asked with concern.

He began to shake his head as a confused look crossed his face. “I’m not sure to be honest. I don’t even know how I got here. One minute I was with my brothers and the next moment I was in the middle of that field. I’m confused,” he stated with a slight pout.

Seeing the pout made her want to pinch his cheeks. “Well, how about this then. For now, you can stay with me until you find your brothers,” she stated watching his face light up in happiness. “By the way though, how old are you?”

With a joyful expression, he clasped her hands in between his own and gave a full on grin. “I’m turning twenty this year,” he replied. “Ah, so that means you are younger than me. I’m twenty-five,” she stated.

“Oh! So does that mean I can call you noona?” he asked like a little kid about to open a present.

Laughing slightly she gave a nod to give him permission. Just as he was about to reply, there was knock on the front door causing Hyerin to stand up in defense. “Noona? What’s wrong?” he asked. Quickly making her way toward the door, she picked up her archers bow and lightly held an arrow in one hand. “No one knows where I live,” she said reaching the door.

Becoming tense, Sehun watched as she cautiously stepped up to the door. Yanking the door open and then immediately pulling the string taut on the bow while aiming at the person on the other side. With a quick glance, she noticed that there were three men standing there until she realized who the last person was.

Eyes narrowing she glared at the man. “YOU!” she called out while releasing the arrow. Seeing that she had fired, Sehun immediately stood up only to watch Hyerin gasp in shock. As her knees gave out on her, she collapsed to a sitting position, and watched the closest person to her hold their hand out and stop the arrow in midair without even touching it.

Seeing her fall, Sehun dashed toward her and knelt without even looking at who was at the door. Just as he was about to say something three voices called out his name. “Sehun!” they cried in happiness. Looking up, a huge smile broke out on his face and he stood up and ran toward the first male. “HYUNG!” he called while pulling the other into a hug.

Seeing that the two were hugging, Hyerin stood back up and looked on with wonder. Turning back around, Sehun reached out toward her and pulled her forward. “Noona, these are some of my brothers,” he grinned. forming an ‘o’ shape, she nodded her head slowly.

“Sorry to frighten you, but would it be ok if we came in to talk?” the closest male asked. Sehun then turned to her and began to vigorously nod his head in agreement. Sighing, Hyerin nodded as well. “Do I have any choice?” she asked him only to hear the male she had shot the arrow toward sneer at her. “You sure as hell don’t,” he sneered.

Turning toward him, she narrowed her eyes. “Shut your mouth,” she snapped at him. Sensing the tension, the oldest of the four stepped inside. “Ignore him, he’s always like that,” he said as he passed her and walked into the living room. “I’m Luhan by the way, the sourpuss is Tao, and the quiet one is Kai,” he stated while sitting down.

Nodding, she watched as the other two walked past her and Sehun literally skipped over to Luhan and sat beside him. Closing the door she walked closer. “I guess I better start playing hostess. Would you like anything to drink?” she asked Kai and Luhan but ignoring Tao.

“Who would want anything from you?” Tao stated with a haughty tone. Snapping her head toward him, she glared. “Who said anything about me asking if you wanted anything?” she snapped back. Feeling the tension start to rise, Luhan shook his head in exasperation. “Just water will be fine,” he said with Kai nodding along.

Giving a quick nod, she headed into the kitchen to get the drinks. Once she was gone, Luhan turned his head toward Kai. “Kai, go get the others and bring them here,” he stated and watched as the younger male nod his head before disappearing into a cloud of dark smoke.

Several minutes later, Hyerin returned to the living room holding a glass of water in each hand. Stepping back into the room, she looked up only to see a large group of men suddenly appear before her. Eyes widening in shock, she felt the glasses slip from her hands and collide with the ground and shattering. Hearing the noise, all heads turned toward her and began to stare.

 


Well, here's chapter 3! I'm really excited to hear that people are liking my story! I really do appreciate everyone taking the time to read it! ^___^