Duo

The Mint Heart

Kyuhyun’s POV

It has been almost ten minutes since Siwon and I sat in front of this old man, SMEnt’s CEO Lee Sooman, but he cares more about the documents on his desk than us. What confuses me even more, is why he only called me and Siwon to come to his office. What’s wrong with me and Siwon? Yeah, I have to admit that I’m happy about this although I don’t know what’s exactly happening.

 

I turn my head to the person next to me, there is Siwon sitting with his sullen face yet he’s still looking very handsome. Oh God, please don’t make me jump on him right now…

 

“I can’t stay here for long, Sir. I have a schedule in fifteen minutes. I’ll be going now if you won’t tell me why you asked me to come here” Siwon talks calmly, still keeping his expressionless face.

 

My eyes bulge out, is he crazy? He talked with the king of butcher here. He is digging his own grave. I’ll choose to wait thousands of years than interrupting that old man and whatever he’s doing. I don’t want to risk my wonderful life so I stay silent and keep my head low. My heart is beating so fast.

I lift my head but I regret it right away. My eyes are locked on Siwon’s face and I can’t move my sight away from him. Why is there such a perfect and wonderful face like his in this world? I think he’s lost in this world and he should go back to heaven. He’s an angel not a human. Sigh… I’m falling for him again today.

 

“Oh, you have schedules after this? You are always impatient, Siwon. Okay, I’ll tell you now. This is a result from our polling. You do know about that, right?”

 

I shift my sight to Lee Sooman. Polling? Stupid! How can I forget about that polling to choose a new duo from our group?

 

“Both of you will be a new subgroup from Super Junior as a duo. Your fans chose you and they are all so excited about that” He smiles to Siwon as he puts his glasses on the table.

 

Unbelievable! I, Cho Kyuhyun, will be Choi Siwon’s partner as a Duo? If I’m all alone, I’ll jump and scream out loud! Unfortunately, I can’t do that now. What will Siwon say about me if I do that childish act?

This is my luckiest day of this year. Is this a dream? I pinch my arm in silence. Ouch! It hurts. It’s real, Cho Kyuhyun. It’s REAL!

 

“I’ll announce it in the meeting tomorrow, and I’ll ask your manager to re-organize your schedules for the next two months. Do you have any questions?” Lee Sooman wears his glasses again and that is a sign that he will kick us out of his room soon.

 

“What will we do, Sir?” I ask as I take a glance at Siwon who is still sitting calmly in his spot.

 

“Stupid! Of course you’ll sing like EunHae do. But you two will sing ballad songs” He glares at me.

 

“I have to go now. I think there’s nothing left that we need to talk about”

 

Siwon says as he gets up and walks out of the room, and I go after him after bowing to The Fussy CEO. I close the door and walk through the hallway. I can see Siwon’s back not so far from where I am now. That guy, A Choi that makes me head over heels with him. He makes me fall in love with him every single day.

 

He’s always like this, so cold. But that’s the way he is and I like him without any complaints just like I like mint ice cream that makes my tongue freeze and Siwon is just like it.  The coolest of the coolest.

 

***

Siwon’s POV

 

Sungmin hyung? What is he doing next to my gabby? ! I will be late if I face bundles of his not so important questions. I can see that he’s smiling widely when he spots me walking toward him. No, not him, but toward my car.

 

“Siwon, are you coming from the old man’s office? What were you doing there? Why did he ask you to come? Tell me! Tell me!” He’s showering me with questions even before I reach the car.

 

Good. Now he’s using his puppy eyes to convince me. Useless… It won’t work on me. I push him away from my car’s door because I don’t have time to play around with him. I have to go now.

“Siwon, where are you going? You should tell me first then you can go” He whines when he sees me about to open my car.

 

“Hyuung! I have to go now. I have schedules and I won’t tell you no matter how hard you try to convince me. And your puppy eyes are not working on me. Just go to your roommate if you are dying to know. Go, hyung. I have to go now” I say with my best pleading eyes.

 

“Kyuhyun? What?! He also went to the old man’s office… Really? Don’t you dare to fool me, Choi!” His eyes start sparkling when he knew he can ask someone other than me about this. Then he waves his hands and walks back to the building.

Great!

Kyuhyun… That guy is so weird. He asked me to wear couple T-shirts for promoting our mini album. Tsk! He ran after me when we finished with the weird old man who owns our agency. I thought I was free from weird situations after that meeting, but I was wrong because Kyuhyun walked beside me and offered me to make our couple T-shirts. What’s wrong with him? I can understand if our outfits are similar to each other, but couple T-shirts? Oh God! That’s ridiculous.

 

I’m too busy thinking about Kyuhyun and his couple T-shirts that I don’t realize that Gabby and I have already arrived to the shooting location.

***

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

“AAAAAA! KYUNNIE! Wow! Unbelievable! You must be SO happy, aren’t you?” Sungmin screams so loud like a crazy teenage fangirl.

See! Even Sungmin said that the news is unbelievable. Is it so obvious to him that I’m so HAPPY? Haha. I can’t help it. If you ask me why? Well, because I’ve been praying and anticipating for this for a long time. Yes! I want, no I really want, to do a duet with Siwon. Ugh! Maybe all the members know that I’m Choi Siwon’s secret admire. Or we can say that I’m his public admire? Everyone knows about that fact.

“You should make plans, Kyu. You should think about it carefully” Sungmin grins and stares at me with a weird look.

“Plan? For what?” I look at him in confusion.

“To catch Heebum? … Of course not Stupid! You should make a plan to win Siwon’s heart and his love. Kyu, this is your chance. Oh God, my heart!” He  looks at me in the eyes while his hands are on my shoulders.

Oh my Stupid Hyung, why is he even more enthusiastic than me, the one who will be Siwon’s duo partner? Okay, I admit that my mind already thought about everything that I’ll do together with Siwon. I already asked him about Couple T-shirts after meeting with Lee Sooman and he didn’t seem to complain about that.

“How do you know about that, hyung?”

“Oh, C’mon Kyu! Everyone in the dorms and even all of our lovely managers know about your public secret. That’s your own fault because you told everyone that you are Choi Siwon’s admirer. You always greet the ice prince first, you always sit beside him if we have a meeting or something, you’ll be busying yourself mumbling something so unclear when you’re not satisfied with the arrangement seats for PressCon, you drew a heart signs on the date of Siwon’s birthday in your calendar, and you’ll always stay in front of the TV when Siwon’s new drama is airing. C’mon, maknae, everyone knows that you are Choi Siwon’s fanatic fan. If Choi Siwon has his solo concert, you’ll be the first person who will buy the ticket and take the front row”

Finally Sungmin’s speech is over, but I can’t shrug it off since the words he just said are all so true.

“Hyung! I don’t have any intention to get his heart. I’m purely his fan. Just a fan. Even if I tell everyone that I like him, it doesn’t mean I want something more than this. It’s already enough. I’m the luckiest person who will get to do a duet with his idol” I smile widely when I think about singing together with Siwon, just the two of us without the others. That is what we call a true happiness for a fanatic fan like me.

***

Siwon’s POV

“Why should we have a duo, sir? We already have EunHae. And why should it be Siwon and Kyuhyun? We all know that Siwon’s voice is no better than mine” Yesung is complaining after he heard Lee Sooman’s announcement about my duet with Kyuhyun.

“Because that’s what the polling said. They want a new duo from Super Junior, and this duo is different than EunHae because they will sing ballad songs. And if you want to know why Kyuhyun and Siwon who will be partners, you should ask your fans out there who chose them, not me” Lee Sooman glares at Yesung because he doesn’t like when his decision is being argued by someone, and Yesung is not an exception.

“Okay, that’s all guys. Our meeting is over” Lee Sooman ends the meeting and walks out of the room, leaving us who only remain silent.

I take a glance toward Yesung who is opening the innocent door harshly… Here we go again. I actually don’t know why our fans chose me instead of Yesung. I realize that my voice is not that good, but what can I do? This is not about who have the best voice, but this is about the result from the polling.

I tilt my head to the side and I can see Kyuhyun talking with Sungmin. I smile when they start giggling. Kyuhyun is sometimes so annoying, but sometimes he will be cute and tame.

He will be triple annoying though when he’s so clingy to me and when he sticks around me. Even when I’m going to the restroom, he will wait no matter how long it will take.

I need my private time. I need time to be alone because I don’t like it when I should talk more than what I’m used to. Actually I like it when he’s sticking around me because it’s comfortable although it pisses me off a bit. Yeah, it’s just the way he is. If he’s not around, it leaves me wondering why.

***

Two days later

Kyuhyun’s POV

I stand up right away when I see Siwon stepping into the recording room. Ah, he also looks so handsome in his blue T-shirt, and those sunglasses make him even more handsome. Oh my God, why do I like his face this much?

“Hyung! You’re here” I say as I link my hand around his strong arm.

“Oh, hi Kyu. I’m sorry I’m late” He sits in front of me and I free his arm reluctantly.

“Never mind, hyung. I just arrived as well” Lie! You’ve already been here since an hour ago, Cho Kyuhyun.

Okay, I’m too excited and I’ve been anticipating this day ever since I received the document about our song. I woke up really early in the morning (for me) at 7 O’clock, I bid my farewell to my lovely bed, then I went to the bathroom. I didn’t forget to eat breakfast and by 8 O’clock I was done so I drove here, an hour earlier from the appointment. Don’t blame me! Blame that Choi guy! What spell has he put on me? He makes me crazier, crazier and crazier…

“Oh, really Kyu? Good then. Can we start now? Maybe we can start from our own part for this song then we can continue to our parts together. How about that?” He says while his eyes are locked on the paper.

I can hear and understand what he just told to me, but I can’t take my eyes off of his face. I know that he can feel my gaze and it makes him uncomfortable, but I don’t care as long as I can enjoy his angelic face. This is what we call happiness, guys!

***

Finally, it’s over. Now I know why the ELFs chose Siwon. Although his voice is not as good as Yesung’s but his husky tone will intoxicate anyone… so y. His voice has its own charm. I wonder why the management gives him small parts. I hope I will hear that voice more often… I know I will.

***

Siwon’s POV

I just reached my apartment after recording with Kyuhyun, and as I sit on the couch, I’m still wondering why the ELFs chose me? After the recording I came home right away after saying goodbye to Kyuhyun and the other staff there since I couldn’t stay there any longer. Because...

That voice...

Kyuhyun’s voice…

Oh God! What’s happening to me? His voice is still echoing in my ears. I already hear his voice so often, but why is his voice affecting me so much this time. His voice is so soft and intoxicating…

***

okay, I don't know if it's like what you're expecting or not, but I hope you enjoy it :D

and thank you again, again, and again SiwonnieFan <3

leave a comment, it will make me happy and that will cheer me up and make my mood is up...

LOVE from WonKyu ^3^