Fourth Encounter

Teach Me About Friendship

The next couple of days went past fast. Sungjong hadn’t noticed but perhaps it was due to how his life wasn’t boring anymore. It became more enjoyable and fun after meeting Sunggyu’s friends, and especially Sunggyu, the hamster-like boy that he was now fond of.

 

Sungjong had picked up a couple of things about the people that surrounded him, such as Dongwoo, the hyperactive light pink-haired boy who was immensely in love with freestyle dancing and often had competitive battles with Hoya. He and Hoya stuck like glue most of the time and apparently the reason was that they were childhood friends. Dongwoo also had a thing for laughing. Sungjong wasn’t even sure that a human could laugh for so long until he met him. The boy had an ability to bring a smile on anyone’s face when they were chatting with him and Sungjong was glad someone like him existed.

 

Next was Hoya, the boy with raven black hair. His muscles were no joke, Sungjong had concluded when he saw Hoya lift up a heavy looking pole that was blocking the pathway once. Despite his really deep and tough appearance, Hoya also had a personality that made others feel relaxed around him. Every now and then Hoya would have a sharp tongue but in reality he was a sweet person who had a guilty obsession of childish things which he didn’t like others knowing but it was obvious if you were close to him.

 

There was also Myungsoo and Sungyeol, both being brunets. They’ve been close friends since the start of 2nd grade and their parents also knew each other. Myungsoo was at first a nonchalant person who seemed to not care about anything but later on he realized that Myungsoo was a kind and caring person that liked to look after everyone in the group and often treated Sungjong as someone important. He liked initiating skinship a lot but Sungjong didn’t really mind it, it felt comforting at times.

 

Sungyeol was the tallest boy in the group and he stood out because he would tower above everyone else. Most of the time the boy had a bright smile on his face that showed his pearly white teeth. He acted immature, more like a kindergarten child than an about-to-be 7th grader but Sungjong found it amusing.

 

Lastly, there was Sunggyu. Sunggyu wasn’t just another person in the group; he was different. However admittedly, everyone in the group was special. Sunggyu just felt a bit closer to Sungjong. Even when they didn’t interact with each other they both had a strong connection. Sunggyu didn’t like showing skinship that much but sometimes he would subconsciously slip his hands into Sungjong’s or put an arm around Sungjong’s shoulder. Sungjong liked it whenever they had rare moments of contact and felt that Sunggyu was a sympathetic person, reminding him of his mother.

 

His Mother.

 

When she was alive, that is.

 


A/N: Sorry about this chapter being short but I had the urge to end the chapter like this OTL. 

Are you guys still blasting Destiny and the rest of the album songs on your speakers? haha.