Third Encounter

Teach Me About Friendship

Sunggyu sat on top of the hill enjoying the scenery surrounding him. In his arms there was a large white tote bag that contained something quite heavy. The boy played around with the handle of the bag nervously as he waited for a certain someone to appear.  

 

A slight shuffle from the grass behind him made him turn his head back to see another boy other than himself arriving at the hill. Sunggyu sighed as he caught the boy trying to walk away when noticing that someone else was occupying the hill. “Lee Sungjong, don’t pretend you didn’t see me and come back here, I have something to give you.” Shouted Sunggyu.

 

Sungjong, being someone curious, stopped and walked towards the older boy as he quickly glanced at the tote bag with suspicion. As he positioned himself down on the grass his stomach rumbled much to his displeasure. He was sure the boy next to him hadn’t heard it until Sunggyu chuckled slightly and patted Sungjong on the back.

 

Sungjong watched as Sunggyu rummaged through the large tote bag and pulled out containers. “Here,” began Sunggyu, slightly diverting his eyes as Sungjong reached out to grasp the containers. The younger boy began opening the first container as the older boy glanced. Sungjong gasped when he saw the different varieties of food displayed in the containers and looked at Sunggyu who had a slightly pink shade coloring his cheeks. “Look, I know you don’t eat during school so I thought I would, you know, help out a bit. I’m an amateur at cooking so don’t expect too much.” Stated the boy, crossing his arms, trying to look unaffected.

 

Sungjong remained silent for a while. He didn’t know how to respond to this act of kindness. Observing the colorful food that filled the container he managed a smile on his face. Maybe Kim Sunggyu wasn’t such a bad person after all. He seemed almost motherly despite his arrogant personality.

 

Sunggyu stared at Sungjong as he watched the boy pick up the wooden chopsticks carefully with a smile marked on his face. He scanned his eyes over the boy and noticed the creamy white skin to the large innocent hazel orbs. For the first time since their meeting he finally noticed how feminine and delicate the younger boy looked.

 

Sunggyu felt like protecting him.

 


 

“Have you decided which high school to go to next year?” asked Sungjong, leaning back as he focused his eyes on the floating clouds drifting slowly across the sky.

 

“Not really, I haven’t really thought about it.” Replied Sunggyu, looking bored as he closed his eyes, enjoying the light breeze from the wind that constantly blew past.

 

 “Really?” questioned Sungjong, looking surprised. “We should go to—“ started Sungjong until his quiet voice was overlapped with a louder and masculine voice,

“Sunggyu Hyung!” yelled the voice, “Is that you?”

 

Sunggyu groaned as he got up from the ground and Sungjong noticed four boys, one who was laughing uncontrollably for some unknown reason, two of them holding hands, one showing a grin on his face and the other looking nonchalant and lastly a rather tough looking boy who was giving him an intrigued look, the owner of the voice.

 

“Hoya, what are you and the others doing here?”

 

“Hey, we have names too!” complained the tallest out of the group.

 

Sunggyu ignored him.

 

“They wanted to go get some candy floss from the vendor close to this area so I decided to tag along.” Answered Hoya, the tough looking boy.

 

“That’s not true!” chirped the boy who was laughing earlier, “Hoya suggested the candy floss idea and he just doesn’t want to admit it since he’s trying to look manly for his upcoming high school years!”

 

“Jang Dongwoo!” snapped Hoya, looking slightly embarrassed as he lightly punched the boy’s shoulder.

 

Sungjong looked at the entertaining crowd and felt warmth coming from the group. Everyone looked so close to each other and he wondered if he could fit in with them as well.

 

Sunggyu coughed as he pointed at the group of boys, “I don’t know them.”

 

“That’s not very nice.” directed the nonchalant looking boy towards Sunggyu. He walked towards Sungjong as the younger boy gulped but unexpectedly a hand extended forward in which Sungjong accepted into a handshake. “Nice to meet you, my name is Kim Myungsoo.”

 

“And my name’s Lee Sungyeol!” declared the tall boy from earlier, his face appearing as he placed his head on top of Myungsoo’s shoulder. “Are you and Gyu getting it on these days?”

 

“W-what do you mean by that?” asked Sungjong in thought as his cheeks flushed a deep red after realizing what Sungyeol had meant. “Of course not! We barely know each other!”

 

Sungyeol laughed and exchanged a knowingly glance with Myungsoo before Sunggyu walked up to them shaking his head. “Sungjong, you better not listen to them, they’re trying to brainwash you with weird ideas.”

 

Sungjong looked from Sunggyu to Myungsoo and Sungyeol before he starts laughing, a genuine laugh, something he hasn’t done for years counting.

 

Something tells him that he’ll be sticking around this bunch of people for a while and strangely he finds it exciting. 

 


A/N: Finally an update! 

How have you guys been? I hope you're all excited for Infinite's comeback! C: 

The preview tracks for the songs all sound really nice >W<

Don't worry, Woohyun will be appearing in the story soon as well!