Gods in an Unexpected Place

My Life with the Gods (On Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: Gods in an Unexpected Place

I was walking along the street, looking at the shops and trying to guess which one would possibly have that book that I needed for my class. I can’t make out which one could possibly have it; none of them looked particularly promising.

I let out a sigh. Goddamn this stupid book. How am I supposed to read the stuff I needed if the book is so effin’ hard to even find? The book I was searching for can’t be found in any of the usual bookstores that I know of and usually go to, not even in the more high-end and expensive ones. So other than ordering the book from the internet, which is not an option since I don’t have a credit card and it wouldn’t make it here in time anyway, my only option was looking among these stores which sell secondhand books at the heart of the capital city.

I considered just giving up and going home, but I knew that wouldn’t do. My professor’s going to murder me if I turn up in class without having read that damn author that he fawns about. I shook my head, and enter the dull-looking shop that was in front of me. 

Might as well start somewhere, I thought to myself, sighing.

After about two hours and a countless number of secondhand bookshops, I was just about reconciled with the fact that I really was going to be murdered by my professor. I had found tons of books about medicine, business, accounting, sports, food, and even a few books featuring that boyband from Britain, I think, that makes so many young girls squeal and that makes me raise my eyebrows when I hear the nonsense they call song lyrics that they spew out.

I entered one final shop near the end of the street. Just this last one, and then I’m going home. Like I probably should have just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter