CH.02 Just..friends?

Love Footprints

" How have you been?" he asked GuiGui, it's been three months since she last saw her

"I'm fine. And you?" she asked back, looking directly at him

"I'm doing fine too" he nodded and then looked around, feeling awkward and embarassed at the same time. He stared at the cameraman who was following him and gave him a sign to stop filming.

"What are you doing here in Taiwan?" she then asked, somehow she was feeling that they've become strangers to each other and can hardly talk now, not just like before when they were able to laugh and have fun.

"I'm with my members" he paused and looked at her "We're shooting an episode for Running Man and I need to find a store here at the mall"

"Running Man?"

"Yes, it's a variety show in Korea where the guests are given any sort of mission to complete and win the race" he shortly explained "And you? What are you doing here?" after asking the question he cough and cleared his voice "No..I mean...It's not my business" he frowned at his own behaviour

"I'm waiting for a friend" she immediately replied. For the first time she was praying that Mei will stay inside the shop much longer "What do you need to find?"

"I need to find this store" he took a step closer to her, placing himself on her right side and showed her the piece of paper that was given to them from the staff. "Do you know where is..." he raised his eyes,at the same time GuiGui raised hers, making eye contact "this.." he added, using a lower voice.

"Excuse me Taecyeon-ssi, we need to start filming" the cameraman interrupt abruptly that moment

Taecyeon cleared his voice, trying to compose himself from that sudden sort of embarassing-romantic moment. He put a short distance between them and tried to smile brightly "I need to go and start filming" he said

"Is that so?" she blinked her eyes, trying to erase the disappoinment that were clearly visible in her eyes "Oh okay" she nodded, trying to understand that he's working and can't stay with her for too long

"It was nice to see you again" he honestly said and smiled at her "Take care GuiGui"

"Uhh.." she nodded "So we won't see each other after this?" she laughed, trying to cut that awkward moment

"Of course we will see each other again" he said,trying to cheer her up "After all we're friends right?"

"Just...oh friends?" she nodded once again "Yes yes.."

"Okay then, bye" he waved at her and walked away, followed by the cameraman.

 

"GuiGui sorry it took me long" Mei popped from her back and grabbed her left arm "I saw two dresses and I tried them on, but then I was hesitant which of the two should I buy so I keep on trying those dresses" she paused for a while "I know..i know, I can buy both but in the end I bought this one. Look!" she lift her gaze looking at her friend and opened her eyes wide when she saw that GuiGui was tearing up "I'm..I'm sorry. I shouldn't have made you wait for that long" she apologized, worried for her friend's reaction.

"I saw.."

"Hmm?"

"I saw him.." she whispered and wipe away the upcoming tears from her eyes

"You saw who?" Mei frowned, she can't understand what GuiGui's talking about

"Taecyeon" the whole situation that happened few minutes ago still looks unreal for her

"What?" Mei opened her eyes wide "Really? Are you sure?" she looked around her "He's in Taiwan? Where is he now?"

"He came here for work" she explained "We talked for a while"

"And?"

"Nothing much..he said that we're friends" she sighed upon saying those words

"Enough!" Mei waved her hand in front of her friend's face "Tomorrow night we'll go to a disco-pub and have fun" she hates seeing GuiGui being sad, lately she can't recognize her friend anymore. On-screen she's the same GuiGui, cheerful, energetic and funny but off-screen she's not like that anymore. She doesn't know why Taecyeon is behaving like that and hurting her friend but she needs to do something to make GuiGui feel better.

 

After the shooting Taecyeon closed his eyes and sighed, it was a long nerve-wrecking and tiring day. When it was scheduled that 2pm were going to appear on Running Man all the members were looking forward to shoot the upcoming episode, they didn't know until yesterday that they'll be shooting in Taiwan. He recalls the moment he saw GuiGui in the mall. Meeting her was unexpectable, after three long months he was able to see her again, her hair was shorter but she still looks the same GuiGui that he knew. He sighed once again and looked outside the window, he tried to act normally in front of her but it was a total failure.

"Hey, are you okay?" Nickhun who was sitting beside him captured his attention

"Huh? Ah yeah yeah" he nodded while looking at Nickhun

"Are you sure?" he asked again, not convinced by Taecyeon's answer

"It's just...I don't know" he shaked his head and frowned

"Did something happened?"

"I met her.." he avoided his eyes and stared again outside the window looking at the red traffic light.

"Who?"

"GuiGui.."

"Really?" Wooyoung popped his head from the back "How is she doing? It's been a while since I last saw her" but Taecyeon didn't answer his question

"I don't know why you're holding up your feelings but you shouldn't if you can't even handle it" Nickhun hardly said

"I can..I told her that we're friends"

"Ahh..you're really one of a kind. How can you tell her that?" Wooyoung shaked his head "Back then every time you finished shooting for WGM you always brag about GuiGui"

"That's true..you always say GuiGui here..GuiGui that, to the point we even yelled at you saying that you should just date for real" Nickhun frowned while recalling those moments "If you think that she didn't fit in your lifestyle then make an effort to make her fit in yours"

"That's not easy" Taecyeon closed his eyes, trying to calm his emotions "If I start a relationship with her how about our fans and you guys?"

"Why you should worry about our fans and us?" Wooyoung stared at him "Aren't you being a worrywart?"

"I just don't want GuiGui to be hurt by some harsh words by our fans"

"Are you really worried about that or the true thing is that it's you who doesn't want to get hurt so that's why you're hiding from all of these excuses" Nickhun looked at the astonished expression of his friend "I think you're just afraid to open your heart and take the risk"

After some reflection Taecyeon replied "Maybe..but I also don't want to hurt her"

"Don't you think you already hurt her by not contacting her even once and now that you meet her you say that you both are friends?" Nickhun laughed "Man, looks like you're a newbie"

"Oh well, just stay there as her "friend" and watch someone else stealing her from your own hands. Then don't come to us and regret everything" Wooyoung lastly said and started playing with his phone

His friends have a point, but is it really that easy to take a risk? Especially when two hearts may be affected by the whole situation. Having a long distance relationship is what he's afraid of, their packed schedules won't let them meet often and before they start everything he thinks it will end soon too. But Wooyoung was right, he's starting to regret something. Calling her a friend just didn't sound right, they can be more than that if only the two of them are willing to make everything work. He grabbed his phone and searched for the contact numbers. His eyes were focused on just one name... "GuiGui"