CH.12 Saranghae...

Love Footprints
"Saranghae" his words re-echoed in the room filling GuiGui's ears with the sweetness that were silently enclosed in that simple word. She once used that word carelessly but in this situation it had a different meaning, really different from the time she said it to the viewers after wrapping up the last episode of the tv show.
She stared at his eyes who were intently looking at her, sincerity was what reflected on them. Still she doesn't know if he was aware of what he just said, especially saying it in front of so many people and with the cameras filming every movement they do and each words they say.
 
"Hmm" she whispered while lowering her eyes, she didn't know what to reply at the words that he just said. Should she say she loves him too? But what if it's just a set up? And what if his "Saranghae" was meant as a love for a friend? At those questions whirling inside her head she frowned, not being able to think rationally.
 
"GuiGui" his deep and manly voice brought her back to reality and abruptly shaked her from her thoughts. He pronounced her name, silently asking her response to what he just said but at that moment she was in confusion. Her mind and heart were in conflict.
 
As if Taecyeon can read her mind he grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the room "I think we can stop filming for today right PD-nim?" he asked and looked at the staff who had smiles printed on their faces "Me and GuiGui need to talk, privately" he then added, both of them needed to face their feelings once for all and GuiGui will feel more at ease when they'll be alone.
 
While holding tight her hand they silently took the elevator and went out of the building. 
 
"Where are we going?" she finally asked him while walking down the street
 
" Somewhere, where we can talk" he replied vaguely and happily smiled
 
They headed to the crowded streets of Gangnam-gu district, even though it was slowly getting dark it was still full of people and couples strolling around just like them. Everytime Taecyeon see couples who are happily strolling around while holding each other's hand, he wanted to try it too. He wanted to act like a normal couple, without being followed by the cameras and with no worries about what other people might think once they'll see them.
 
On the other side GuiGui stared at their clasped hand and smiled happily, despite of the wind chill of the night, his hand was really warm and it has the power to make her feel protected.
 
"You cannot date her"
 
Both of them raised their eyes, searching for the owner of the voice. They gradually decreased the speed of their steps when a group of three girls blocked their way.
 
"Why are you holding her hand?" a girl with teary eyes looked at their hands clasped "Let her go, she's not the right girl for you"
 
"Yeah, we are Taecyeon oppa's fans and we can't bear to watch you getting so close to him" another girl with light brown hair stared at her angrily "What did that do to you oppa? Are you under her evil spell?" she then asked, moving her eyes to Taecyeon
 
"If fans can't have you, why would she?" the smallest one of the two pointed at her "Since it's just a fake marriage, there's no need to pretend to be lovey-dovey to each other" she paused and looked at GuiGui "I hate you" she then added, marking those words in English
 
"Stop it already" Taecyeon interrupted the girls with his cold voice, then he turned to GuiGui who was being accused by those teenagers unfairly "Despite of being an idol I'm a human too and I can date who I want" he then added. He was starting to feel burdened by his job where he can't even date normally just like what people do "Let's go" he lastly said, leaving the three girls in despair.
 
On the other side GuiGui wanted to withdraw her hand from Taecyeon, but he held it more tightly. She knew already that some of his fans still don't accept her, she is also aware about the hateful comments she receive on her blog by some of them "You shouldn't have behaved like that" GuiGui decided to break the unbearable silence that created an invisible wall between them
 
"I apologize behalf of those girls" he released a sigh of frustration, how can that day end like that? He tried his best to prepare a romantic confession for her, singing his feelings out loud but those girls just ruin everything in few seconds "I'm also sorry for not being able to say more than I should"
 
" It's okay" she shaked her head, he didn't need to apologize because she understand his situation "Your fans are important" she said, even though the only thing she understood was the girl's "I hate you" words towards her she can sense that he must have said something that suddenly made the girls shut. To her comment Taecyeon quietly shutted and continued walking down the stairs to reach a small playground in a desert street. He walked towards the swings and sat on one of it, GuiGui imitated him sitting on the other swing on his left side
 
"Sorry" he whispered, raising his eyes to the sky, looking at the bright stars
 
"Why you're saying sorry?"
 
"If their words hurted you, I'm sorry"
 
"I told you it's o.." she paused when Taecyeon suddenly turned his head and stared at her, his gaze was too intese that made her lower her eyes and stared at the ground while swaying slowly on the swing "I was just surprised, that's all"
 
Both of them stayed silent, the atmosphere was suddenly surrounded by their awkwardness and the two continued to swing while looking at the dark night sky. Taecyeon was feeling confuse and at the same time he didn't know what to do, he didn't know if he should hold onto her and make her suffer or leave her and protect her from his fans. He sighed and closed his eyes, what should he do? He didn't want to hurt GuiGui but he knows that if they start a relationship she will suffer because of some of his inconsiderate fans.
The main questions are; can he just let her go and pretend that nothing happened? That his feelings never existed? He turned a bit to the left to take a glimpse of GuiGui's face who's intently looking at the sky, a bitter smile designed his lips as he stares at her.
 
"Well you need to endure it until we finish filming all the episodes" he said, breaking that awkward silence
 
"Eh?" GuiGui moved her eyes on him, feeling confuse by his sudden words.
 
"After that no one will bother you anymore" he paused "You will re-have your normal and busy life"
 
"R-Right" a painful tight surrounded her heart "After all, this is all fake" she cracked a laugh, but inside her she was already crying
 
"Yeah, let's just forget what happened few hours ago" after few seconds he regretted saying those words and wanted to re-take them back
 
"Okay" she replied, trying to act tough so that she can still stop herself from crying again in front of him "You're an idol and I'm an actress. You live in Korea and I live in Taiwan. Our worlds are different"
 
"Exactly.."
 
"Uhuh" she whispered, not knowing what else to say "Since we cleared and said our opinions, I'm going now" she stood up from the swing and gave him a last forced smile "I don't think we can meet again for next week and also the next after that, I'm going to be busy" she lied, the truth is after that day she doesn't want to see him anymore "Thank you for today" her voice cracked up while saying those words. She turned her back to him while biting her lower lip to repress the tears from falling from her eyes.
 
Taecyeon closed his eyes and frowned "What did I just do?" he thought, scolding his stupid behaviour. He brought his hand to his face and covered it. Is it the right thing to do? For the sake of his popularity he's going to give up on the girl that made him feel the sweetness of love? He sighed while crumpling the piece of paper that was inside the pocket of his jeans, then he raised his eyes to look at GuiGui's back which was slowly disappearing from his sight. His heart tightened at that painful view.
 
Not being able to bear that sight he stood up from the swing and walked fast trying to reach her. When she was climbing up the stairs he suddenly grabbed her left arm and pulled her back, making her turn around and face him. He slowly decreased the distance between them by placing gently his hand on the back of her head and inclined his head to the left side. His eyes automatically closed when his lips touched hers, locking it with a sweet and firm kiss.
 
After a while, he slowly withdrawed  from her and directly looked into her eyes. He was suprised as well about what he just did.
On the other side GuiGui was shocked about what just happened she couldn't even utter a single word, her soul  just left her body.
 
Taecyeon took the crumpled paper inside his pocket and handed it to her "You heard me before right? That I wrote the song while thinking of you. That's the lyrics of that song" he started, swallowing hard the anxiety that was blocking his throat. At GuiGui's nod he nodded as well, not knowing what else to say, somehow it became hard to continue the topic after what just happened. Confessing his feelings in front of so many people embarassed him a lot already and just thinking to repeat it once again made him feel weak as he didn't know if he was able to handle the same mixed feelings all over again "Everything I said before were all true. You think that I'm lying?" he asked, trying to persuade her with a question but to his misfortune GuiGui just shaked her head as a response "Okay.." he pouted his lips not knowing what else to do, making her talk was a real challenge.
 
Taecyeon remained silent and thought of a way to make GuiGui open and let him hear her voice. He looked at her who was feeling uneasy and embarassed because she couldn't even look at him in the eyes.
The ray of lights of the street lamp highlighted GuiGui's pretty face and Taecyeon couldn't help himself but stare at her, enchanted by her beauty.
 
"I..." he paused and touched his lips with his index finger, at that view GuiGui blinked her eyes feeling more embarassed.
 
"뽀뽀하고 싶어요" he said in korean, probably it was the romantic atmosphere that it was involuntarily created or the situation itself that made him say those words but one thing was true, he wondered if his words were able to catch her attention.
 
On the other side GuiGui couldn't understand what he said, she thought that what he just said included the word "popo" but probably she just misheard it because she was still under the effect of the kiss that they shared.
 
"I'm serious" he then added, making her feel more confuse "If you still don't want to talk I'm really going to do it again" a pleased smile curved his lips but even after saying those words she still remained silent. He took a step forward and decreased even further the distance between them, he then raised his right hand to touch her hair feeling the softness of it through the palm of his hand "Your long silence, I'll take it as a yes to everything that I've just said" he lastly said, placing his hand on her shoulder and lowered his head to meet hers. This time the kiss that they shared was different, it was way sweeter and lovelier than the first one.
Though it wasn't that long and it certainly wasn't the kind of kiss you see in movies or dramas, it was wonderful in its own way. Taecyeon knew that that memory will last and be cherished forever.
 
When he withdrawed from the kiss, he gradually hugged her tight. His feelings for her were really overflowing, he loves her so much, so much that the strong and intense feeling that he have for her was starting to scary him. So much that the thought of losing her is making him insane.
 
"You cast me over your magic spell" he sweetly said and closed his eyes "GuiGui..Saranghae"
 
By hearing Taecyeon's words GuiGui hugged him back and smiled as well. The happiness that she was feeling in that moment was so strong and the love she feels for him grew stronger than before "Saranghae" she whispered, finally giving an answer to his confession by opening wide her heart and handing him the key of it.
 
At GuiGui's words, Taecyeon smile got wider, he didn't know until now that hearing her pronouncing the magical word can make him feel insanely happy..
 
 
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
 
 
Though this chapter was short I'm quite satisfied by the sweetness of it haha.. I cut it here because the next chapter I think it will be quite long since many things will happen... ^_^
Thank you once again for reading my story, to my subscribers thank you for subscribing. To those who leaves comments please do continue because reading them gives me strenght to write more :D
Few more views and this fic will finally reach its 4000 views. I find it amazing because I started posting less than a month ago. So once again thank you to all!!!