How To Confess?

Special Stage

Extra Info: Thoughts are in grey AND Italic and text messages are ONLY in Italic.


I let the sweat run down my forehead, making its way to my cheek. I wipe it away in my t-shirt and rest my hands in my hip. I and the girls are pretty tired. We’ve been practicing for the past 4 hours, without stopping.

It’s a new routine, for a special stage for Music Bank tomorrow. We will be singing to Miley Cyrus – We Can’t Stop. I don’t even know why the company chose that song. The lyrics it’s in full English and I’m pretty sure that Music Bank will find some parts of the lyrics inappropriate. Even so, we might get the answer of Music Bank, saying if we can perform or not today.

“Let’s take a break,” our choreographer tells us.

I and the girls reach for the bottles of water, which are in the corner of the room and drink as if there is no tomorrow. We’ve already chosen the parts each member would sing and I think it’s pretty good divided. We all get to sing and the parts are equally distributed.

The break doesn’t take long as we start practicing again.

After receiving the confirmation that we’ll be able to perform tomorrow, we leave SM, as it’s also time to go home, finally.

It’s 9pm and we’re leaving the practice room. We’re exhausted. Two of the members are chatting while the other three are on their own little world, with earphones in their ears (and so am I).

The six of us walk together to our dorm. Since it’s not that far from the SM building, we always go by walking when it’s late, since there are no fans in front of the building waiting for us to come out.

I remember someone as I listen to music. A smile appears on my face and I text Suho. Jung Ha, the leader who’s next to me notices my smile and pokes my arm. I take one earphone so I can hear what she’s saying.

“Eh, smiling alone again? You’ve been doing it a lot lately. I start to wonder what it is,” she grins at me.

“It’s because I’ve been happy,” I laugh as I say.

“It’s a boy isn’t it?” she tries to guess.

“No unnie. You got it wrong,” I lie.

She shrugs. “Okay then. Sooner or later I’ll end up knowing,” she goes back to listening music.

In that instant I receive a reply. I get excited as I hope it’s from him. I open the text and beam as I read it.

“Did you practice much? Be careful around the streets. It’s late. You shouldn’t walk in the streets at night.”

I smile sheepishly and decide to call him.

“Oppa?” I say as I hear him picking up the call.

“Yes?” he speaks in the other side.

“I’m not alone right now, so don’t worry okay?” I try to relax him.

“Still … Are you ready for tomorrow’s special stage?” he asks me, continuing the conversation.

“Hum, I think so. You’ll watch, right?” I question with hope he’ll say yes.

“Of course I will. I’ll be there cheering for you. After Music Bank I’ll treat you a drink, okay?”

I melt with the sweetness of his voice “Really? I’ll be looking forward to it. Oh I’m reaching the dorm. See you tomorrow,” I say as we enter in the dorm.

“Okay. See you tomorrow. Good night,” he says and we hang up.

I and Suho have been pretty close lately. We got close after the dance stage I had with Sehun and Kai. Since we had to practice, I would go to EXO’s practice room a lot and practice there with them. As Suho was also there sometimes, we naturally began talking with each other and we grew close. What he doesn’t know, is that the feelings I have for him aren’t just friendship … it’s more than that.

After taking a quick shower I change to my sleeping clothes and get in the bed. Since I’m so tired, I fall asleep as soon as I lay down.

---------------------------------

I’m sleeping deeply in my bed when I hear Jung Ha’s alarm clock ringing.

“Ahhhh, I don’t want to get up,” I protest against her alarm clock.

She turns it off and gets up. “Come on. We have to,” she says as she walks towards my bed.

I know that even though she said that she feels just like me, but as a leader she has to be in charge of the rest of the members. I share the room with her and the other members are divided in two pairs, as each pair has a room also.

She pulls the blankets of off me and shakes me “Sun Hee. Get up! We need to go to practice,”

Reluctantly I get up and follow her to the kitchen. She goes to wake up the other members and once we’re all gathered in the kitchen we have breakfast.

In order to get ready faster, we take shower in pairs. First it was me and Jung Ha, then Seol Mi and Min Jee and then Na Na and Jae Sook.

Finally all the members are ready and we head to SM. It’s the last practice we’re going to have until the Music Bank broadcast at 5pm. We quickly begin to practice. Without even noticing it’s time to go to the hair salon and get ready for the broadcast. Hopefully the special stage will be fine, since none of the members did any mistake during the last practice. I hope that everything goes fine while recording.

We leave the hair salon and make our way to Music Bank. Fans are waiting for us at the entrance. Politely and happy to see them, we smile and wave at them. Everything is done as fast as it can be.

Today two of the SM groups will perform: us and EXO. We caught the last week of their promotions of their repackage album, so we had a chance to perform in the same week as them.

We arrive at our waiting room. The cordi unnies have prepared everything for us already. We wear our outfits and head to the crowd.

There is a zone of the crowd - where the fans sit when watching their groups performing - which is limited for idols to sit there. We see EXO sitting there and go to sit next to them. It would look bad if groups of the same company didn’t interact with each other.

I’m the first one to sit. Surprisingly Suho is the last member sat in that row, which means I have to sit next to him. Though is not a problem at all for me. I smile at the sight of him and walk towards the seat. The EXO members look at us and bow while greeting. We do the same and sit down.

I look at Suho and he looks at me. We both smile. The show starts. I and the girls keep on clapping and singing along with the other groups’ songs, being our dork selves. When it’s time for EXO to perform we get up and sing and dance along with the song. Once they finish, we clap fiercely and cheer for them. They wave to the fans and at one point Suho waves at me. I feel my heart beating a little too fast and wave back with my happiest smile.

More groups perform and soon our time to perform is coming. Girls Day are performing and EXO comes back to their seats in the crowd.

“Woaaa you were really cool on stage!” I compliment them.

Suho, Baekhyun, Luhan, Kai and Sehun, who’re the closest to me smile and thank for the compliment.

The PD comes to greet us. “You’re next. Come with me, there’s something I need to tell you,” he says and we follow him.

“Good luck!” Suho whishes as I walk away.

I blush and grin “Thank you,”

We’re putting the microphones on as the PD explains how the stage is going to be.

“So, each member will start in a different position of the stage,” he tells us. He points at the different places where we’re supposed to be when the music starts and when it gets my turn he points to the crowd. “Sun Hee, you’ll start next to EXO. I have something planned for you, but I’m going to tell you in a minute,” he says and leaves for the other members.

I don’t react. I stay there looking at the place where I’m going to start my part. *Is he really saying the truth or is he just messing around?* I think.

The PD rushes to me and pushes me along with him. I see that he’s taking me to the crowd. Once we’re in the row where EXO is sat, he walks first and I stay behind. I see him talking to Suho. I have this weird feeling that what they’re talking about is not good.

He comes back to get me and takes me to the seat next to Suho.

“So, I want to make this performance different, so as I said, every member will start in different places. You’ll start here, but I want you to be creative. I want you to sit in his lap and then once you finish your part you go to the stage, all right? While you’re singing interact with him and give a y image. Okay so, we’ll start in a few minutes,” he explains and leaves, not even giving me the change to say something.

I blink. *Am I supposed to sit in his lap now?* I think. I’m too nervous to know what to do in this moment. I become stiff.

The song starts playing.

“You know, you better sit now,” I hear Suho speaking in my ear as the loud sound doesn’t allow us to hear well enough. I hesitantly get up and sit in his lap, with my back facing the other members. My heart beats faster and faster as I hear the boys teasing Suho behind me.

My hands are trembling because of so much anxiety and nervousness. Without looking I search for support with my hand. As I look for the arm of the seat, I touch Suho’s hand. At the touch I quickly move my hand away and apologize with reddened cheeks “I’m sorry,”

He notices my trembling hands and asks “Nervous?” I don’t hear him so I lean in. He approaches my ear and asks again “Nervous?” I nod fervently. He smiles and says, “Don’t worry. You’ll do fine,” he tries to calm me down, but fails completely at it.

My part arrives and I know I have to change 180º in order to give an awesome performance. I start singing.

“So la la di da di we like to party, dancing with Molly, do whatever we want~” as I sing, I try to give the partying image and I suddenly turn to Suho and lift his chin up as I get closer to him.

At seeing my action, the members tease even more. I get up and continue singing. “~this is our house, this is our roof,” my part finishes and I run to the stage.

We dance to the rest of the song and get ready to perform our song. As I perform I start to forget what had happened before.

Finally our performance is done without any mistakes and we wave to the fans. I glance at Suho and I see him clapping like a proud father. We leave the stage and walk to the waiting room.

After taking the microphones off, we go to sit in our previous seats again as we wait for the end of the show. Suho is quiet. Until the end of the show he doesn’t speak to me or even glances at me. I get worried.

Finally the time to announce the winner arrives and all the groups go on stage together. The battle for the first place is between EXO and NU’EST, who had their promotions recently too. We’re anxiously waiting for the confirmation about the winner. I pray that EXO wins.

The counter stops and confetti are thrown. Fans cheer for EXO as loud as they can, as if they're everything to them. I look up and see the MC giving the trophy to EXO and I instantly smile and clap. 

The EXO members give their speech and thank yous, before the MCs do their speech to finish the show, and EXO performs for the last time.

As label mates we stay on stage with them, congratulating them for their winning. We hug each other. I see Suho and we both have eye contact. He walks towards me and hugs me. Since fans are watching I act naturally and hug back as I congratulate him. The song ends and we leave to our waiting rooms.

Suho didn’t act weird or differently during their performance or even while we were waiting for the announcing time to come, in the crowd. He was acting as if nothing had happened.

*Maybe I should just forget it also. I’m sure we don’t share the same feelings.* my mood drops as we get ready to leave the building.

I and the girls leave to our dorm. Suho hasn’t said anything yet. I try to shrug it off but my mood doesn’t light up so easily. We reach our dorm and each one of us does her own business and so, I decide to listen to music in my bed.

Suddenly I feel my phone vibrating. I take a look and see that I received a text from Suho. I open it and read.

“I hope you haven’t forgotten the drink I promised to give you. Come outside. I’m waiting for you.”

I widen at his text *He’s waiting for me?*

I quickly reply back “What if fans see us?” I ask worried.

Idols need to be extremely careful when it comes to hanging out with the opposite idols. Fans are really accurate on spotting whether two idols are dating or not. So we can’t give any hints of it, since we’re not dating. It will only be bad for us and for the company.

“Don’t worry. I got it under control. Just come already,” he answers.

Somehow, I relax at his text message. I grab my jacket and warn the manager that I’m going out.

After coming down I spot his car a few meters away. I open the door and get in. “We’re going to be in big trouble if someone sees us,” I point out as a matter of fact.

“Hey, calm down. I know a safe place where we can have drink peacefully,” he says. His words manage to pacify my mood.

The ride becomes quiet again. In some way it gets awkward but I don’t know if I should say something or not.

We arrive at a café. I uneasily get out of the car and follow him. He opens the door and lets me in first. We choose a table and wait for the waitress to come and get our orders.

“What do you want to drink?” he asks me.

I shrug “Anything is fine,”

He stares at me as he notices that I’m not fine. I couldn’t pretend that I didn’t feel anything. I couldn’t pretend that I see him as just a friend.

The waitress comes and Suho orders for both of us. “Bubble Tea, please,” he orders.

“Which flavor?” the waitress asks.

He glances at me, “Hum chocolate and apple flavored,”

The waitress nods and leaves to get our drinks.

I look at him. *How does he know that I want chocolate flavored?*

“You did really well with your special stage,” he praises me.

I put on a small smile “Thank you,” I politely thank him.

He continues the conversation so it doesn’t get awkward again “The PD’s idea was … very good,” he says.

I have been hoping he wouldn’t bring the matter up but he did it. I slightly nod.

Our drinks come and we bow to the waitress. That’s when I feel that I need to tell him. I don’t know if I will regret it or not but I just can’t keep it inside anymore. I take a sip on my drink and sigh.

“You know, I have something to tell you,” I say not meeting his eyes, though I feel him looking at me.

I mentally prepare myself and start “I don’t see you as a friend anymore. Ever since we got close, I’ve seen you as more than that. You may not have the same feelings for me but, I couldn’t continue keeping it only for me. I needed to tell you that I like you,” I bit my bottom lip as I finish speaking.

It doesn’t matter if doesn’t return my feelings. I just confessed and it would be worse if I had never done it.

He doesn’t say anything. Since I got no answer I look up. He smiles and speaks.

“Thank god you told me first. I’ve been looking for the right words but I just didn’t find them. It’s funny that you did the first step first, but I’m relieved you did it. Then I wouldn’t be able to confess to you,” he says.

My eyes are fixed on his and I ask myself *Did I hear well? Is he saying he likes me?*

“Sun Hee, I like you too,” I feel him nervous as well.

“Y-you like me?” I blink. I was not expecting that answer from him.

“Yes. I’ve been thinking a lot about it in the past few days. I’ve been thinking on how I should confess, but anytime I saw you I would get shy and wasn’t able to. Now that I know that you like me too, I’m more relieved and gladder,” he explains.

Then it hits me that Suho just said he likes me too.

“Sun Hee,” he pauses and deeply looks in my eyes “Would you let me be your guardian angel?” he asks in the sweetest way ever as he stretches his hand.

I melt completely inside. I blush and answer. “Yes, I would,” I reach for his hand and take it.

He rubs it with his thumb and takes another sip of his drink.

It sure is the happiest day of my life.


Awwwww :3 How sweet. ^^ Compared to Hoya's one-shot it's a lot bigger. I personally don't think it's that good but still I hope you like it. :) I made this with all my heart, so it would be good if you at least commented. :)

Don't forget to subscribe and upvote also. :D

They way Suho asked Sun Hee to be her boyfriend was just hgndsksahdvaliubvniuyebsjdhbsiuri XD

Well I think it's all. ^^ Chu~/ XOXO