Present

The Unspoken Answer

 

Seoul, December 3rd 2006, 6.49 pm

            It was like any other regular night, when the yellowish sky turned to dusk leaving the tough day into a piece of memories. A woman named Yuri, tightened her garment as if trying to ease the coldness from her surrounding. Her tiny and fragile figure was only covered by a pale pink sweater as she could feel a gentle brush of the autumn breeze caressing her rosy cheeks. A slight curve of smile could be seen hanging on her delicate lips just a second before she took a load of air into her lungs. As expected, her hands slowly roamed into the bump part of her body, wrapped in a thin cloth. It was such a weird sensation, when she felt something grow inside of her. She’d never thought she’ll be able to feeling a slight bunch of happiness amidst the whole dark storm.

 

            “ Yuri…”

 

           His voice was distinct and sounded melodious to her ears. She had never been tired of his presence, as if he was born to be her half –her knight in shinning armour. His breathing sound got clearer, synchronizing the number of steps he took. She then could feel her body tensed, the moment his arms placed naturally on her waist. He wrapped her small figure closer to his heartbeat, as if trying to say something he didn’t manage to say directly. He took in her scent, putting the strand of her hair aside of her lovely face. He loves his whole sight, the perfect creature God had made, to complete his once lonely life.

 

          “ I told you to stay at home…” As usual, he began to nag like an ahjumma. He loves her too much, he couldn’t afford if anything ever happen to his perfect little family, especially, now, since they’re expecting a little bundle of joy.

 

          “ I just need some fresh air…” She lifted her face, looking beautiful as ever. Her round and dark eyes warmed his once agitated heart. It must have been hard for him not to fall for her charm, especially with such adorable vision.

 

          “ You can ask me for help then…” He pursued his lips, still locking his gaze into her. It was kind of upset him, figure out the fact that his lover’s wasn’t on his arms when he went home just a moment ago.

 

          “ Pabo! I’m just few meters away from home. No one on their right state of mind will kidnap this fatty and unattractive woman…” Yuri chuckled lightly. He was astonished by the fact that she could really flip any of his apprehension with her witty remark.

 

         He formed his face to a frown, unsatisfied with the answer he got from the woman, who was now giggling like a school girl.

 

         “Yah, you’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen. There’s no doubt…” He caressed her blushing cheeks using his thumb in such a smooth motion. The woman jerked her eyebrows, eyeing him in a challenging mode.

 

         “ Gojitmal… Look at this…” She pointed her five months baby bump as she stuck her tongue playfully.

 

         He broke into his common grin, shaking his head in amusement.

 

         “ A-Alrights… Blame me all you want then, for making this drop dead gorgeous lady into this shape…” He tightened his embrace into her. He was indeed madly in love with her, there’s no further question about it. And she knows it pretty well, especially since he made it clear by doing something unexpected to prove.

 

         “ Right, and now that you mentioned it, I think you need to get a punishment…” She wrinkled her eyes into crescent shape.

 

         “ Mwoh? “

 

         She nodded proudly. “ Yes, the punishment is that you have to love me throughout your life and stay with me through ups and downs…forever “.

***

 

 

Seoul, October 9th 2012, 4.07 pm

         The sight of clock ticking had never been this intriguing before. The slow clockwise motion looked like a mock to his goddamn misery. He hates being at this state, even worse, being in a situation where he couldn’t even do anything’s worthy. The feeling was indescribable, as it contains sadness, fears, disappointment, even a slight of happiness. He was frustrated, to the point of him losing his right state of mind.

 

         “Arrrrghhhh….” Tao punched the table across his sight. He didn’t even bother when the papers fly around everywhere leaving it in a bunch of mess. He then covered his face with his palms, closing his eyes as the memories came flooding in his mind.

 

         Then the loud knocking sound broke his train of thought. It wasn’t long before a middle aged woman revealing herself in front of him. She looked intimidating with fiery expression and her infinite elegance. She was no longer young, but she still looks pretty and enticing. No one could guess her age based on her outer appearance.

 

         “ Eomma? Why are you doing here? “

 

         The woman pulled out a slight smile across her firm expression.

 

         “ Secretary Jang told me… “ She paused for a brief moment, waiting for his turn but only found silence in return. He diverted his gaze straight to her, knitted his brows, still had no idea of what the conversation leads into.

 

         “ She took Jinri, right? “

 

         And it striked to the wound. He dropped his gaze away from her, avoiding any frustrating question thrown at him. It wasn’t as though he scared, it just that he didn’t want any tensed arguments or worse a scene in his office.

 

         “ I’ll take care of it…” There, he made it, by stating a secure answer just to calm her down a bit, though he was kind of unsure.

 

         And his doubts was somehow right.

 

         “ I don’t believe you, son, even if I wanted to…”

 

          Her words was loud and clear, it can pierce your soul in a moment. The words gone once it hits his lungs, leaving him in a mute condition.

 

         “ Eomma, I’ll deal with you once I got home, I still have works to do… Now, if you don’t mind, w- “

 

         “ Fine… I’ll see you later, then…” She turned around, before observed her son for the last time. Just when she was about to disappear from the wooden door, she slackened her steps. “ Jessica is outside now, you should treat her nicely, don’t shed your resentment at her… “

 

        Tao watched as her presence gone in a blink of an eye. The once tense atmosphere was gone, as the silence began to take over. He slowly lowered his right hand, and twisted a drawer’s knob. He stared at the sight inside, as a weak smile crept in. Just when he heard footsteps came closer, he closed the drawer immediately, leaving the frame untouched and lied safely.

***

 

 

Seoul, October 9th 2012, 4.23 pm

         Yuri couldn’t even help but plastered a wide smile, as the picture of her daughter playing happily in front of her eyes. The bright sky combined with a great weather giving her an extra credit to what God had made for her today. She wasn’t all that religious people who attends church every Sunday or pray to God twice a day, but she still believe in the existence of God and today, He just made a bold signal by giving her all of the happiness she could wish for. If she’d die right now, then she will be leaving in peace, with her face displaying such a happiness ones could ever see .

 

        She was too preoccupied with the whole sight, when a man came to approached the beautiful dimsel in distress. Most girls would swoon over his charming and handsome looks, but he could careless, because he knows what he want, and that’s her. The tall man drew himself slowly before decided to play a little joke to the most lovely creature on earth. He closed her eyes with his sweaty palms, due to the increasing heartbeat he got just by seeing her. Yuri almost got a heart attack when some of unknown palms blocked her sight all of sudden, but then she took a relief sigh upon realizing the owner of the sweaty palms.

 

         “ Yah! Park Chanyeol! “

 

         Chanyeol broke into a wide grin, before settled himself beside her. She pouted and start giving him a light hit in the arms, feeling pretty much trolled. Call him crazy, call him pathetic, but he would do anything just to see her whinning or mad, because it kind of amuse him, than seeing her in her gloomy mood.

 

          “ Okay okay, I’m sorry, I just thought it will fun to you know, tease you a little bit…” He pulled out his tongue in a childish manner, and causing her to hit him even more.

 

         “ Do it once again, and I swear to God, I’ll do worse than hitting you! “ She folded her arms across her chest. She didn’t really mad in fact, she just liking the idea of hitting him, because she knows he sort of deserve it.

 

         “ You’d better be…”

 

          She scoffed.

 

          His eyes was now settled into a small figure who was laughing hysterically when her friends pushed her swing. A smile formed in his lips, before he startled her again with a sudden touch of his hands onto hers. She turned around to find him staring at her in a concern gaze, looking through her soul who once broke.

 

         “ You happy? “ He asked in a low tune and it causing her to divert her gaze away. She inhaled, escaping the load she got, before managed to met his eyes again.

 

         “ I definitely am…”

 

         His smile widened, and it didn’t took much amount if time, before he grab hold of her hand to his chest. Yuri watched as his funny expression being shown each time he feels ecstatic about something. She couldn’t help but let out a small chuckled, before broke into her common angelic laugh. She placed her head into his shoulder, closing her eyes just to feel what people say serenity. He intended to do the same thing, but a loud child cry piercely rang through his sense.

 

         “ Jinri! “ Yuri jumped off her seat, the moment she heard a girl’s cry.

 

         Her blood rush could turned into its regular pace again, upon seeing the girl was nowhere close to be hurt.

 

         “ You okay? “ She run toward her, and checking her out, it soon revealed that the crying girl was the short haired girl, who she assumed as another visitor in this playground.

 

         Jinri could only nod. She watched her mom closely, and praising her beauty like his father always did whenever he saw her picture.

 

         “ Eomma so pretty…” The innocent girl said.

 

          Yuri caressed her daughter’s face, gazing into her eyes that somewhat portrayed her a lot.

 

         “ Thank God, she’s okay…” Another voice chimed in. Jinri looked up to see the giant man who was standing beside her mother.

 

         “ Who’s this man, eomma? “ She asked her mother. Her forehead ceased, before looking back at the man with such a funny expression. He kind of reminded her with some creature she saw in Disney movie, with those big eyes and wide grin.

 

            “ Oh, hi… my name is Park Chanyeol,  but you can call me uncle Chan…” The guy squatted down her height, before she finally able to examined his face a little better. Indeed, he looks pretty similar with the character. She chuckled, leaving both adults to exchanged a glances.

 

            “ Uncle Chan sounds funny… But I like it…” Her eyes formed in a crescent shape. Her hands was still place on her mother’s arms.

 

            “ Well, yeah, uncle Chan wants to be your friend…” He pointed out his pinkie, and his other hand pulled out a chocolate box from his jacket.

 

            “ Yay! How’d you know that I like chocolate? “

 

            “ Because I really want to be your friend….”

 

            The girl smiled from ear to ear, her eyes gleaming with joy as she clapped her both hands. She pointed out her pinkie before grabbed her supposed to be chocolate away from the first owner. From apart, people will assume that they’re a happy family, who was just doing the regular visit to the playground. Ironically, the reality was far than close to their assumption.

***

 

 

Seoul, October 9th 2012, 7.13 pm

            An utter silence filled the tensed atmosphere. Tao could only watch as the clock rolling mercilessly at his misery. It was night already, but the figure he waited several hours ago, was still nowhere to be seen, and the fact that his mother will came anytime soon to confront him, like adding fuel to the fire. He began to lose his self composure, when he heard a loud knock on his door. He refused to let out a single word, but that didn’t stop the visitor from marching her way down to the owner of the room.

 

            “ Have you found her yet, Tao? “

 

            The man lifted his eyes weakly. He looked like a real mess, everything came all of so sudden for him to digest, firstly, his first love who also happen to be his ex-wife came back after five years disappeared, second, his only daughter was now away with her, which he could conclude as a way for her to see the girl, she’d been missing, and thirdly, the fact that his mother give him nothing but a headache, wasn’t doing any help to his once wrecked brain.

 

            “ They’re just gone for a moment. She’ll come soon, I promise…” He said in defeated, looking for an excuse as possible.

 

            She smirked in victory.

 

            “ What makes you oh so confident that she’ll drop by to visit, while bringing Jinri to us? “ Based on the tone she used, it could be classified as either challenge or worse, an insult.

 

            “ Mom, please…”

 

            Just when he was about to bring out a proper explanation, the car honk was heard through the second story of the mansion, causing both of them to broke the glare at each other. He paced to the window, and saw a familiar figure came from the black car, along with a woman. Tao felt his heartbeat stopped the moment he recognizing the older one –it was her.

 

            Within a second, he rushed to the main door, forgetting the fact that her mother was coming from behind. Sweat formed on his forehead, as if he was getting fever, but no, in fact, he was just too excited to the point that he could passed out anytime sooner.

 

            The door flung open, revealing a man in his late twenty. He dropped his gaze and his heart beamed with joy upon seeing his only daughter looked perfectly fine with no single scratch.

 

            “ Appa! “ The little girl run her way toward her beloved father who raised her all these time with so much love.

 

            He welcomed her into a tight embrace. He put on his wide smile and was too preoccupied with the whole thing, until a familiar voice forced him back to the realization.

 

            “ I’m sorry about that…”

 

            Tao stopped abruptly. His eyes went to the source of the voice and found her looking at him with the same expression she had few years ago.

 

            Yuri?

 

 

 

 

A/N : I'm so sorry for all subscribers, i didn't managed to update as fast as I intended :( But here I am kekeke

This story will only have 5 chapters or so, that's why i'm going to finish it as soon as possible. 

And by the way, I don't re-check this chapter, so please forgive if any of you find grammar error or so, I'm too sleepy to do that ^^