She's Back

The Unspoken Answer

 

Tokyo, 7th Oct 2012, 7.35 pm

            A very attractive woman dashed herself from the coffee shop. She held a cup of her favorite beverage, caramel macchiato, while clutching her lower dress as the wind blew against her. She was such an astonishing beauty, her dark brown wavy hair fell upon her collarbone, while her skin delicate as doll. Apart from the fact that she wasn’t all that happy, she seemed enjoying her night, as a sincere smile plastered on her adorable lips. She swung her feet inside the big white building before she heard a familiar voice rang on her ear.

 

            “ Yuri-ah…”

 

            The woman turned her head in a swift motion, and soon after, she felt safe and sound. A tall figure from apart waved his hand, as if motioning her to approach him. It didn’t take such time, to get her small feet flee from the place. She was drawn herself nearer, before giving him a warm smile –something he always adore.

 

            “ I told you, I’m not that lousy…” The woman named Yuri, pouted her lips playfully. She walked comfortably side by side with the man who can be classified as a giant creature. She wasn’t short in fact, but when she stood around him, she felt her height had reduced. He usually loves to about it –the woman who stole his attention from the beginning. The sight of her whimper suddenly reminds him of how the sparks began. It was autumn just like now, when he first saw a woman so emotionless and miserable. Her eyes were empty as if there wasn’t any soul inside and her appearance was far from proper. Something about the woman touched his heart, as he came to approach her. It turned out the woman become one of the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.

 

            “ Chanyeol-ah… Yah! “

 

            Yuri waved her hands across his face. The man lost his train of thought the moment he found such distraction.

 

            “ Sorry… What did you say? “ A low and deep voice escaped from his lips. Even though, she heard it for a thousand times already, it didn’t erase the fact, that she always feels such sensation came through her soul, each time his manly voice came out.

 

            She stopped her feet from walking, her face looked indescribable. Chanyeol knew what was she trying to say, but decided to wait until she spit it out herself. She took a huge amount of air, before shifting her gaze towards the kindest man on earth, Park Chanyeol.

 

            “ I-I’m afraid… W-What I-If-“ Her voice came out stuttered. He could feel her insecurities and fear built inside of her.  In fact, he knows her so well, no one ever does.

 

            Being a gentleman, he put his both hands onto her shoulders, while forcing her to see him directly. The woman bit her lips in dismay, and it hurts him to see her become into this state. Within a second, he pulled her into his embrace, taking in her sweet scent through his sense.

 

            “ Don’t worry, I’ll be here protecting you…” He spoke in the midst of their embrace. Little did he know, the woman smiled bitterly while trying her best to not to cry. For the past six years, she finally able to moved on now.

 

***

 

 

Seoul, 7th October 2012, 8.35 pm

            A soft whisper woke him up from his short nap. He blinked his eyes rapidly while trying to adjust from the sudden light emerged from the other side of car window. Minutes later, the sounds of giggle could be heard echoing the whole parking lot. His usual smirk captured on his face, as he knew he was being trolled.

 

            “ Yah! Huang Sajangnim, you should see the look upon your face! “ A soft giggle escaped from her soft and kissable lips. The woman looks bright and not to mention, very pretty. The long blonde hair complemented her white complexion and perfect feature. She looked like a Barbie doll and men drawn into her, voluntarily.

 

            “ You should stop teasing me, Sica-ah… I’m not as young as you are…”

 

            “ And not as cool as I am…”

 

            The man burst into his common laugh, he really fascinated by her. It feels like he could consume her everyday and not get bored. The woman looked satisfied as she could see his usual smile, something he lacked of, when she first met him. It was happen four years ago, when her parent set her a date with a man. It doesn’t mean that she lack of suitors, but then, her parent just want the best for their one and only daughter. The man she thought would be cheering her on their first meeting, turned out became an ice cold. She didn’t know what had invaded her mind, when she told her parent, that she likes him. The sorrow in his eyes was like a sparks to hers.

 

            “ Hey… “ He found her sinking herself into a deep thought for a moment. She was back into her consciousness and began to brush it off and putting her usual smile across her face.

 

            “ Look, I found it when I’m looking for a new bracelet…” She showed him, a head accessory, similar with what Minnie Mouse had –a red ribbon with white polka dots.

 

            It reminded him of someone. Someone who once living inside of his heart and leave a deep scar, no one ever could heal. The images flashed inside of his head, erupted his thought of past memories. He still remember the name of that significant someone, Kwon Yuri.

 

            “ Tao? Hey! “

 

            He startled when he felt a soft touch shaking his well built body. Then it dawn on him, he was no longer Kwon Yuri’s he’s now Jung Jessica’s lover. The past was not a place for him to stay, he need to live his life like he supposed to be.

 

            “ I can’t wait to give it to Jinri, she must be like it, don’t you think? “ Again, she flashed him a cheerful smile of her, while looking into her shopping bag once more.

 

            “ Jessica…” The man named Tao, called the woman.

 

            Jessica titled her head, facing into his direction, looking as innocent as ever. He knew it, it was now or never.

 

            “ I love you…”

 

            She couldn’t be any happier than this, the sentence she had been longing for ages, finally escaped from his lips and it directly rang on her ear like an angel choir. She knew, he will open himself to her someday, and by someday, it looked like today.

 

***

 

 

Seoul, 8th October 2012, 10.47 am

            The flight was a smooth one compared to the last time she had, several years back then. Her femininity radiated from her outer appearance as she pulled her long brunette hair into a tight bun, her white coat covered her black body fit dress that reached her knee. She brought along her favorite handkerchief, thing that reminds her of someone. Someone she wished she’d never see again in the future.

 

            “ How’s your feeling? “

 

            She turned her head towards the source of the distinct voice. She could see his caring and sincerity by the round of his eyes. He was her best friend, brother, and perhaps a lover. He knows her so well, despite the fact that they were just being friend for only four year. It was when he took his master degree scholarship to Japan. She always thought that he was her knight in shining armor –God had sent to lighten her life.

 

            “ As long as you’re here, I think I can handle it…” She tilted her head facing him. Her melodious voice warmed his heart.

 

            And just like that, he knew he was half-way down to his victory.

 

            “ And by the way, I had her appendices when I’m learning about your case…”

 

            Yuri widened her eyes in surprise –she knew she could rely on him. A smile crept upon her lips, like an icebreaker to her gloomy morning. Ever since morning had started, it was the first smile of her. He was relief that she’s finally gaining her spirit back. What makes him even happier was the fact that he’s a part of it too –her smile.

 

            “ I can’t thank you enough, Yeol… “

 

            She bit her lips, restraining herself from the sudden urge to cry. She knew he hates it, when she started to cry, but she can’t help it, though.

 

            “ We’re going to take her back, your daughter…”

 

            Yuri lost her self control when she threw herself into him. He gladly took her into a warm hug, wanting to share the pain she held all of these years. He her hair lovingly, didn’t mind when she wetted his shirt due to the amount of tears she had produced. It was always end up like that, he –an angel in disguise patiently being her safe haven and he loves it a lot in fact.

 

***

 

 

Seoul, 9th October 2012, 12.37 pm

     A girl around five years old pouted her lips in dismay while clutching her pink backpack. She took a peek on her pink wristwatch for tenth time already. Judging from her expression, she must’ve been waiting for someone. The girl looked beautiful, her hair parted into two, and tied neatly with a red ribbon. Her rosy cheeks protrude each time she smiles, and her eyes were round and bright, looking innocent and pure.

 

            “ Jinri-ah… Your father hasn’t arrived, yet? “ A woman came from behind a wooden door and look surprised upon seeing her most adorable student figure was still seen around the school. The place was kind of empty, as the school had ended a moment ago.

 

            The girl shook her head, and it caused her hair to dance synchronizing her movement.

 

            “ Appa said, he will come late, Ms. Lee…”

 

            Ms. Lee ceased her forehead for a brief moment as she came closer to the girl, she once called Jinri.

 

            “ I’ll call your father, arasso? “ The woman tapped her small shoulder lightly. She loves this kid so much, not only because of her cuteness, but also because she’s quite smart around her age, and a very obedient child.

 

            “ Huang Jinri…”

 

            Both their attention drawn into the sudden distraction, turned out the voice belong to a woman. It didn’t take much time, before a tall and slim woman walking gracefully towards the student and her teacher. Even the teacher felt a bit intimidated by this woman charm and beauty. A smile plastered on her lips, while she dropped her gaze down, to meet the girl’s eyes. She had never felt any happier to see someone’s presence, not until now. It took her whole will not to hug her abruptly as she knew she could handle it.

 

            “ Excuse me, you are? “

 

            Again, another polite smile captured on her face.

 

            “ I’m Yuri, Kwon Yuri… I’m Huang Jinri’s mother…”

 

            Ms. Lee dropped her jaws down, after processing her sentence. From what she’d known, Jinri had no mother –her grandmother, Mrs. Huang told her that Jinri’s mother passed away when gave birth to her. She blinked her eyes, while scanning the enviable figure in front of her. Indeed, she resembled Jinri a lot, not to mention, her eyes and lips and her chubby cheeks.

 

            “ E-Eomma? “

 

            The two women shifted their vision towards the little girl. The look upon her face was a total confusion, her brows wriggled while her wide round eyes blinked several times.

 

            “ I-I’m Jinri’s teacher, L-Lee Sunny…” The woman stuttered.

 

            “ Ah, nice to meet you…By the way, I’m going to pick her up… “

 

            The little girl looked bewilder, she might only five, but she understood when her grandmother told her about her mother who died while gave birth to her. And now, out of nowhere, came out a woman, who declared herself as her mother. It wasn’t made sense to her child mind.

 

            “E-Eomma? “ Again, she tried to steal the adult’s attention, and this time around she did it. The woman who confessed to be her mother, squatted down to her height, and caressing her cheeks, before pulled her into her tight embrace while bursting into tears.

 

***

 

 

Seoul, 9th October 2012, 1.09 pm

            A black Lamborghini speeded through the main road of Seoul city. A man with a fierce glare was the one behind the steering wheel. He took a small peek on his wristwatch every now and then, upon realizing that he was late –too late in fact. He was too agitated, while some uncertainties dwelling on his mind like insane. It might sounds exaggerate for some people, but he couldn’t afford, if anything ever happen to his one and only daughter –the only one that reminds him of his beloved ex-wife.

 

            He brakes the car abruptly, and parked it nonchalantly, while rushing himself into the school building. He could see most of the classes were empty, and there weren’t any of student left. He furrowed his brows, his heart beating faster, he was afraid, something’s bad happen toward his daughter, Huang Jinri.

 

            “ Mr. Huang? “ It was Ms. Lee, he acknowledge her as his daughter’s teacher.

 

            Without wasting much time, Tao decided to give her a shot. After all, she should know where his daughter was.

 

            “ Ms. Lee, do you know where Jinri is?”

 

            The woman broke into a wide smile.

 

            “ Ah… I thought her mother had picked her up…” She paused. “ She’s a great woman, and not to mention, a pretty one…”

 

            What?

 

            “ Excuse, me? “ Tao asked the short woman again. He thought his mind was just playing trick on him. He wanted to reassure himself, that everything came through his senses were all wrong. 

 

            “ Y-Yes… Jinri’s mother, Kwon Yuri…She picked her up, five minutes ago… “ The woman stammered as she saw him changing expression and for some particular reasons, it scare her. She knew he’s a good man, but seeing him at this awkward situation wasn’t a good idea.

 

            He gulped the saliva down his throat. Was it all true? Kwon Yuri. Even by hearing her name, the senses upon his body went paralyzed. For a brief moment, he could feel the blood rushed inside of his veins and the memories flashed swiftly across his mind. It didn’t take too long, when the wound within his chest began to hurt him.

 

            “ M-Mr. Huang? Are you okay? “

 

            “ N-Neh… Do you by any chance know where they go?”

 

            The woman shook her head as if feeling sorry to the young father before her. Even though, she had no idea of what was actually happen to her student’s family, she knows for certain that her parent loves the little girl a lot.

 

            “ It’s okay, Ms. Lee, thankyou…” He croaked.

 

            He soon left the woman in one swift movement. His brain forced to think any possible places of where they were just now. It was too complicated for his mind, his body to accept the fact that his past lover –his daughter’s mother was finally back to his life. He shook his head trying to deny the sudden news.

 

            He leaned his head into the car seat, closing his eyes in the process. The more he tried to brush off the memories away, her picture came clearer as if teasing his pathetic feeling. He was nervous, no, he was afraid, he didn’t know if he was able to see her face again after the whole five years back then.

 

            Kwon Yuri, why did you come back after all of these years?

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Here goes the first chapter! Enjoooy~